Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2017, 02:31 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,933,960 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post

Will we be seeing the president label Carlson's report as fake news?
I doubt it. By the way, there were false reports about gang rapes in Sweden too. The police said they couldn't find any evidence of the rapes.

Horowitz has a video that went viral last year claiming that he visited a section of Sweden to film Syrian immigrants and was nearly beaten to death. He said he was dragged into a dark building and "they were going to kill me." So why didn't they? Does the police have a report confirming this brutal attack? What hospital did he go to for medical care? He said he was punched, kicked and tortured by several Syrian refugees but "managed to escape." Surely he went to a hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 02:32 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
No, he didn't,
He did lie. Whether it was from ignorance or done as a means to further his point, it matters not - he made something up that didn't happen. It's OK to acknowledge this simple fact - the Trump club won't disown you.

You can still support him and point out his (many) flaws.

Quote:
but it's real funny that you people get all upset and get your panties in a wad if you think Trump lied, yet you never seemed to notice the myriad lies told by your god, Barack Obama. No President in history has told more lies than that clown.
And deflection rears its head, again. I love how every legitimate issue with Trump is addressed by some Trump supporters via irrelevant deflection about Obama, Clinton, the DNC, and/or "liberals". Can Trump not stand simply on his own merits?

And you're gonna have to back up that statement - Obama was NOT the President to tell the most lies in history, and he seems to do quite well compared to our current embarrassment of a President (who may actually be up for that title of "President to tell the most lies in the US' history"):

Trump:
Donald Trump's file | PolitiFact
True (4%) (15)
Mostly True (12%) (45)
Half True (14%) (52)
Mostly False (19%) (72)
False (33%) (123)
Pants on Fire (17%) (63)

People Donald Trump

Obama:
Barack Obama's file | PolitiFact
True (21%) (123)
Mostly True (27%) (163)
Half True (27%) (160)
Mostly False (12%) (70)
False (12%) (71)
Pants on Fire (2%) (9)

Feel free to show your data proving your statement. I'm sure you have some extensive research demonstrating your point.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Now who's the liar. Trump never said there was a terrorist attack on Friday. I listened to his actual words this morning that were posted online.

The Left is creating "fake news" once again.
Okay, so please tell us what he meant by what happened in Sweden last night. What was he talking about? Did someone put too much wax on his Volvo? I'm curious?

You keep referring to "The Left" so does that include the Swedish government? Does it include reporters from Australia, France and Germany? I already posted links to numerous newspapers around the world. The whole world is laughing at Donald Trump and calling him a buffoon.

It's pathetic when Trump supporters call Trump's own words "Fake News." He didn't say "there was a terrorist attack" in Sweden, but he did refer to an incident on Friday. Please tell us which incident he was talking about, because we'd all like to know.

Old 02-20-2017, 02:35 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Now who's the liar. Trump never said there was a terrorist attack on Friday. I listened to his actual words this morning that were posted online.
So, what happened on Friday night in Sweden?

Old 02-20-2017, 02:51 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
To the extent there was a mistake, it was that Trump thinks it's appropriate to publicly discuss an unverified Fox News story and seems to have no grasp of the fact that as President of the United States, things he says in any location impact our relations with the rest of the world. Competent presidents are willing to accept briefings from the government experts with knowledge in the field, Trump thinks Fox and Breitbart propaganda is better.
Before he was elected he said that he got his information from the Sunday morning shows.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
So, what happened on Friday night in Sweden?
That's what I asked in my last post. They can't tell us because nothing happened.

To me it doesn't matter if Trump purposely lied or was using erroneous info he got from TV. He's the freaking President!

Why are people defending him and saying "he didn't mean this?" Will they say he didn't mean "Okay, let's see if North Korea really has a nuclear weapon. C'mon show us!" when he tweets that at 3 in the morning? Bush told us he got "bad intelligence" and used that lame excuse to invade Iraq.

All these excuses that he doesn't mean what he says and we need to look into his heart are so absurd. Anyone watch Kellyanne Conway on the Seth Meyers show when she said that in January? He asks "how can we know what's in his heart?" The audience was laughing at her.

I know I'm repeating what others have written, but this is what Trump said in Melbourne.

“We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany. You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”

Believe what? What happened in Sweden on Friday? Heck, I'll give him some latitude for making a mistake. So did something happen last week? Last month?

He keeps telling people that the media is the enemy of the people, but it's obvious who's the real enemy of the people. It's the person who wants to control everything we hear and speak. It's the person who doesn't want to be questioned on anything, fact or fiction. It's the person who [URL="http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2017/02/senior-nsc-aide-fired-after-criticizing-trump.html"]just fired [/URL]another national security appointee. No wonder Harward and Petraeus want to stay far away from the Trump White House.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:06 PM

5,189 posts, read 5,335,772 times
It's not as if Sweden is the first and only place he's lied about regarding terror attacks and terrorism.

Old 02-20-2017, 03:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffis View Post
It's not as if Sweden is the first and only place he's lied about regarding terror attacks and terrorism.
Except he didn't... But don't let that fact stop you...

Old 02-20-2017, 03:40 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That's what I asked in my last post. They can't tell us because nothing happened.

To me it doesn't matter if Trump purposely lied or was using erroneous info he got from TV. He's the freaking President!

Why are people defending him and saying "he didn't mean this?" Will they say he didn't mean "Okay, let's see if North Korea really has a nuclear weapon. C'mon show us!" when he tweets that at 3 in the morning? Bush told us he got "bad intelligence" and used that lame excuse to invade Iraq.

All these excuses that he doesn't mean what he says and we need to look into his heart are so absurd. Anyone watch Kellyanne Conway on the Seth Meyers show when she said that in January? He asks "how can we know what's in his heart?" The audience was laughing at her.

I know I'm repeating what others have written, but this is what Trump said in Melbourne.

“We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany. You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”

Believe what? What happened in Sweden on Friday? Heck, I'll give him some latitude for making a mistake. So did something happen last week? Last month?

He keeps telling people that the media is the enemy of the people, but it's obvious who's the real enemy of the people. It's the person who wants to control everything we hear and speak. It's the person who doesn't want to be questioned on anything, fact or fiction. It's the person who just fired another national security appointee. No wonder Harward and Petraeus want to stay far away from the Trump White House.
So, why didn't the esteemed press, that bastion of investigative brilliance instead of running off half cocked and writing some hysterical story ASK HIM WHAT HE MEANT? HMMMMM???
You know, the very thing that anyone on here would ask their friend if they said the same thing, "what are you talking about???"

They're so wrapped up in the "we hate Trump let's get him" to bother with doing their freakin' job...

Old 02-20-2017, 03:41 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They aren't blatant lies. Sweeden has suffered greatly since its refugee program was started. That's his point heree, and he's right.
If that was his point, why didn't he say that instead of making up an attack that never took place?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies