Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,650,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
Nothing happened in Sweden, "last night". There have however been alarming incidents occurring involving refugees in Sweden for quite some time now. Not terrorist attacks but sexual assaults.
So that's an acceptable excuse to create alternative facts? Is that how this works?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 09:01 AM

1,364 posts, read 1,115,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
What you quoted happened last autumn, not last Friday.
I guess you don't understand what I wrote. It was just a joke. Maybe Trump don't know what a "Peugeot" is? Trump don't know much about cars. He even don't understand why Germans don't buy many Chevrolets.

What I was referring to happened last friday;

Quote:
12:17 AM: Police officers initiated a chase for a fleeing Peugeot through central parts of the Swedish capital of Stockholm. The pursuit ended in police officers ramming the suspect at Engelbrektsgatan. The driver is now accused of driving under the influence, traffic violation and car theft.
What happened in Sweden last night

Old 02-19-2017, 09:07 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,611,572 times
No moose is safe in Sweden on Friday nights.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:09 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
And you probably think the San Bernardino CA attack and the recent Cincinnati, OH attacks were fabrications too, and 911 wasn't caused by terrorists either. Right?
Um, what?

The San Bernardino attack actually happened. I know of exactly no one who says otherwise.

So far, only Trump thinks there was a noteworthy terrorist attack in Sweden Friday night. If you know otherwise, I'm sure we would all like to know too.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:14 AM

27,157 posts, read 13,444,010 times
Neo Nazis attacked a Swedish Refugee Centre recently, it was largely under reported bit did involve explosives.

Donald Trump is right, there was a recent attack in Sweden. By neo-Nazis on a refugee centre | The Independent

Three neo-Nazi suspected of bomb attack against refugee centres in Sweden

You only have to use google to see the on-going tension and Far Right incidents in Sweden.

Bomb Attacks tend to make Presidential Security Briefings, even if they are in Sweden.

Last edited by Brave New World; 02-19-2017 at 09:23 AM..

Old 02-19-2017, 09:16 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
They aren't blatant lies. Sweeden has suffered greatly since its refugee program was started. That's his point heree, and he's right.
Then if that's what he meant, that's what he should have said.

Clear speaking is the result of clear thinking. Fuzzy speaking is the result of fuzzy thinking. Fuzzy thinking is a worrisome trait in a US president.

27,624 posts, read 21,119,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I'll bet you believed everything Barack Obama ever said. Right?

Do you read the news at all?
No one has been caught in as many lies so you can quit with the false equivalencies....

Quote:
Fact Checkers Prove That 91% of the Things Donald Trump Says Are False
Donald Trump, the Republican front-runner, is at the bottom of the Politifact list with a sad 9% of true or mostly true statements. Just 9% of the things Donald Trump says are mostly related to the truth.
And the thing is, the majority of Americans are not surprised by this.

23,795 posts, read 13,255,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie0406 View Post
Show me where Trump stated that there was a "terrorist attack" in Sweden on Friday and I'll appologize and retract my previous posts.

I've searched and I cant find him using those words.
Stop twisting yourselves into pretzels trying to defend a bozo who speaks without thinking, or perhaps never thinks at all.

Unfortunately, the Trump Cult does not understand that there are 'implied' meanings in the context of a paragraph. You know 'continuous thought' which some people are capable of? What do you think he's referring to? Sad!

"...During a campaign-style rally on Saturday in Florida, Mr. Trump issued a sharp if discursive attack on refugee policies in Europe, ticking off a list of places that have been hit by terrorists.

“You look at what’s happening,” he told his supporters. “We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”...

"...But the context of his remarks — he mentioned Sweden right after he chastised Germany, a destination for refugees and asylum seekers fleeing war and deprivation — suggested that he thought it might have...."

Old 02-19-2017, 09:17 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,362,537 times
There might or might not be something of substance behind Trump's words yesterday, and that's the problem. He's a master of obfuscation. Who the heck knows what he's talking about? He's never specific, so viewers fill in the blanks with whatever they fear the most while Trump retains plausible deniability.

Old 02-19-2017, 09:19 AM

5,481 posts, read 8,574,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Stop twisting yourselves into pretzels trying to defend a bozo who speaks without thinking, or perhaps never thinks at all.

Unfortunately, the Trump Cult does not understand that there are 'implied' meanings in the context of a paragraph. You know 'continuous thought' which some people are capable of? What do you think he's referring to? Sad!

"...During a campaign-style rally on Saturday in Florida, Mr. Trump issued a sharp if discursive attack on refugee policies in Europe, ticking off a list of places that have been hit by terrorists.

“You look at what’s happening,” he told his supporters. “We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this?”...

"...But the context of his remarks — he mentioned Sweden right after he chastised Germany, a destination for refugees and asylum seekers fleeing war and deprivation — suggested that he thought it might have...."
In other words......He DIDNT say that there was a "terrorist attack" in Sweden on Friday.

Thanks for playing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies