Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 12:28 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,634,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What makes you think they are false? Ami used the Swedish government's official statistics as per his conversation with Tucker Carlson. He didn't cite an "anonymous source." He gave us the source.

But, nice try.
facts are a real hardship for the rightwing racists. They hate facts, because facts can disprove rumors with ease.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 12:29 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Any more than a Nobel Peace Prize, right?
So you think Henry Kissinger is "left-wing?"
Yasser Arafat?
Le Dec Tho?

Old 02-21-2017, 12:31 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Don Lemon interviews the maker of the film "Stockholm Syndrome." The film contains unsubstantiated crime statistics, but Trump and the right wing media continue to propagate the falsehood that crime in Sweden has had a huge spike and that's it's caused by Muslim immigrants.

Don Lemon: “We looked at the stats from the U.S. State Department. Here’s what we learned: Crime rose about 7% from 2015; much of that was non-violent computer fraud and vandalism. In 2015 violent crime would decrease slightly,”

Fake News exists and the primary source of it is Trump, Breitbart, etc.

Don Lemon Calls Out Ami Horowitz Over Incorrect Sweden Stats | Mediaite
Because they (the people spreading false news, not all Trump supporters) desperately need for Trump not to have been lying?

That is what I suspect, anyway.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:33 PM

6,418 posts, read 7,247,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
evil - look at my post - again - someone who is believing figures a gov't puts out as they want everyone to believe it's all wine and roses. Visit Twitter and talk to Swedish people - look at you tube - quit sticking your head in the sand.
I have friends in Sweden, in Stockholm in particular. Guess what? They say its not all riots and raping there either, but a rather pleasant place to live and raise children. I live next door in Finland and have a refugee centre in my town - no raping or rioting round here either, except for an incident when drunk neo-nazi locals attacked some of the refugees who, understandably, defended themselves.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Trump said "Look at what's going on in Sweden! Sweden of all places."

Looks to me like something is going on there.

I never heard President Trump reference a terrorist attack... yet anyway, and if he did, he's just psychic... Trump being Trump.
I don't want to belabor this point, but he very specifically did not say that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0tSLV3GGQc

Quote:
You look at what's happening last night in Sweden. Sweden! Who would believe this? Sweden! They took in large numbers. They're having problems like they never thought possible.
Whatever, he meant something else...but it's not what he said.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
Conservatives are anti-Sweden because their hay haired cheeto king told them to be. If the UK disinvites him, they will go on the list too. Australia, Mexico, Sweden, possibly the UK all bad. Russia good.

Old 02-21-2017, 12:36 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
So you think Henry Kissinger is "left-wing?"
Yasser Arafat?
Le Dec Tho?
Are we now at the point where we are disregarding Pulitzer Prizes to discredit a fact checking service because it makes Trump look bad?

Last edited by HockeyMac18; 02-21-2017 at 12:51 PM..

Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM

22,184 posts, read 19,457,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
evil - look at my post - again - someone who is believing figures a gov't puts out as they want everyone to believe it's all wine and roses. Visit Twitter and talk to Swedish people - look at you tube - quit sticking your head in the sand.

Actual statistics be damned, it is what people post on you tube and twitter that count.... This is an actual argument??

Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsku View Post
The Swedish government official stats show crime rates haven't changed much since 2005.
Incorrect. Ami used the Swedish government stats.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z43-eUAYLxw

Old 02-21-2017, 12:45 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,929,594 times
Our President stood in front of a crowd of 9,000 at the Orlando-Melbourne airport where 49 people were murdered only miles away and didn't say one freaking word about them. But he made up a story about an incident in Sweden, a country with a fraction of the U.S. crime rate, that never happened.

...and people are actually defending him.

Last edited by justNancy; 02-21-2017 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: fix typo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies