Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 01:43 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,595,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Pretty much a smooth running machine compared to what it was and could have become, but hey- don't let facts get in the way.

facts? from cnn, you call those facts ??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 07:48 AM

3,838 posts, read 3,064,305 times
I'm surprised Dear One was ranked #1 or #2. Obama did so many great things for both the USA and the world.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:53 AM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,634 times
It's far too premature to rate a President that left only a month ago.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:01 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Give it more time. He'll go from 12th to 39 within 5-10 years as people look back and reflect on his failures.
Hell, no.

He's sandwiched between George W. Bush and Donald Trump.

With that comparison he could be mediocre and still seem Mt. Rushmore worthy.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:09 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,930,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Blah, blah, blah. Already a thread on this, but since it makes you guys feel better to bring Obama down, go ahead. Bet it really eats at you that Obama still has such high respect and your buddy is going into the toilet ! No matter how you try to dress up your pig, he is still a pig.

PS, how was your economy 8 years ago ? Ours was in the dumpster and Obama turned that around, but you are not going to admit it, are you ?
Is this why Hillary lost?

I mean seriously this is what the left is giddy about.........“Equal Justice for All,” is this for all illegals and not the victims of illegals?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:36 AM

27,138 posts, read 13,429,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post

That sounds like one disgusting sandwich, one slice Bush, one slice trump with an Obama filling.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:37 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
No surprise the Presidential historians I have seen interviewed on Morning Joe and O'Reilly all lean left. The man was a horrible president and still is a horrible golfer!!!

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2976168
Just classic! What a hoot!

Here we have someone who obviously can't take such a ranking at face value, because of historians seen on none other than Mr. Balanced Perspective O'Reilly! But posts the positive Obama survey anyway! Unwittingly demonstrating some real confirmation bias the likes of which is rarely seen so clearly exposed.

Too funny!

Equally interesting are all the other comments that even include the suggestion that our prior POTUS is irrelevant. Though true in some awfully sad ways, no POTUS is really "irrelevant" when it comes to how we got to where we are today, most certainly not our last POTUS after eight years and out of office only how many days now?!?

Back to the topic of this thread, I am at least a bit more interested in what historians, political scientists (experts in these fields) think about Obama, more than I am to read the quickie comments for or against Obama in these threads. I have seen many such surveys and Obama generally does well when ranked according to the many ways a POTUS can and should be ranked.

For fordtrucks and all the others who can't fathom such a high ranking other than by way of left leaning historians, I wonder how you explain the Republicans who rank higher than Obama in this same survey and others past.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:25 AM

3,569 posts, read 2,518,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
FYI, The only President in history to never have a year of 3% GDP growth. Yeah he really turned the economy around.
I'd say so. The Dow is ~3x where it was at the bottom of the financial crisis. We've seen many years of job growth and falling unemployment. Our GDP growth has been quite good in comparison to the rest of the rich countries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
Hell, no.

With that comparison he could be mediocre and still seem Mt. Rushmore worthy.
I think a fair appraisal of his performance 10 years from now will put him with Eisenhower as the top 2 post-WWII US Presidents. That puts him in the top 8 all-time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Just classic! What a hoot!

Here we have someone who obviously can't take such a ranking at face value, because of historians seen on none other than Mr. Balanced Perspective O'Reilly! But posts the positive Obama survey anyway! Unwittingly demonstrating some real confirmation bias the likes of which is rarely seen so clearly exposed.

Too funny!

Equally interesting are all the other comments that even include the suggestion that our prior POTUS is irrelevant. Though true in some awfully sad ways, no POTUS is really "irrelevant" when it comes to how we got to where we are today, most certainly not our last POTUS after eight years and out of office only how many days now?!?

Back to the topic of this thread, I am at least a bit more interested in what historians, political scientists (experts in these fields) think about Obama, more than I am to read the quickie comments for or against Obama in these threads. I have seen many such surveys and Obama generally does well when ranked according to the many ways a POTUS can and should be ranked.

For fordtrucks and all the others who can't fathom such a high ranking other than by way of left leaning historians, I wonder how you explain the Republicans who rank higher than Obama in this same survey and others past.
To answer the question you pose in the last paragraph: partisanship.

Old 02-22-2017, 11:28 AM

7,184 posts, read 4,763,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Obama is not relevant.
Uh hum.

Does that mean you're NEVER going to bring him up again?

Old 02-22-2017, 11:30 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
Ridiculous. Id put him in the low 30s.

The pre and post civil war presidents get the bottom 4 or 5.
Bush Jr down there pretty far. Carter way down.

I note they rank Wilson high. You know, the authoritarian who jailed opponents who was also a racist of high degree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies