Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 06:00 AM

27 posts, read 20,127 times

Advertisements

Does it bother you that Trump is mentally ill?

Old 02-19-2017, 07:40 AM

856 posts, read 704,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
and Trump hasn't been given a bad hand? poor Ryan....booo hooo!!.....how does Trump lacks a basic understanding of economics and the constitution? He hasn't violated any part of the constitution and so far he has made better decisions than Obama who is a constitutional scholar..

Trump has been less than 1 month in office and he doesn't has his complete cabinet yet........why you give Ryan and Mitch a pass and break Trump's balls on something the GOP congress should have since 2012 ready to pass congress and get to the President's desk is beyond me.
'

jesus dude!!! this is simple math, W Bush ran in a 6 person primary and Trump ran in a 17 person primary (almost 3 times more of Bush) . Bush with less people running in his race and weaker competition he will get higher % of the vote compare to Trump's 17 person primary and tougher competition......the more people in race the less of a % the candidate gets, its math 101..

it happened in 2008 for the GOP, 8 person race but tougher competition than 2000 and Mccain could only get 46%......Trump not only had 3 times the size of the candidates than W BUSH had to go against but Trump had way tougher field than W Bush in 2000....even you have to admit that.......W Bush didn't go against any 2 term Republican governor or any strong candidate conservative from the south......his only competition was Mccain and Mccain wasn't well like by the conservative base of the party and once the GOP primary went South, Mccain was done. That was more of a coronation by the GOP establishment in 2000.

Trump doesn't control the number of candidates running in the primary.......if W Bush would have ran in a 17 person primary with the 2016 field of competition he would get less than 40 % and probably not win the nomination, he would have a really hard time if he had to go against the 2016 field......the GOP establishment in 2000 made sure W BUSH would have an easy nomination and limited the number to 6.....NO governors and NO strong conservative from the South, they made sure W BUSH was going to win the nomination easily.

i'm not going to debate you on NAFTA, I can copy and paste studies that finds its bad for the working class but you will never change your mind.....I didn't know huge trade deficits is a good thing but you say it is.

I don't rely on blind faith on the Washington Post o New York Times for the facts, I like to check their numbers with other sources:

Donald Trump's campaign contributions to Democrats and Republicans | PunditFact

Trump has actually been relatively evenhanded in doling out cash to the two parties, but since 1989, he’s contributed over $350,000 more to Republicans running for federal and state offices, campaign finance records show.
Data from the Federal Election Commission and state elections offices provided by the two websites show that Trump has given $584,850 to Democrats and $961,140 to the GOP over the last 26 years.
The difference in donations is almost entirely captured in Trump’s recent giving. Since 2012, Trump has donated $463,450 to Republicans and just $3,500 to Democrats (California Attorney General Kamala Harris and New York Assemblyman Michael Benedetto).

At the same time, however, the real estate mogul’s gifts to Republican candidates and organizations increased dramatically. Since 2010, Trump has donated $124,000 to the National Republican Senatorial Committee and given another $50,000 to American Crossroads, a conservative super PAC. public records show that the real estate tycoon has actually contributed around $350,000 more to Republicans at the state and federal level than Democrats.

sources for the data used : OpenSecrets.org, to find federal donations, and FollowtheMoney.org, for state-level donations.

Like I said, as a private business man in New York, Trump has donated to both parties but by far to the Republican party by a 2 to 1 margin.

here is another source: https://ballotpedia.org/History_of_D...ical_donations
It's one thing to donate to local candidates, it's another to donate to Nancy Pelosi and John Kerry as Trump has done.

Don't believe the Washington Post? Okay. Here is the National Review, a great conservative publication:

Quote:
Judging by Donald J. Trump’s personal campaign donations in New York state, Republicans and conservatives should expect to have his support about 40 percent of the time. And Democrats should look forward to having Trump in their corner about 58 percent of the time. That is almost exactly what happened when the real-estate magnate and Republican presidential front-runner whipped out his checkbook and distributed his campaign cash.

Read more at: Donald Trump Donated to Democrats & Crooks
The facts are the facts. NAFTA helps support millions of jobs, some of which are higher-paying than other jobs in other sectors. NAFTA has increased foreign direct investment into the United States.

As far as trade deficits, this:
https://www.cato.org/publications/co...eally-bad-news

Quote:
But are trade deficits necessarily bad for the U.S. economy?

The answer is no. Trade deficits are not a sign of unfair trade practices or a lack of American “competitiveness.” Trade deficits are caused by factors in the macroeconomy that are not directly related to trade. To understand why, journalists should borrow a technique from investigative reporting and “follow the money.”

When Americans buy imports, foreigners must do something with the dollars they earn. They can either use the dollars to buy American exports or to invest in American assets, such as Treasury bills, stocks, real estate, and factories.

If the amount of investment capital entering the U.S. exceeds the amount flowing Out, the extra dollars entering the country can then be used by Americans to buy imports over and above the amount we could buy merely from what we earn by selling exports. So a current account deficit is simply the mirror image of a capital account surplus.

In the global economy, some countries, such as the United States, are net importers of capital and thus run a trade deficit. Others, such as Japan, are net capital exporters because domestic savings exceed domestic investment. The excess savings these capital exporters send abroad returns to their home market to purchase exports, creating a trade surplus.

One reason for a trade deficit can be that the deficit country is growing faster than its trading partners. Faster growth attracts investment dollars, which, along with rising incomes, allow the deficit country to buy more imports on the global market.
As far as the GOP primaries are concerned, I've heard this argument before. By the time the Iowa caucuses, the first nominating contest, came around, there were just 11 candidates (12 if you include Jim Gilmore) running in 2016, compared with 7 in 2012, 8 in 2008, and 6 in 2000.

Certainly, you debate in an intelligent manner and I respect that. But the reality is, Donald J. Trump ran for President from the left and so far has, much to his credit, moved right on a few things since taking office. Where I do agree with you is, he's only been in office for a month and it remains to be seen what kind of job he will be. I am encouraged on a few things; reducing regulations, cracking down on sanctuary cities, putting in place the Mexico City policy, the federal employee hiring freeze, and his Supreme Court nomination. These are all great accomplishments. But I am also concerned on some things. I'm concerned with some of his cabinet picks, Steve Bannon, too many executive orders, his continuing Obama's illegal war in Yemen, many aspects of the ban, his proposed 20% border tax, his working to undo NAFTA, and the fact that he has shown no leadership on supporting Rand Paul's Obamacare replacement. Furthermore, with the GOP controlling the federal government, Trump & the GOP Congress should be looking to abolish the Department of Education, Department of Energy, HUD, the EPA, and the Department of Agriculture. They have not done so. Additionally, the $1 TRILLION infrastructure spending proposal is also troubling. But where you and I agree is, it's only been a month.

Last edited by njforlife92; 02-19-2017 at 07:53 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 10:01 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leavin' Carolina View Post
Does it bother you that Trump is mentally ill?

you can say the same thing about liberalism and the Democratic Party!.....just look their reaction on Election Night and after. Hysteria is a mental illness.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:09 AM

4,851 posts, read 2,283,349 times
Quote:
you can say the same thing about liberalism and the Democratic Party!.....just look their reaction on Election Night and after. Hysteria is a mental illness.

The far left went crazy after the election, but this doesnt alter the fact we now have a POTUS seemingly disconnected from reality willing to lie at every turn. Or that we have a cult worship developing around him that willingly accepts his lies and seems as disconnected from reality as their leader is.

I wonder what Pences thoughts are about now? He has to realize he has gotten aboard the crazy train, but as VP he cant jump ship and run for POTUS in 2020 if a serious challenge is made to dump the Official Village Idiot.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
As far as the GOP primaries are concerned, I've heard this argument before. By the time the Iowa caucuses, the first nominating contest, came around, there were just 11 candidates (12 if you include Jim Gilmore) running in 2016, compared with 7 in 2012, 8 in 2008, and 6 in 2000.
W Bush in 2000 had weak competition in the primary and the GOP establishment wanted to give him the nomination easily:

this was his competition:

1) Alan Keyes: former asst. secretary of state of Maryland
2) Steve Forbes: Private businessman
3) Gary Bauer: undersecretary of education
4) Orrin Hatch: My senator of my state who really wasn't that serious, no money, no foundation and withdrew on January/2000. He was there because the GOP asked him to be there to fill space at the debates in the beginning and protect Georgie from getting beat up and then drop out to crown the GOP establishment pick, W BUSH.
5) John Mccain : Senator, dislike by the conservative base and religious right of the GOP.

out of that list you can easily cut 3 who were weak and had no business being on that stage.

W Bush didn't face a 2 term Republican governor or a strong conservative candidate to give him competition in the South. McCain was his toughest competition on paper but McCain was hated by the conservative base and religious right of the party that once the primary headed south it was over.

now lets compare that to what Trump had to face in 2016:

1) Senator Ted Cruz: strong with conservatives and the religious right
2) Senator Marco Rubio: strong with conservatives and the Tea Party movement.
3) John Kasich: 2 term governor of Ohio
4) Jeb Bush: 2 term governor of Florida
5) Chris Christie: 2 term governor of New Jersey
6) Mike Huckabee: 2 term governor of Arkansas
7) Rand Paul: solid conservative

I won't list the others, since they were weak and had no business being on the debate stage but they had better credentials than Keyes and Bauer by far!!!!!

Trump not only had tougher competition than W Bush in 2000 but his opponents spent for money than him and had better grass roots on the ground to turnout the vote and the GOP establishment didn't want him and made it public ......W Bush didn't have any of those 3 obstacles that would kill 99.9% of any candidate, he had the most money, the GOP establishment backing him all the way and a ground game that he inherited from his daddy to turn out the vote in the party.

now be honest, you think W Bush would get above 40% against the 2016 field of competition? I would bet you money that he wouldn't win the nomination. He would have come in 4th at best, Jeb is a better debater and candidate than W. That's how weak the competition was in 2000 for W Bush and a cakewalk for him.

So when you say W Bush got 62% of the votes in 2000 and compare it to Trump's 45%, you are comparing Apples and Oranges and being a little misleading in your analyzes.

that's like College football: Team A wins by 62 points Team B wins by 45 points but Team B plays in a tougher division with a tougher schedule than Team A so Team B gets ranked higher.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 02-19-2017 at 10:53 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallflash View Post
The far left went crazy after the election, but this doesnt alter the fact we now have a POTUS seemingly disconnected from reality willing to lie at every turn. Or that we have a cult worship developing around him that willingly accepts his lies and seems as disconnected from reality as their leader is.

I wonder what Pences thoughts are about now? He has to realize he has gotten aboard the crazy train, but as VP he cant jump ship and run for POTUS in 2020 if a serious challenge is made to dump the Official Village Idiot.

the far left alone? add the whole Democrat establishment and their base.

you mean like the lies the country had to endure with 8 years of Obama and Harry Reid as Senate leader?

you want me to give you the list of Obama's lies and his cabinet from Secretary Hillary and Susan Rice and how he was worship by his base, the MSM and Hollywood?......they treated Obama like Rock star.....just on his lies on Obamacare alone, that takes the cake because it really hurt the middle class and small business.........talk about that Obama will cut your healthcare premiums by $2,500 a year and you can keep your doctor, WOW!!!! and nobody in the MSM called Obama a liar when he clearly was everyday defending his signature legislation.

this is what pisses the right off, the double standards and hypocrisy and the hysteria from the left and msm.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 02-19-2017 at 11:17 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 11:39 AM

5,719 posts, read 6,446,691 times
If trump doesn't run in 2020, it'll be because he doesn't want to, not because the GOP primaries him out.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:56 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times
Quote:
do you get tired of being wrong?
I will tell you when we know. Right now you don't "know" anything more than memory the neighbors cat. None of us do.... bit go ahead and kid yourself... pretend you have a magical ball that lets you see into the future...

Old 02-19-2017, 12:10 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Quote:
the far left alone? add the whole Democrat establishment and their base.

you mean like the lies the country had to endure with 8 years of Obama and Harry Reid as Senate leader?

you want me to give you the list of Obama's lies and his cabinet from Secretary Hillary and Susan Rice and how he was worship by his base, the MSM and Hollywood?......they treated Obama like Rock star.....just on his lies on Obamacare alone, that takes the cake because it really hurt the middle class and small business.........talk about that Obama will cut your healthcare premiums by $2,500 a year and you can keep your doctor, WOW!!!! and nobody in the MSM called Obama a liar when he clearly was everyday defending his signature legislation.

this is what pisses the right off, the double standards and hypocrisy and the hysteria from the left and msm.

Another disorganized, wacko rant...

Old 02-19-2017, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
Another disorganized, wacko rant...

lets compare the lies and corruption by the Obama administration for 8 years and how the MSM treated him and his base and compare that to the 1 month of Trump in office and lets see who is the one hysterical and full of B.S.

lets have a debate.....I will let you start.......... cricket.....cricket.......cricket!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies