Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-17-2017, 12:06 PM

8,924 posts, read 5,583,483 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
This abortion shop is hiding the facts, but some of their former managers are now speaking out. Yes, they had abortion quotas.
--------------

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbEomyC5I14

Abortion Corporation - Live Action
How many kids are you planning on adopting? I can't see why you are meddling into these poor women's business when it's not costing you. Bet you are all for the death penalty too...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2017, 12:13 PM

68,285 posts, read 54,079,395 times
Quote:
I suspect that the babies they killed don't care for people who had abortions.

Too bad their babies didn't get the opportunity to shout "my body, don't touch it".

I suspect, actually, no, I'm sure you don't understand the difference between a baby and a fetus.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:15 PM

1,700 posts, read 1,038,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the op should mind his own sperm and us women will mind our own reproduction. how we go about that is not his business.
Yeah, girl power! Lets go out and have unprotected sex with a guy that we don't know then we can just abort the baby! Yeah girl power! Condoms keep women down.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:16 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,867,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfternoonCoffee View Post
I don't "like" abortion. I am personally "anti-abortion"

But I should only be able to decide that for myself, not my neighbor, not my coworker, not victim of rape, no one but myself.

This shouldn't be a political issue, but a private medical and moral one.
Yep. I'd never willingly want my partner to have one personally (well, I'd never put my partner in that position to begin with!!), but I support everyone else's right to get one.

And it's been settled law for decades. Time to move on. We have much more important issues to tend to.

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 02-17-2017 at 12:24 PM..

Old 02-17-2017, 12:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,867,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peequi View Post
Yeah, girl power! Lets go out and have unprotected sex with a guy that we don't know then we can just abort the baby! Yeah girl power! Condoms keep women down.
If you think that is any women's logic path, you've never met anyone that has actually had an abortion. For most women I've seen that have gone through it, it is immensely traumatic and they think about it for the rest of their lives. To suggest it is just "something you do after hooking up" is insane. No one is waking up and saying "goodie! I get to have an abortion today!!".

You should also know that abortions are at their lowest they have been in decades (as they have continually gone down over the years) - Abortion Rate In U.S. Falls To Lowest Level Since Roe v. Wade : The Two-Way : NPR

This is mostly related to people using other means of protection (better to prevent a pregnancy before it even happens) and are more informed about their sexuality (thanks to improved sex education).

You want to prevent people from having abortions? Prevent them from having a pregnancy first - educate them and continue to give them protection options (which we're already doing...Planned Parenthood is an important part of this!!).

You should probably stick to topics you're informed about.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:23 PM

Quote:

Get back to us when condoms are known to be 100% effective.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:26 PM

25,677 posts, read 21,838,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Creepy. But I don't want people who don't want children to have them and view them as punishment. That's how we get babies dumped in trash cans and toddlers with cigarettes burned on their arms. Not to mention five year olds sold for sex so somebody could get some meth.

Go ahead and make the lesser of the evils illegal. We've all seen what a raging success the war on drugs has been. It's saved so many innocent lives.
Actually, most of the people you mention did want to have the babies.

Quote:
I suspect that the babies they killed don't care for people who had abortions.

Too bad their babies didn't get the opportunity to shout "my body, don't touch it".
Many parents put themselves before their children, they don't order their death, but some people can't get past always being number 1 even if they might owe someone a life since they created it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
Making someone have an unwanted baby is a bad idea. The kid will not be loved. Maybe that's what happened to tRump....he certainly seems someone whose parents did not give him much attention.
So, if a person wants the baby, the baby will be loved. Young are you? You need to look at statistics.
Also, there are families across the country waiting to adopt, of course, that might inconvenient the woman that helped create the baby she is carrying. We don't want anyone to be inconvenienced just to save a life, right?

For every baby put up for adoption, there are 36 families waiting to adopt it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
A couple of real sickos.
Shouting that one has ordered the death of their unborn baby, proud of that, lower than the lowest form of animal on the planet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
the op should mind his own sperm and us women will mind our own reproduction. how we go about that is not his business.
We aren't talking about reproduction. Plenty of ways to prevent that without having to order the death of one's unborn child. I am woman. I was pregnant one time and I cannot imagine how anyone can have their child put to death. We don't care about their "business", just the lives of the unborn that they refuse to care about, their children.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
How many kids are you planning on adopting? I can't see why you are meddling into these poor women's business when it's not costing you. Bet you are all for the death penalty too...
I have adopted one, a 4 week old with Down syndrome for whom there was competition, and we were very lucky to be chosen to adopt him. There are families ready to adopt babies and children with Down syndrome: National Down Syndrome Adoption Network OK, that covers the misconception that many babies don't deserve to live because no one would want them. They usually have something like at least 100 families ready to parent a baby/child with DS. As I posted above, for every infant given up for adoption, there are 36 families wanting to adopt that infant.

I have a friend that fosters babies born drug addicted. She works through all the stuff with them, and then they are placed for adoption.

I guess the best way to end this is that "one woman's trash is another woman's treasure".

Please don't make this a gender thing, a woman thing, I am a woman and believe that a baby is not trash to ripped out and thrown away at any stage of their life. Even PP had to admit that "abortion stops a beating heart".

As we know, the founder of PP was a believe in eugenics. Margaret Sanger, Race and Eugenics: A Complicated History | Time.com Yes, I know a lot of people think that is a good idea, I do not.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:29 PM

46,833 posts, read 25,751,383 times
Quote:
Said nobody, ever.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:32 PM

3,733 posts, read 5,938,988 times
I wonder if the people yelling to ban abortion are the same people who say that banning guns won't solve anything. So if abortion is banned, will this country go to a forced birth policy? Maybe have every pregnant woman register so the government can track her to make sure she gives birth? Not a far-fetched notion in Trumpmurica.

Old 02-17-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Please don't make this a gender thing, a woman thing, I am a woman and believe that a baby is not trash to ripped out and thrown away at any stage of their life. Even PP had to admit that "abortion stops a beating heart".
And your argument that the law should compel everyone to believe as you do is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies