Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 12:04 AM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times

Advertisements

Anybody know? I'm curious to know. I'm not enthused about the border wall but I will say one thing, I'm actually looking forward to the illegals getting deported. The wall? Not so much. That's not being a good neighbor, and good neighbors help each other out.

Trump should deport as many illegals as he can, but it's wrong to just say to hell with you, and not help fix the problem. I think Trump should pull out of the Middle East and Asia, and put our troops where they are needed most, in Mexico and Central America as helping hands in crushing the drug cartels. We need to secure our own hemisphere first and foremost. The rest of the world can take care of themselves. We don't need terrorist oil from the Middle East when we can get all we need from our own neighbors. No Wahabiism going on in Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, or Ecuador.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:18 AM

16,215 posts, read 11,335,819 times
This is the point at which political pipe-dreams run up against reality -- mostly via the sheer weight of numbers. Trump and his backers have no more hope of bringing illegal immigration to a complete halt via a wall and an overworked National Guard than the Snowflakes and Nutcakes over in LeftyLand have of seeing "self-driving" vehicles -- or robots replacing most manual labor. Progress in any large endeavor simply isn't that seamless, or that fast..

But at the same time, I think the people who elected Trump will be satisfied if he can identify and reduce the worst abuses and the most dangerous individuals involved in illegal immigration, That effort, coupled with a challenge to the so-called "sanctuary" cities, and the open defiance of the Peoples' State of Kalifornia, ought to be enough to clearly define the battle lines -- and most of us define our allegiance more from the refusal to swallow the Leftist Kool-Aid than the call of a Pied Piper.

Old 02-19-2017, 12:46 AM

7,646 posts, read 9,951,921 times
Well they just missed several big chances. Couldda just scooped 'em up like in Soylent Green at their demonstrations.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:36 AM

62,951 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Anybody know? I'm curious to know. I'm not enthused about the border wall but I will say one thing, I'm actually looking forward to the illegals getting deported. The wall? Not so much. That's not being a good neighbor, and good neighbors help each other out.

Trump should deport as many illegals as he can, but it's wrong to just say to hell with you, and not help fix the problem. I think Trump should pull out of the Middle East and Asia, and put our troops where they are needed most, in Mexico and Central America as helping hands in crushing the drug cartels. We need to secure our own hemisphere first and foremost. The rest of the world can take care of themselves. We don't need terrorist oil from the Middle East when we can get all we need from our own neighbors. No Wahabiism going on in Mexico, Venezuela, Canada, or Ecuador.

Mexico is a good neighbor?

Old 02-19-2017, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Whatever personal axe you have to grind, just stop.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:50 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Here is a Great example

MEXICAN LAW

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)

The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)

A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)

Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says:

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)

Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

Old 02-19-2017, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
Here is a Great example

MEXICAN LAW

Mexico welcomes only foreigners who will be useful to Mexican society:

Foreigners are admitted into Mexico "according to their possibilities of contributing to national progress." (Article 32)

Immigration officials must "ensure" that "immigrants will be useful elements for the country and that they have the necessary funds for their sustenance" and for their dependents. (Article 34)

Foreigners may be barred from the country if their presence upsets "the equilibrium of the national demographics," when foreigners are deemed detrimental to "economic or national interests," when they do not behave like good citizens in their own country, when they have broken Mexican laws, and when "they are not found to be physically or mentally healthy." (Article 37)

The Secretary of Governance may "suspend or prohibit the admission of foreigners when he determines it to be in the national interest." (Article 38)

Mexican authorities must keep track of every single person in the country:

Federal, local and municipal police must cooperate with federal immigration authorities upon request, i.e., to assist in the arrests of illegal immigrants. (Article 73)

A National Population Registry keeps track of "every single individual who comprises the population of the country," and verifies each individual's identity. (Articles 85 and 86)

A national Catalog of Foreigners tracks foreign tourists and immigrants (Article 87), and assigns each individual with a unique tracking number (Article 91).

Foreigners with fake papers, or who enter the country under false pretenses, may be imprisoned:

Foreigners with fake immigration papers may be fined or imprisoned. (Article 116)

Foreigners who sign government documents "with a signature that is false or different from that which he normally uses" are subject to fine and imprisonment. (Article 116)

Foreigners who fail to obey the rules will be fined, deported, and/or imprisoned as felons:

Foreigners who fail to obey a deportation order are to be punished. (Article 117)

Foreigners who are deported from Mexico and attempt to re-enter the country without authorization can be imprisoned for up to 10 years. (Article 118)

Foreigners who violate the terms of their visa may be sentenced to up to six years in prison (Articles 119, 120 and 121). Foreigners who misrepresent the terms of their visa while in Mexico -- such as working with out a permit -- can also be imprisoned.

Under Mexican law, illegal immigration is a felony. The General Law on Population says:

"A penalty of up to two years in prison and a fine of three hundred to five thousand pesos will be imposed on the foreigner who enters the country illegally." (Article 123)

Foreigners with legal immigration problems may be deported from Mexico instead of being imprisoned. (Article 125)

Foreigners who "attempt against national sovereignty or security" will be deported. (Article 126)

Mexicans who help illegal aliens enter the country are themselves considered criminals under the law:

A Mexican who marries a foreigner with the sole objective of helping the foreigner live in the country is subject to up to five years in prison. (Article 127)

Shipping and airline companies that bring undocumented foreigners into Mexico will be fined. (Article 132)

For those who understand, no explanation is needed. For those who do not understand, no explanation is possible.

I looked up, as well as an actual Mexican poster who lives in Mexico, in Spanish, and we didn't find these. These seem to only exist in English, and Mexico's official language is Spanish, not English. Curious don't you think? And also, Mexico PAYS for poor border town Guatemalan kids to go to school IN MEXICO

So before taking what Michelle Malkin says as gospel, do your own research first

You two go derail another thread

Old 02-19-2017, 09:55 AM

11,251 posts, read 11,025,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
I'm not enthused about the border wall but I will say one thing, I'm actually looking forward to the illegals getting deported. The wall? Not so much. That's not being a good neighbor, and good neighbors help each other out.
If illegals were rounded up en masse and deported I think a majority of Americans who want a wall built would lighten their stance on it. The truth is that we really don't need a wall. A border patrol agency that is given authority to use lethal force on illegals entering would be sufficient. Strategically placed land mines and a tower every two miles that is randomly staffed with a spotter and sharpshooter would be a perfect deterrent. Once one or two at the front of the pack fall, the rest will scurry back in the other direction. It's one thing to use lethal force to keep people in. It's another thing to use it to keep people out, and it is nothing short of justified.

No one has to die. Like any criminal, they would be taking their lives into their own hands when they make the choice to break the law.

As far as "being a good neighbor" to Mexico goes, we have been for a long time. We've taken in the trash they love to see leave, feed it, educate it, give it the same benefits (or better) than we give our own poor, and in return get to watch them rally in the streets, always demanding more, and just acting like spoiled brats whenever they don't get their way. Nothing short of eventual reconquista would they classify as "being a good neighbor". Now that the crackdown has begun, Canada can start to get a glimpse of how much these wonderful people can bring to their society, as they will flee north to avoid deportation.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:00 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,713,056 times
I hope these deportations are covered heavily by the media so families who lose family members to deportation are motivated to vote next time. Trump and the GOP are going to try to make it very difficult for minorities to vote next time and they will need to check every box in order for their vote to count. Televising these deportations and really showing them what Trump represents, kicking out people brought here as children that don't even speak another language should all be made very public. If they let Trump be elected again in 2020, they deserve the result. I will do my part voting against Trump but these people need to step up and vote.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchlights View Post
If illegals were rounded up en masse and deported I think a majority of Americans who want a wall built would lighten their stance on it. The truth is that we really don't need a wall. A border patrol agency that is given authority to use lethal force on illegals entering would be sufficient. Strategically placed land mines and a tower every two miles that is randomly staffed with a spotter and sharpshooter would be a perfect deterrent. Once one or two at the front of the pack fall, the rest will scurry back in the other direction. It's one thing to use lethal force to keep people in. It's another thing to use it to keep people out, and it is nothing short of justified.

No one has to die. Like any criminal, they would be taking their lives into their own hands when they make the choice to break the law.

As far as "being a good neighbor" to Mexico goes, we have been for a long time. We've taken in the trash they love to see leave, feed it, educate it, give it the same benefits (or better) than we give our own poor, and in return get to watch them rally in the streets, always demanding more, and just acting like spoiled brats whenever they don't get their way. Nothing short of eventual reconquista would they classify as "being a good neighbor". Now that the crackdown has begun, Canada can start to get a glimpse of how much these wonderful people can bring to their society, as they will flee north to avoid deportation.
So in other words, ********* I got mine. Nice
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration