Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 05:18 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Massachusetts has the best public school performance in the entire country.

You can thank the 'evil lefties' for that.
Actually its usually maryland that has highest rated public schools and the public school system is terrible in Maryland. Maybe its just rating whose public schools are usually the least troubled.

I grew up in Maryland public schools when my dad was in government. Race problems,all sorts of issues especially in counties around Baltimore and DC.

Most so called leftists and middle and upper middle class try to get their kids in charter and private schools
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2017, 05:30 PM

4,428 posts, read 6,506,556 times
Quote:
If Massachusetts Were A Country, Its Students Would Rank 9th In The World
https://www.google.com/search?q=Mass...obile&ie=UTF-8

These Are The States With The Best And Worst School Systems, According To New Rankings | The Huffington Post

Old 02-16-2017, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Actually its usually maryland that has highest rated public schools and the public school system is terrible in Maryland. Maybe its just rating whose public schools are usually the least troubled.

I grew up in Maryland public schools when my dad was in government. Race problems,all sorts of issues especially in counties around Baltimore and DC.

Most so called leftists and middle and upper middle class try to get their kids in charter and private schools
Believe you got best high schools only.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:01 PM

3,106 posts, read 1,768,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Its so depressing living in a blue state run by left wing lunatics. If my ederly mother wasn't living alone and needed help. I would get in my ford truck and drive to state where men are men and women are women. In this state men are ? and women are ?

Massachusetts officials mull sanctuary state legislation
I see the article is from the Hampshire Gazette. I used to live in Happy Valley myself, and escaped north. Northern New England may be right next door but it is a world away from MA.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:07 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,155,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Massachusetts also doesn't have nearly the illegal alien problem CA has. Try filling those classrooms with children who don't speak English and see where that performance goes.
MA needs to accept about 500k Illegals who don't speak English and never gone to school.

Their lilly white schools would go to crap. Let them take in as many as they want. They'll end up like France or Germany.

Old 02-16-2017, 07:18 PM

9,613 posts, read 6,939,336 times
Aside from pure spite, what is it that Mass is hoping to achieve with sanctuary status?
Hoping to attract the countries least productive people to their state?
Take a look at counties along the Texas Mexico border if they want a glimpse of the future they're hoping to attract.

Old 02-17-2017, 01:23 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Massachusetts has the best public school performance in the entire country......................
If you schools get flooded with illegal immigrants do you think they'll stay that way?

Old 02-17-2017, 01:38 AM

3,615 posts, read 2,328,241 times
Massachusetts hasnt had great success with minority students. Black and Hispanic students in Massachusetts public schools are less successful than comparable students in 14 states, from Maryland and New Jersey in the northeast/Atlantic , to Florida and Georgia in the South, to Washington in the West. So many school ratings are very race based.

White kids make up a very small minority of Boston public schools. Even though roughly half the city is white, white students make up only 14 percent of public school students. Its an enormous demographic shift. In the 1960s, 68 percent of Boston public school students were white. Busing changed everything

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...s4H/story.html

Old 02-17-2017, 02:16 AM

22,449 posts, read 11,972,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
Its so depressing living in a blue state run by left wing lunatics. If my ederly mother wasn't living alone and needed help. I would get in my ford truck and drive to state where men are men and women are women. In this state men are ? and women are ?

Massachusetts officials mull sanctuary state legislation
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
....born and bred, former 'm*******'....left it in 2008 and never looked back...btw, have fun shoveling...lol
Another MA native here. It was always blue but it sounds like they are now wanting to go off the deep end like CA has done.

Old 02-17-2017, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Massachusetts hasnt had great success with minority students. Black and Hispanic students in Massachusetts public schools are less successful than comparable students in 14 states, from Maryland and New Jersey in the northeast/Atlantic , to Florida and Georgia in the South, to Washington in the West. So many school ratings are very race based.

White kids make up a very small minority of Boston public schools. Even though roughly half the city is white, white students make up only 14 percent of public school students. Its an enormous demographic shift. In the 1960s, 68 percent of Boston public school students were white. Busing changed everything

https://www.bostonglobe.com/business...s4H/story.html
Still doesn't take away we're the the best overall. Can we do better? Yes. Can we serve minority students better? Yes. But pretty much most states have to improve a lot more than Massachusetts does. Time to for you guys to stop making excuses an catch up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies