Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,245,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
First of all, I absolutely want Trump to take policy changes to Congress. I believe in the constitution of the United States always, not just when it's convenient. You sound a lot like Barack Obama.
Nixon had 346 Executive Orders, Reagan had 381, Bill Clinton had 364, W Bush 291, Obama 276 and Trump only has 12 so far..........I think you just like to complain about Trump even if he blows his nose. Can you admit you are a Trump hater that hides in the conservative label.......did you bust Reagan and W Bush for abusing their powers with EO?

Quote:
Donald Trump has said that the press is the enemy of all Americans. Much of the media has a liberal bias, there is no doubt. But we live in a country where our leaders are accountable to the people and there are also many in the press who help hold our leaders accountable. Is the Wall Street Journal an enemy? The LA Times? I don't think so, Trump just can't get over the fact that his stupidity is exposed on a regular basis.
freedom of speech is a 2 way street. Since when the MSM is above critique and are untouchables? The President is accountable to the people and so are the free press. The press right now is an arm of the democrat party and the liberalism agenda and that is the real danger NOT Trump calling them out and they getting their feelings hurt. Freedom of speech is a 2 way street, NOBODY is above critique especially the MSM.......if you don't think the MSM has gone overboard with hysteria on Trump then you are clueless but then again you side with the MSM because you hate Trump above all.

The New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, USA Today, Time magazine, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and even ESPN are doing the liberal agenda.,,,,for every 1 conservative perspective reporter there are 10 liberals and their push for liberalism is so obvious in their reporting and editing......that's the real danger.

Quote:
Trump has abused executive orders. He's continued to illegally conduct a war in Yemen. Now he's talking about raising taxes, spending $1 trillion on infrastructure, and he said everyone would be covered with health insurance. How is any of that different from Obama? Trump and Clinton both ran from the far left so I voted for Ted Cruz.
Trump has 12 EO, Reagan and W Bush had 672 combine, should they have been impeached also??? Reagan raised taxes and raised spending, so did W BUSH but you didn't have a problem with them just Trump. If Yemen is an illegal war have the GOP congress cut off funding. Have Ted Cruz lead it since you praise Ted so much..........maybe you called in sick they day your teacher taught American Civic 101 but anything that has to do about taxes and spending has to get approve by the house and Senate......I haven't seen the final budget so I have no clue what are you complaining about Trump.....like I said you sound like those Ted Cruz sore supporters that can't let go the primaries and will complain anything about Trump even if he blows his nose.

Quote:
Trump only changes the electoral map if he's successful as President. The economic policies he ran on during the campaign would lead to recession and wouldn't help people in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Wisconsin. I'm encouraged that he's cutting regulations, but if he stops free trade then we will likely see job loss and defacto inflation.
that's your opinion and speculation but coming from a Trump hater, I have to take it with a grain of salt...He has been 30 days in office and he hasn't got his full cabinet approve and there are lots of work he has to get done with Ryan at the house and Mitch in the Senate.....but 30 days is really a joke to judge any President especially when Trump inherited a mess.

Quote:
As far as Jeff Sessions, this is a man who believes we should continue the failing war on pot, continue to spy on innocent Americans, and he has endorsed government stealing private property. This is a man who voted for No Child Left Behind, expanding the federal government's illegal role in education. It is clear Jeff Sessions does not respect or does not understand the 4th & 10th amendments. He also clearly has issues with the 1st amendment, as he isn't sure if he wouldn't jail journalists for not releasing their records (sources).
I looked at Sessions votes and on the issues and he is a very solid conservative to me. Very respected by the conservative base of the party. I haven't heard 1 respectful conservative intellectual say Sessions was a bad Senator. The only people who have real issues with him are the liberals and you a so call conservative/libertarian Ted Cruz supporter.

Jeff Sessions on the Issues

Quote:
Just because one doesn't have support in a primary doesn't mean they would lose a general election. In the fall, Marco Rubio won 52% of the vote in Florida, Trump won 47% in Florida. Rubio would have been a far stronger general election candidate.
well that is speculation on your part again because everybody that has lost national primaries badly by landslides has never had the opportunity to win in the general, so your opinion is just that an emotional opinion based on no evidence.

Marco Rubio won 52% in Florida because Florida is a Republican state at the state level, that is his home state and he was running against Patrick Murphy and Rubio got more Latino votes than Trump.....what does that has to do with a general election?

Florida has a GOP Governor, State Senate is GOP 25 to 15, State Legislative is GOP 79 seats to 41, U.S. House delegation is GOP 16 to 11........So Marco Rubio being a Republican has an advantage in that state versus the Democrat at the state level. Democrats haven't won Marco's senate seat since 1998, almost 20 years ago.

Your silly argument is like since Orrin Hatch won his elections for the Senate in Utah with 65% of the vote and Trump could only get 45% in the General , so that means Hatch could win in a General Election for President? NO! it only proves he is strong at the local level his state not nationally.

Quote:
Where you are correct is that I didn't predict the 2016 election correctly. I thought Americans disliked Trump more than Clinton, apparently the nation dislikes Clinton more than Trump. However, I also have no doubt that many of the other candidates in the GOP field would have performed better in the fall than Trump, especially Rubio, Kasich, or Cruz for different reasons.

I'm afraid if you support Trump's policies, question the need to follow the constitution as it relates to getting policies changed, and defend Jeff Sessions, you might be a big government Republican, I don't know all your views but your sounding like one here
more speculation.....since no candidate who has been destroyed badly in the primaries has gone to the General and won then your guess is baseless.
The Green Bay Packers got beat badly by the Falcons in the playoffs.....your argument is well the Packers would have beat the Patriots if they would have made it to the Super Bowl.....if they got beat badly by the Falcons where you get the logic that they would have beat the Patriots who eventually won the S.B.

if Rubio and Kasich were trashed badly by Trump who had higher negatives than Hillary (your constant argument for 1 year) what makes you thing they can do well in the general? ....they didn't show it in the primaries against a bad candidate in Trump (your argument for 1 year)

one more time, Trump has been in office for 30 days......if you are comparing his government to Reagan, Bush I and Bush 2 of big government I say he is doing fine.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 02-20-2017 at 10:09 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 07:08 PM

856 posts, read 701,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Nixon had 346 Executive Orders, Reagan had 381, Bill Clinton had 364, W Bush 291, Obama 276 and Trump only has 12 so far..........I think you just like to complain about Trump even if he blows his nose. Can you admit you are a Trump hater that hides in the conservative label.......did you bust Reagan and W Bush for abusing their powers with EO?

freedom of speech is a 2 way street. Since when the MSM is above critique and are untouchables? The President is accountable to the people and so are the free press. The press right now is an arm of the democrat party and the liberalism agenda and that is the real danger NOT Trump calling them out and they getting their feelings hurt. Freedom of speech is a 2 way street, NOBODY is above critique especially the MSM.......if you don't think the MSM has gone overboard with hysteria on Trump then you are clueless but then again you side with the MSM because you hate Trump above all.

The New York Times, Washington Post, LA Times, USA Today, Time magazine, ABC, CBS, NBC, CNN, MSNBC and even ESPN are doing the liberal agenda.,,,,for every 1 conservative perspective reporter there are 10 liberals and their push for liberalism is so obvious in their reporting and editing......that's the real danger.

Trump has 12 EO, Reagan and W Bush had 672 combine, should they have been impeached also??? Reagan raised taxes and raised spending, so did W BUSH but you didn't have a problem with them just Trump. If Yemen is an illegal war have the GOP congress cut off funding. Have Ted Cruz lead it since you praise Ted so much..........maybe you called in sick they day your teacher taught American Civic 101 but anything that has to do about taxes and spending has to get approve by the house and Senate......I haven't seen the final budget so I have no clue what are you complaining about Trump.....like I said you sound like those Ted Cruz sore supporters that can't let go the primaries and will complain anything about Trump even if he blows his nose.

that's your opinion and speculation but coming from a Trump hater, I have to take it with a grain of salt...He has been 30 days in office and he hasn't got his full cabinet approve and there are lots of work he has to get done with Ryan at the house and Mitch in the Senate.....but 30 days is really a joke to judge any President especially when Trump inherited a mess.

I looked at Sessions votes and on the issues and he is a very solid conservative to me. Very respected by the conservative base of the party. I haven't heard 1 respectful conservative intellectual say Sessions was a bad Senator. The only people who have real issues with him are the liberals and you a so call conservative/libertarian Ted Cruz supporter.

Jeff Sessions on the Issues

well that is speculation on your part again because everybody that has lost national primaries badly by landslides has never had the opportunity to win in the general, so your opinion is just that an emotional opinion based on no evidence.

Marco Rubio won 52% in Florida because Florida is a Republican state at the state level, that is his home state and he was running against Patrick Murphy and Rubio got more Latino votes than Trump.....what does that has to do with a general election?

Florida has a GOP Governor, State Senate is GOP 25 to 15, State Legislative is GOP 79 seats to 41, U.S. House delegation is GOP 16 to 11........So Marco Rubio being a Republican has an advantage in that state versus the Democrat at the state level. Democrats haven't won Marco's senate seat since 1998, almost 20 years ago.

Your silly argument is like since Orrin Hatch won his elections for the Senate in Utah with 65% of the vote and Trump could only get 45% in the General , so that means Hatch could win in a General Election for President? NO! it only proves he is strong at the local level his state not nationally.

more speculation.....since no candidate who has been destroyed badly in the primaries has gone to the General and won then your guess is baseless.
The Green Bay Packers got beat badly by the Falcons in the playoffs.....your argument is well the Packers would have beat the Patriots if they would have made it to the Super Bowl.....if they got beat badly by the Falcons where you get the logic that they would have beat the Patriots who eventually won the S.B.

if Rubio and Kasich were trashed badly by Trump who had higher negatives than Hillary (your constant argument for 1 year) what makes you thing they can do well in the general? ....they didn't show it in the primaries against a bad candidate in Trump (your argument for 1 year)

one more time, Trump has been in office for 30 days......if you are comparing his government to Reagan, Bush I and Bush 2 of big government I say he is doing fine.
An executive order isn't unconstitutional if it's a directive within the bureaucracy that the President has control over. Trump's executive order on the travel ban deals with foreign policy, foreign policy is the responsibility of Congress. The President's job is to enforce the laws of the land.

I am the first one to complain about liberal bias in the press. But that's a far stretch from Trump's comments. Trump's Attorney General couldn't even commit to not jailing journalists who don't reveal sources. Free press is something the founder's wanted and something protected in the 1st amendment. Trump and Sessions obviously don't understand that and their ignorance in this regard is quite scary.

Your defense of Trump seems to be "oh, well others did it so it's okay." When past Presidents conducted undeclared wars, it was also wrong. As far as Reagan, he at least made the tax code simpler and overall, he cut taxes. But you are absolutely correct, Reagan increased spending. There's no argument, but nice deflection from Trump.

True, the electoral vote analysis on my part is a prediction.

Jeff Sessions is very much in line with Trump on immigration, so conservatives like that. But on constitutional issues, he is no conservative.

Rubio did better than Trump in Democratic areas.

I'll also add this. Even in the areas where I'm encouraged, Trump still doesn't do what a real conservative/libertarian would do. He wants to cut the EPA budget by $1 billion. I'm all for clean air and water and there is a constitutional function for the federal government to regulate that. But much of what the EPA does is both harmful to the economy and unconstitutional. Trump wants to cut just $1 billion from an $8 billion department. He also signed an executive order mandating a federal employee hiring freeze. He should be reducing the size of government and eliminating the departments of Education, Energy, Agriculture, the EPA, and HUD. He also signed an executive order beginning the process of repeal of Obamacare, but he should be working with Congress to repeal & replace.

I didn't support Donald Trump for a few reasons. I didn't see much of a difference between Trump & Clinton on the issues. Trump lacks the judgement to be President. I also think he doesn't have much integrity and he lies all the time. I understand you supported him and will defend him no matter what he does, but I am looking at this from the standpoint of both my conservative ideology AND what is best for the country. We need smaller government and free markets, not some guy signing executive orders and picking fights with the press.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
An executive order isn't unconstitutional if it's a directive within the bureaucracy that the President has control over. Trump's executive order on the travel ban deals with foreign policy, foreign policy is the responsibility of Congress. The President's job is to enforce the laws of the land.

Wrong again. The Constitution and Congress has given power to the President on matters of Foreign Policy. Especially when it comes to the defense of the country. The statue which congress passed gives the President the authority on travel bans......if you don't like it have Congress take away the statue........No Court has ruled Trump's EO unconstitutional or the statue he used unconstitutional......Even Mark Levin a conservative lawyer who isn't a big Trump fan said that Trump's EO was lawful.

Quote:
I am the first one to complain about liberal bias in the press. But that's a far stretch from Trump's comments. Trump's Attorney General couldn't even commit to not jailing journalists who don't reveal sources. Free press is something the founder's wanted and something protected in the 1st amendment. Trump and Sessions obviously don't understand that and their ignorance in this regard is quite scary.
if the sources are illegally leaking classified information to journalists and the journalists knows it and still publishes it then I support the Justice Department to investigate the journalist to get to his source.....leaking classified information to anybody is illegal. Its stupid to expect Sessions to commit not jailing journalists over leaks of classified information when he has to take it on a case by case basis and weigh in the danger and damage to our national security.

I have no idea what is your hysteria. Trump hasn't shut down any newspaper or channel or radio or blog or magazine or put journalists in jail or in the blacklist or punish them with the I.R.S. ....you repeat the same non-sense the MSM and Democrats do. Free Speech applies to President when he is critiquing the press just like the press critique the President. Free speech is a 2 way street.

Quote:
Your defense of Trump seems to be "oh, well others did it so it's okay." When past Presidents conducted undeclared wars, it was also wrong. As far as Reagan, he at least made the tax code simpler and overall, he cut taxes. But you are absolutely correct, Reagan increased spending. There's no argument, but nice deflection from Trump.
if all Presidents from Washington to present have used EO, then what's your hysteria with Trump only doing 12? blame congress for funding those undeclared wars.....you can't fight a war without funding.

Trump is trying to cut taxes and cut regulations, only been in office for 30 days.....so I don't know what else to tell you for your impatience

Quote:
Jeff Sessions is very much in line with Trump on immigration, so conservatives like that. But on constitutional issues, he is no conservative.
because of pot? you have any other issues for you to say Sessions is not a conservative. I put the link again of his votes and issues: Jeff Sessions on the Issues

Quote:
Rubio did better than Trump in Democratic areas.
really?

New Hampshire he came 4th place, Nevada he came 2nd, Massachusetts he came 3rd, Vermont 3rd, Virginia came 2nd, Maine 4th, Hawaii 3rd, Michigan 4th, Florida his state 2nd lost by double digits, Illinois 4th, North Carolina 4th, Ohio 4th place...the he dropped out.......so I don't know where you get from point A to point Z about Rubio, he got crushed in the primaries.

Quote:
I didn't support Donald Trump for a few reasons. I didn't see much of a difference between Trump & Clinton on the issues. Trump lacks the judgement to be President. I also think he doesn't have much integrity and he lies all the time. I understand you supported him and will defend him no matter what he does, but I am looking at this from the standpoint of both my conservative ideology AND what is best for the country. We need smaller government and free markets, not some guy signing executive orders and picking fights with the press.

there is a huge difference between Trump and Hillary:

1) Supreme Court and Judges
2) Immigration enforcement
3) cutting taxes and regulation
4) Globalism of endless wars and endless occupation. Hillary by far is the most hawkish of the whole primary. She wanted to get involved more in Syria and put a NO FLY ZONE in Syria that would have put us closer with a war with Russia. The same mentality that Obama and her went into Libya and created another mess.
5) Ending Obamacare not expanding it like Hillary wanted.

I don't care about the small stuff from Trump calling out the media or his tweets, I care about the big picture of the things above that set him apart from Hillary and the reason he won.....so again you are way off in your analysis.

When he does something that is worth protesting or that I don't agree with then I will let you know and debate with facts. As of now, after 30 days,I haven't found any issues.....you will find issues with Trump for just blowing his nose.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Wrong again. The Constitution and Congress has given power to the President on matters of Foreign Policy. Especially when it comes to the defense of the country. The statue which congress passed gives the President the authority on travel bans......if you don't like it have Congress take away the statue........No Court has ruled Trump's EO unconstitutional or the statue he used unconstitutional......Even Mark Levin a conservative lawyer who isn't a big Trump fan said that Trump's EO was lawful.

if the sources are illegally leaking classified information to journalists and the journalists knows it and still publishes it then I support the Justice Department to investigate the journalist to get to his source.....leaking classified information to anybody is illegal. Its stupid to expect Sessions to commit not jailing journalists over leaks of classified information when he has to take it on a case by case basis and weigh in the danger and damage to our national security.

I have no idea what is your hysteria. Trump hasn't shut down any newspaper or channel or radio or blog or magazine or put journalists in jail or in the blacklist or punish them with the I.R.S. ....you repeat the same non-sense the MSM and Democrats do. Free Speech applies to President when he is critiquing the press just like the press critique the President. Free speech is a 2 way street.

if all Presidents from Washington to present have used EO, then what's your hysteria with Trump only doing 12? blame congress for funding those undeclared wars.....you can't fight a war without funding.

Trump is trying to cut taxes and cut regulations, only been in office for 30 days.....so I don't know what else to tell you for your impatience

because of pot? you have any other issues for you to say Sessions is not a conservative. I put the link again of his votes and issues: Jeff Sessions on the Issues

really?

New Hampshire he came 4th place, Nevada he came 2nd, Massachusetts he came 3rd, Vermont 3rd, Virginia came 2nd, Maine 4th, Hawaii 3rd, Michigan 4th, Florida his state 2nd lost by double digits, Illinois 4th, North Carolina 4th, Ohio 4th place...the he dropped out.......so I don't know where you get from point A to point Z about Rubio, he got crushed in the primaries.

there is a huge difference between Trump and Hillary:

1) Supreme Court and Judges
2) Immigration enforcement
3) cutting taxes and regulation
4) Globalism of endless wars and endless occupation. Hillary by far is the most hawkish of the whole primary. She wanted to get involved more in Syria and put a NO FLY ZONE in Syria that would have put us closer with a war with Russia. The same mentality that Obama and her went into Libya and created another mess.
5) Ending Obamacare not expanding it like Hillary wanted.

I don't care about the small stuff from Trump calling out the media or his tweets, I care about the big picture of the things above that set him apart from Hillary and the reason he won.....so again you are way off in your analysis.

When he does something that is worth protesting or that I don't agree with then I will let you know and debate with facts. As of now, after 30 days,I haven't found any issues.....you will find issues with Trump for just blowing his nose.
With regards to the constitutional issues here, I defer to this:
What makes Trump's travel ban so unconstitutional | TheHill

I think you are missing the point here. The point is not Trump's right to criticize the press, he is protected under the first amendment as is every American. The problem is, he has a history of discussing the possibility of jailing journalists and while you are correct the leaking of classified information IS illegal, Jeff Sessions wasn't that specific. Trump should not be saying that the press is the enemy. That's not leadership, it's showmanship and it's politics. You keep saying free speech is a "two-way street." That's true. But freedom of the press is separate and protected under the 1st amendment.

You are right, Trump has been in office a little over a month. During that time, he has been an utter embarrassment to all Americans. He's decided to spend his time tweeting and discussing conspiracy theories about 2 million illegal votes instead of actually getting to work on the serious issues of the day. You are right, he is repealing regulations and I'm glad he is. I look forward to looking at his tax plan, but I can tell you the 20% border tax he's proposed is going to hurt our economy. So yes, if he cuts taxes people will save on their tax bill, but then it'll cost more when they buy fruit, shirts, and other consumer products.

You directed me to a link that displays many of his conservative votes, yes. But on the legal issues he will have to deal with as Attorney General, his record is quite troubling. He voted to ban same-sex marriage, which the U.S. Supreme Court said is unconstitutional under the 14th amendment. He wanted to change what the founder's did to suit a political purpose, not to protect liberty. He voted to make it easier for the government to spy on Americans.

I was talking about Florida only with regards to Rubio.

You are correct that Trump & Clinton differ on trade, judges, and immigration. But both backed bailouts, stimulus, universal health care, oppose entitlement reform, support the military industrial complex, and support more spending on infrastructure well beyond what we can afford right now. Clinton & Trump both back bigger government, Keynesian economics, and more debt.

The bottom line is this. President Trump has done a few good things, but many bad things as well. I understand that you support him and can't grasp how anyone can disagree with his policies or believe he's not a real adult. I hope I am proven wrong about him, but overall he's off to a rather bad start, with some bright spots.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:21 PM

Quote:
With regards to the constitutional issues here, I defer to this:
What makes Trump's travel ban so unconstitutional | TheHill

I think you are missing the point here. The point is not Trump's right to criticize the press, he is protected under the first amendment as is every American. The problem is, he has a history of discussing the possibility of jailing journalists and while you are correct the leaking of classified information IS illegal, Jeff Sessions wasn't that specific. Trump should not be saying that the press is the enemy. That's not leadership, it's showmanship and it's politics. You keep saying free speech is a "two-way street." That's true. But freedom of the press is separate and protected under the 1st amendment.

You are right, Trump has been in office a little over a month. During that time, he has been an utter embarrassment to all Americans. He's decided to spend his time tweeting and discussing conspiracy theories about 2 million illegal votes instead of actually getting to work on the serious issues of the day. You are right, he is repealing regulations and I'm glad he is. I look forward to looking at his tax plan, but I can tell you the 20% border tax he's proposed is going to hurt our economy. So yes, if he cuts taxes people will save on their tax bill, but then it'll cost more when they buy fruit, shirts, and other consumer products.

You directed me to a link that displays many of his conservative votes, yes. But on the legal issues he will have to deal with as Attorney General, his record is quite troubling. He voted to ban same-sex marriage, which the U.S. Supreme Court said is unconstitutional under the 14th amendment. He wanted to change what the founder's did to suit a political purpose, not to protect liberty. He voted to make it easier for the government to spy on Americans.

I was talking about Florida only with regards to Rubio.

You are correct that Trump & Clinton differ on trade, judges, and immigration. But both backed bailouts, stimulus, universal health care, oppose entitlement reform, support the military industrial complex, and support more spending on infrastructure well beyond what we can afford right now. Clinton & Trump both back bigger government, Keynesian economics, and more debt.

The bottom line is this. President Trump has done a few good things, but many bad things as well. I understand that you support him and can't grasp how anyone can disagree with his policies or believe he's not a real adult. I hope I am proven wrong about him, but overall he's off to a rather bad start, with some bright spots.

1) Since you are a conservative, the Conservative Review supports Trump's EO as constitutional:

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...r-fact-fiction

Mark Levin, a conservative lawyer: Levin on Trump
Levin on Trump

I can give you more but until the courts finally rule Trump's EO unconstitutional or parts of it then we just have to wait.

2) you are repeating yourself on the same issues and we are going round 'n round. I get it, you don't like Trump and we have to treat the MSM with white gloves because that is the foundation of our democracy, they can't take it....lol

3) Rubio won Florida with a higher % than Trump because he is from there and he is LATINO, he is going to get a higher % of the Latino vote against his WHITE opponent. You are comparing apples and oranges. Trump was running against Hillary and Rubio was running against Patrick Murphy, 2 different kinds of opponents........I don't know how you come up with that Rubio would have done better in a national election because the last time he was in one he got crushed badly.

your argument is : if Team A beats Team B by a larger score than Team C beat Team D....then Team A will do better in the Super Bowl than Team C,,,,,,,,,,,,,Team D is a lot tougher opponent than Team B.........Hillary Clinton is a lot tougher opponent than Patrick Murphy, so you are comparing Apples and Oranges.

Hillary Clinton got 400,000 more votes than Patrick Murphy in Florida and she lost. what does that tell you about Patrick Murphy? he was weak candidate in an election cycle that favored the challenger against the establishment.

4) Trump backs the repeal of Obamacare and will back the GOP plan once it gets to his desk....so I don't know where you get that he is the same on Hillary on healthcare....not even close.....Trump wants to tear down the walls and restrictions so healthcare companies can compete in all the states and Americans have a choice and buy plans offered for other states....isn't that a conservative thing?

5) I have never met a Republican President that was "perfect" in government control. That's just how the swamp in Washington works and Trump has to deal and give if he wants his agenda pass. Not Nixon, Not Reagan and not both Bushes have simplified the tax code or reduce spending. You should listen to Ron Paul on Reagan........as of right now Trump has kept his promises from taxes, cut regulations, Supreme Court, immigration enforcement and security......he is facing a hostile Democrat Party and MSM that I have never seen before with the previous Republican Presidents, well maybe Nixon, they really hated him. So after 32 days in office I give props to Trump under the circumstances.

My real concern is the GOP House and Senate NOT Trump but that's other topic.

Last edited by Hellion1999; 02-22-2017 at 11:37 PM..

Old 02-23-2017, 07:56 PM

Quote:
1) Since you are a conservative, the Conservative Review supports Trump's EO as constitutional:

https://www.conservativereview.com/c...r-fact-fiction

Mark Levin, a conservative lawyer: Levin on Trump
Levin on Trump

I can give you more but until the courts finally rule Trump's EO unconstitutional or parts of it then we just have to wait.

2) you are repeating yourself on the same issues and we are going round 'n round. I get it, you don't like Trump and we have to treat the MSM with white gloves because that is the foundation of our democracy, they can't take it....lol

3) Rubio won Florida with a higher % than Trump because he is from there and he is LATINO, he is going to get a higher % of the Latino vote against his WHITE opponent. You are comparing apples and oranges. Trump was running against Hillary and Rubio was running against Patrick Murphy, 2 different kinds of opponents........I don't know how you come up with that Rubio would have done better in a national election because the last time he was in one he got crushed badly.

your argument is : if Team A beats Team B by a larger score than Team C beat Team D....then Team A will do better in the Super Bowl than Team C,,,,,,,,,,,,,Team D is a lot tougher opponent than Team B.........Hillary Clinton is a lot tougher opponent than Patrick Murphy, so you are comparing Apples and Oranges.

Hillary Clinton got 400,000 more votes than Patrick Murphy in Florida and she lost. what does that tell you about Patrick Murphy? he was weak candidate in an election cycle that favored the challenger against the establishment.

4) Trump backs the repeal of Obamacare and will back the GOP plan once it gets to his desk....so I don't know where you get that he is the same on Hillary on healthcare....not even close.....Trump wants to tear down the walls and restrictions so healthcare companies can compete in all the states and Americans have a choice and buy plans offered for other states....isn't that a conservative thing?

5) I have never met a Republican President that was "perfect" in government control. That's just how the swamp in Washington works and Trump has to deal and give if he wants his agenda pass. Not Nixon, Not Reagan and not both Bushes have simplified the tax code or reduce spending. You should listen to Ron Paul on Reagan........as of right now Trump has kept his promises from taxes, cut regulations, Supreme Court, immigration enforcement and security......he is facing a hostile Democrat Party and MSM that I have never seen before with the previous Republican Presidents, well maybe Nixon, they really hated him. So after 32 days in office I give props to Trump under the circumstances.

My real concern is the GOP House and Senate NOT Trump but that's other topic.
1) I think the conservative National Review makes some good points here: Trump Refugee Order: Right Substance, Wrong Rollout | National Review

2) You still don't get it. The issue is not Trump being critical of what he considers to be bias reporting, it's Trump taking issue with a free press. That's essentially the rhetoric he's been using. There is a huge difference between saying "too many in the press are bias" and "the press is our enemy." Words have meaning.

3) You can't get over the fact that Marco Rubio did better in a general election than Donald Trump in a purple state. The general election electorate and the primary electorate are different. Rubio placed 3rd of 17 candidates in a primary, yes. But in Florida, Trump narrowly won as Rubio was rewarded with a mandate.

4) Oh, gee, I don't know. Oh, I do. What he said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPJfKdp3bDs

5) Donald Trump is proposing a 20% border tax, that's not cutting taxes. He's freezing federal hiring, he's not actually eliminating agencies or reducing government. He is continuing Obama's foreign policy, though even Obama wasn't as embarrassing as Trump when speaking the world leaders. The only difference between Obama & Trump is Obama spent billions and trillions on programs he liked and now Trump is going to do the same, that's been made clear. In fact, Trump is going to spend more than Obama ever did on infrastructure. We can't continue to borrow and print money to pay for an overseas empire and a runaway welfare state. We have to address the real issues - too many overseas military bases, big government, an economy that isn't 100% capitalist anymore, a federal reserve system that devalues our currency, and massive debt. Trump isn't addressing the real issues, he's simply playing politics.

Now, here is an area where you and I agree. I am also concerned with Republican leadership in Congress. Republicans in Congress should be working day and night to reverse the failed policies of the past and to implement better policies aimed at embracing free markets, controlling spending, returning to sound money, and following the constitution once again. Why Republicans in Congress haven't passed Rand Paul's Obamacare replacement proposal, tax relief & reform, entitlement reform etc. is beyond me. Additionally, Republicans in Congress should work with Trump when he's right and oppose him when he's wrong, Congress has been a bystander in the governing process for far too long.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies