Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 10:29 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,545,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Same thing in Los Angeles as well
If we weren't a sanctuary city I wonder if this would be necessary I'm guessing no
The vast majority of legal Hispanic immigrants can effectively communicate in English.

It's within the illegal Hispanic community where the real language issues are a problem forcing government agencies to require dual language staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 10:40 AM

88,804 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
And you didn't bother to respond to the entire post. You're not even reading the links you provide, nor are you bothering to read and critically assess the content of people's posts.

Comical.
It doesn't matter what I did or did not answer. Don't you get it? If illegal aliens weren't present in the US to begin with, employers couldn't hire them.

The fault is squarely on illegal aliens. Deport them ALL. The sooner, the better!

Guess what happens when there are no illegal aliens in the country? Yep: No illegal aliens for employers to hire.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:28 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,158,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It doesn't matter what I did or did not answer. Don't you get it? If illegal aliens weren't present in the US to begin with, employers couldn't hire them.

The fault is squarely on illegal aliens. Deport them ALL. The sooner, the better!

Guess what happens when there are no illegal aliens in the country? Yep: No illegal aliens for employers to hire.
Squarely, huh? Didn't know they were holding employers hostage and forcing them to hire them.

And I can't wait to hear the excuses and deflection when they, the employer, circumvent the system...again.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:05 PM

88,804 posts, read 44,610,756 times
Quote:
Squarely, huh?
Yep. Look at the law violation that preceded everything else: illegal presence in the country.

If the illegal aliens aren't here, and they SHOULDN'T be, employers can't hire them.

Deport ALL illegal aliens. The sooner, the better!

Old 02-19-2017, 02:49 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,682,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Blacks shouldn't have to act like whites to get hired and actually I don't know what the hell you mean by that.
I'm sure you don't.

Old 02-19-2017, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Squarely, huh? Didn't know they were holding employers hostage and forcing them to hire them.

And I can't wait to hear the excuses and deflection when they, the employer, circumvent the system...again.
Employers know damned well that if someone is accepting half or less of the minimum wage, that's not a legal resident.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:10 PM

62,739 posts, read 28,944,698 times
Quote:
Pfft! Yeah, who needs sources, right? Pesky facts, man. Ironically enough, you talk about someone else being uniformed right after saying sources are unnecessary.

Anyways, this is all because of the employer, illegals happen to be reaping the benefits.

So you have no personal knowledge of illegals taking construction, landscaping, restaurant, hotel work, etc. jobs? Really?

Unskilled Workers Lose Out to Immigrants - NYTimes.com

Illegal Aliens Taking U.S. Jobs

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

If illegal aliens didn't come to our country illegally the employers would have no access to them. At any rate, they are both equally guilty as they are both breaking the law. No one has a right to reap benefits from law breaking.

Old 02-19-2017, 03:13 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,547,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
I'm black and frankly I can't see it. When I was in Illinois before the migration of Latinos to our city, blacks were not in certain jobs--by their own intentions. When Latinos migrated into the area, they became taking the jobs blacks weren't doing anyway.

I started a thread in December discussing a lawsuit filed by African American men in Chicago who have been passed over numerous times by a staffing agency, as they watched Mexicans getting the jobs. The article I referenced is here:

Discrimination suit alleges black temp workers passed over for Hispanics - Chicago Tribune

Perhaps blacks aren't doing the jobs because they cannot GET the jobs??

Old 02-19-2017, 03:55 PM

15,499 posts, read 10,444,305 times
" Black trump supporter blasts sanctuary cities: “all the jobs are going to illegals!”-Your Finally Figuring It Out "

Illegals hurt everybody. The bulk of my property taxes go to a county hospital and school system that supports illegals. I which much rather it go to our black, white and brown Citizens, been saying that for a long time.

Old 02-19-2017, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I started a thread in December discussing a lawsuit filed by African American men in Chicago who have been passed over numerous times by a staffing agency, as they watched Mexicans getting the jobs. The article I referenced is here:

Discrimination suit alleges black temp workers passed over for Hispanics - Chicago Tribune

Perhaps blacks aren't doing the jobs because they cannot GET the jobs??
So are these employers unaware that the Hispanics they employ are illegal?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies