Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 06:38 AM

13,684 posts, read 9,003,085 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your topic, which I realize was simply parroting mediatdate, fallaciously makes the broad jump to conclusion that all Trump assumes all Black people know each other. Any critically thinking adult knows otherwise.

Instead, the reporter is a political reporter that focuses on Black political issues. Hence there is a good chance she DOES know a member of the CBC. I can't imagine why anyone, except for a reporter who is simply looking to slam Trump, would think otherwise.

I fault the reporter for missing one of the biggest opportunities of her reporting career. i.e. Setting up a meeting with the US President and the Black members of Congress. She got a direct offer from the President. The rest of the people in that room would love to have such opportunity.
So, the President does not have anyone on his staff to pick up a phone and simply call a member or two of the CBC?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 07:04 AM

5,671 posts, read 4,349,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
‘Are They Friends Of Yours?’: Trump Asks Reporter of Color if She Knows Congressional Black Caucus

‘Are They Friends Of Yours?’: Trump Asks Reporter of Color if She Knows Congressional Black Caucus | Mediaite

Aside from the ridiculous notion that a reporter should set up a meeting between Trump and the Congressional Black Caucus, why would Trump ask if she is friends with the members of the CBC? He obviously thinks that all black people know each other.
This is dumb. He wasn't asking if all black people knew each other. The person asked something about if Trump planned to meet with black Caucuses. Trump was just saying that if the Caucus wanted to meet with him, he'd be more than willing.

If we want to get annoyed at Trump at things, there are plenty of real options. Trump responded vaguely through that whole interview with with hazy promises of how everything's going to be fine and everything is great.

I guess that would require a less catchy headline to focus on that though...which would result in less hits for the website.

The moral of the story is that all new sources like to yell THERE'S A THREE-HEADED GIANT FROM OUTER SPACE for attention once in awhile.

In your link, go to about 3:10 in the video and watch from that point onward. Clearly, Trump felt like the reporter was pushing the needs of the Black Caucus and implying he didn't care about them (which for all I know he doesn't. I don't pay enough attention to politics...but anyone's going to be annoyed by that implication whether they care or not). His question about whether or not the reporter was their friend was a way to display his annoyance. That's all.

This type of "Hey, look at the 3-headed space giant" of the media annoys me a lot. I understand why they do it, for cash, but it certainly shows a low level of integrity of their journalists.

Last edited by Clintone; 02-17-2017 at 07:28 AM..

Old 02-17-2017, 07:16 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
They should. They're all "brothas" and "sistas", right?
Let me guess, you disagree with the OP.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:17 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,209,432 times
another stupid thread.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:19 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
another stupid thread.

Of course it's stupid.

It involves a tRump statement.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:20 AM

72,971 posts, read 62,554,457 times
I heard this on the radio. I would say President Trump was rude.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:21 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,251,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
‘Are They Friends Of Yours?’: Trump Asks Reporter of Color if She Knows Congressional Black Caucus

‘Are They Friends Of Yours?’: Trump Asks Reporter of Color if She Knows Congressional Black Caucus | Mediaite

Aside from the ridiculous notion that a reporter should set up a meeting between Trump and the Congressional Black Caucus, why would Trump ask if she is friends with the members of the CBC? He obviously thinks that all black people know each other.
wull she bought it up, didn't she...Trump was trying to suggest to her, that they could have a meeting....and Boom, b/c she is black, they take it to the total opposite end of the Spectrum, of course.

He is trying to put together meetings with everyone to discuss situations, to educate himself and everyone else on the problems and to discuss them....

how else can things be worked out?

I swear, no matter what he says or does, the dems always attack him and see things that aren't there.

Yes, he is a lousy talker, and yes, he goes against a lot of things that dems do like, however, he is in fact the president, and up until now, has done things he said he was going to do....

the man speaks publically all the time, b/c he is trying hard to let the people know what is going on....like him or not, you can't deny that.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 AM

21,097 posts, read 19,694,480 times
How dare a black reporter be friends with anyone on the black caucus.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:22 AM

14,480 posts, read 11,273,359 times
What difference does it make, the CBC has already said that they will weigh whether or not to meet with him, which means they won't. They will be forbidden to do so based solely on politics.

Stupid because they have a lot of the exact same positions as he does, specifically on the illegal immigrant issue.

Old 02-17-2017, 07:23 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,356,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Oh yeah...

That psychotic exchange with April Ryan was hilarious.

tRump; "They're friends of yours, right? I'd love to meet with them. We'd have a great meeting. You wanna set up the meeting? You wanna schedule the meeting? You wanna schedule the meeting?"

I was smiling the whole time, thinking to myself, "Self, this guy's an even bigger azzwipe than I realized."

I think it's just the result of this spoiled richy rich boy telling everyone around him what to do his entire life. He thinks other people exist only to serve him, especially if they're black and female.

Folks, we're in for one helluva ride as long as this clown lasts in DC.

It was a revealing moment, wasn't it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies