Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 11:48 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,331,262 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
This is the Alt-Right in a nutshell. It's a characteristic of them, and it's very dangerous
And it is equally characteristic of Occupy Wall Street, Black lives Matter, the most aggressive of the LGBT militants, and other segments of the Nutcake Left; it's the embodiment of thedangerous force behind identity politics, and wields considerable influence in a number of states, most of which are big and blue, which is why most of our resident Lefties continue to caterwaul over the popular vote in the last election.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:53 AM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,152 times
Just to point this out, the deportations won't "start." They're ongoing and have been for a while. Contrary to what people who get all of their news from Breitbart say, deportations did happen under Obama. Rather or not they were frequent enough is a debatable topic I suppose, but deportations have always been happening. You just don't notice. Nor will you notice an uptick if and when that happens.

Regardless of how Trump presented it, there aren't going to be mass deportations in any meaningful way. They'll just happen more at best, but not in any unexpected way. He's not going to send in the army to just weed them out. Why? Because that will look like the SS looking for Jews. Even those who support Trump's mass immigration would be concerned if the military was combing through their communities (unless they've been brainwashed to assume all things Trump related should not be criticized; in which case, they're stupid as **** and I don't feel bad saying that since this sight isn't realistically on the approved "real news" sources and they won't see me say it).

Old 02-19-2017, 11:54 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Quote:
That's your own paranoia talking. There is no orchestrated effort by the Mexican government to colonize the US, LOL!!! And so what if the Mexican government encourages their dual citizens to vote? What difference does it make? They are citizens, they can vote if they want. Just because they don't vote in a way YOU don't want them to doesn't invalidate their vote.
No, it's not paranoia. You are just ignorant of the facts. Almost 10 percent of Mexican-born citizens live in the United States and the number of Mexican citizens in the US climbs when we take into account that US-born children born to Mexican parents are considered Mexican citizens by Mexico. The Mexican government actively lobbies for their citizens living in the US and provides resources for those living in the country illegally. In 2016, Mexicans sent back 27 billion dollars to Mexico, making remittances one of the top sources of revenue for the country. Mexicans living in America are a vital part of Mexico's economy and the Mexican government discourages assimilation.

Mexico's Defense of Illegal Immigrants

A Demographic Portrait of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the United States | Pew Research Center

Remittances to Mexico spike after November election | TheHill

Old 02-19-2017, 11:57 AM

45,369 posts, read 60,546,019 times
The, ummmm, border crossing from Mexico isn't new. Investigate why marijuana was really criminalized in the 1930s. The answer might surprise some of you.

Also, historically, Mexico has sent its excess unemployment north of the border. That's been the case almost since there was a Mexico.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:00 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
The sooner the better.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:08 PM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Anybody know? I'm curious to know. I'm not enthused about the border wall but I will say one thing, I'm actually looking forward to the illegals getting deported. The wall? Not so much. That's not being a good neighbor, and good neighbors help each other out.

Trump should deport as many illegals as he can, but it's wrong to just say to hell with you, and not help fix the problem. I think Trump should pull out of the Middle East and Asia, and put our troops where they are needed most, in Mexico and Central America as helping hands in crushing the drug cartels. We need to secure our own hemisphere first and foremost. The rest of the world can take care of themselves. We don't need terrorist oil from the Middle East when we can get all we need from our own neighbors. No Wahabiism going on in Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, or Ecuador.
What is a "deportation force'?

"
That's not being a good neighbor,"

Good neighbors do NOT enter your house unless invited and start going through your refrigerator looking for "free" food etc.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:14 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
What is a "deportation force'?

"
That's not being a good neighbor,"

Good neighbors do NOT enter your house unless invited and start going through your refrigerator looking for "free" food etc.
You're confusing international politics to what goes on on your block.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
No, it's not paranoia. You are just ignorant of the facts. Almost 10 percent of Mexican-born citizens live in the United States and the number of Mexican citizens in the US climbs when we take into account that US-born children born to Mexican parents are considered Mexican citizens by Mexico. The Mexican government actively lobbies for their citizens living in the US and provides resources for those living in the country illegally. In 2016, Mexicans sent back 27 billion dollars to Mexico, making remittances one of the top sources of revenue for the country. Mexicans living in America are a vital part of Mexico's economy and the Mexican government discourages assimilation.

Mexico's Defense of Illegal Immigrants

A Demographic Portrait of Mexican-Origin Hispanics in the United States | Pew Research Center

Remittances to Mexico spike after November election | TheHill
Your links day nothing about the Mexican government actively saying to resist all assimilation attempts. That sounds like something you made up, no offense. Children born abroad to US citizens are also nationals of the US too. Just ask Ted Cruz.

Your post is, for lack of a better phrase, fake news

Old 02-19-2017, 12:24 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,218,061 times
DACA

Deport All Criminal Aliens.

Since they violated US law getting here, they are criminals.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:42 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,172,053 times
Quote:

Your links day nothing about the Mexican government actively saying to resist all assimilation attempts. That sounds like something you made up, no offense. Children born abroad to US citizens are also nationals of the US too. Just ask Ted Cruz.

Your post is, for lack of a better phrase, fake news
Okay, so you have nothing to contribute to the conversation. Clearly, you haven't read much about this issue, which makes me wonder why you even started this thread.

Old 02-19-2017, 01:05 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,927,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
Okay, so you have nothing to contribute to the conversation. Clearly, you haven't read much about this issue, which makes me wonder why you even started this thread.
Either I didn't read too much into it, or you read too much into it. My money is on the latter. A lot of the stuff you talk about is found mostly on blogs, not credible reports

Last edited by theunbrainwashed; 02-19-2017 at 01:13 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration