Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2017, 10:50 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
He is going to replace them with people who funnel big,Kim's to his own businesses and financial interests. Pretty soon the official state department hotel with be Trump hotels. Or maybe Scion.
I doubt it - Secretary Tillerson arrived at the G-20 in Bonn, Germany with no place to stay. I bet the 7th Floor Obama appointees thought that would be a great JOKE to play on him. He found a place 30 minutes outside of Bonn at a Health Sanitarium and the Jokesters on the 7th Floor were "walked out" the next day, with a 'your services are no longer required".

Could have been purely a co-ink-a-dunce that it worked out that way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2017, 10:51 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I find it totally Shocking that the Trump Administration is not impressed with the 7th Floor Bureaucrats at the State Department that have presided for years over a FAILED Mid-East Peace Process, that presided over the pallets of Billions of dollars in CASH that was flown into Iran, that presided over the Libya Debacle and the Rise of ISIS, that presided over the Iran Nuclear "Deal" that Iran constantly ignores.

Why in the World would the Trump Administration and Secretary Tilleson want to rid themselves of these Genius Swamp Creatures? Shocking!
Someone I know who did two tours in Iraq told me there were pallets of money there as well. He saw them. He unloaded them from the aircrafts. That was under Bush.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:56 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,436,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
I doubt it - Secretary Tillerson arrived at the G-20 in Bonn, Germany with no place to stay. I bet the 7th Floor Obama appointees thought that would be a great JOKE to play on him. He found a place 30 minutes outside of Bonn at a Health Sanitarium and the Jokesters on the 7th Floor were "walked out" the next day, with a 'your services are no longer required".

Could have been purely a co-ink-a-dunce that it worked out that way.
This is at the same lame level as the Democrats in Clinton's administration removing all the Ws from White House keyboards when Bush took office.

Juvenile.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Someone I know who did two tours in Iraq told me there were pallets of money there as well. He saw them. He unloaded them from the aircrafts. That was under Bush.
OK - did your "friend" also tell you that the "pallets of cash" in Iraq were a pay-off to a State Government listed on the US State Department Terror List (which is the case with IRAN)? I'm pretty sure that money in Iraq did NOT get handed over to Saddam Hussein. Seems like I recall that the "Surge" involved paying Villages and Tribal Leaders to work with the US Military. I'm not saying whether that is right or wrong ..... I am saying it's a whole lot different than the Iran Cash Drops.

Old 02-18-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juneaubound View Post
Were they giving the money to Saddam Hussein?

If not, then the comparison fails.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:07 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,962,522 times
So far the great orange Job Creator sure is cutting a lot of jobs.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
It doesn't sound like they were career employees, it's his right to do so but they need to get replacements as they are far behind on hiring.
Sounds easy doesn't it?
UNTIL we factor in that those positions have to be Senate Confirmations - AND, you remember what Chuck Schumer said about that. "We will obstruct and delay all Confirmations as long as we can".

There are somewhere between (depending on several sources) 30,000 & 40,000 Employees in the US State Department - All Ambassadors need Senate Confirmation and it's looks like several hundred high level employees are "political" and need Senate Confirmations.

The longer that the Leftist Democrats can stall the Confirmations - the Longer that the TeamObama people get to stay in charge. On the other hand - the odds are pretty great that people among those 30,000-40,000 below "Deputy or Assistant Secretaries actually have a lot of knowledge about how things work in that building.

It's just a matter of identifying those that are loyal to the American people and willing to work FOR Secretary Tillerson & President Trump instead of Clinton/Kerry/Obama.

Old 02-18-2017, 11:12 AM

31,041 posts, read 22,077,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
Yup, got to get more commie sympathizers in to make Murica great again.
Commies? Obama, Bill Ayers, Frank Marshall, Van Jones, all self avowed communist or communist Sympathizers

Old 02-18-2017, 11:17 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Where have all the true Statesmen gone?

Old 02-18-2017, 11:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Where have all the true Statesmen gone?
They only become "statesmen" 50 or more years after they're dead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies