Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Yes or no?
Yes 14 82.35%
No 3 17.65%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happiness-is-close View Post
Milo was referencing his sexual encounter when he was 17 with a 29 year old. In some states that encounter is legal given the age of consent. This doesn't really scream pedophila to me. My parents were 16 and 17 when they were pregnant with me.
But according to NYT he also said the following:

"Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody 13 years old who is sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty.”

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/milo-...-comments.html
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 07:06 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Uh...ok...*shrug*---so what does this have to do with a man who equates the age of puberty with the age of consent?

This was in reply to Frogburns post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
I really couldn't care less if Milo dropped off the face of the planet to be honest. I certainly don't care about his book.

People that have their eyes wide open see that what Trump has proposed needs to be accomplished.

Anyone suggesting 20 Trillion dollars of national debt with simply inflating the bubble post 2008 collapse as Obama did was success than they are severely misguided.

That seems an oxymoron and definitely not on point for this thread

Old 02-20-2017, 07:07 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,274,873 times
Milo was busted. He just got a bit ahead of himself since Trump tweeted in his defense at UC Berkeley.

In one fell swoop, Milo has gone from golden boy of the right to pedo defender in record time.

No coming back for Milo. The mere mention of boys and men will ruin his conservative fanbase.

Maybe he thought Pres Trump "had his back" and he could say anything he wished.

Bye Bye Milo

Old 02-20-2017, 07:09 PM

993 posts, read 766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Yes, it is fake news.

Milo explained that he was talking about people that are of the age of consent.
He absolutely was not! You obviously did not watch the video.

Watch the video, listen to his words. He believes older men should have a role in assisting in the sexually "coming of age" experience for 13 yo boys.

Oh, and he's very grateful to father Michael who taught him at age 13 how to give the best oral sex ever to another man. He said he has father Michael to thank for that talent. He was abused as a young teen himself.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:09 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,118,572 times
Somehow I think Milo will be fine. His book will be picked up and he's already explained his position in this controversy!!!!

Old 02-20-2017, 07:18 PM

4,490 posts, read 3,929,392 times
I enjoy Milo's outlandish approach in general but, like CPAC, I think this time he went too far. He can back pedal all he wants, but I heard his words.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:27 PM

993 posts, read 766,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
I'm not defending Milo, I'm just telling you what he said he ment.

There seems to be some left wing media that is trying to suggest that pedophilia is ok, but you are correct, pedophilia is not acceptable to the GOP.
Specifically who within the "left wing media" is endorsing pediophiliac relationships?

Old 02-20-2017, 07:27 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,118,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
But according to NYT he also said the following:

"Pedophilia is not a sexual attraction to somebody 13 years old who is sexually mature. Pedophilia is attraction to children who have not reached puberty.”

http://www.vulture.com/2017/02/milo-...-comments.html
That is getting creepy, even though 13 year olds can have sexual attractions (I certainly did, as did most of my peers). But I don't think Milo is saying it should be okay to have sex with 13 year olds, but rather his own thoughts of what pedophila is. People all over the world have various thoughts on what constitutes pedophila (at least one major religion in the world thinks 9 year olds are fair game.)

Old 02-20-2017, 07:31 PM

21,474 posts, read 10,572,809 times
It just goes to show how much more effective the right is than the left when it comes to protest. Burning buildings and beating people unconscious increased Milo's book sales. The conservatives got him not only disinvited from speaking at CPAC, but ended his book deal. I think it's a bit sad really, because he's a victim himself. But until this moment he didn't seem concerned about the young boys who are being victimized now. I hear it's quite common in the gay community to feel that older gay men are like mentors. Is that why they call older gay men dads?

Old 02-20-2017, 07:32 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,370,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Http:// Milo Yiannopoulos appears to speak fondly of pedophilia in video - NY Daily News

Will conservatives excuse this or condemn him ?
Milo isn't a conservative. He's a flamboyant gay man who likes to be the center of attention. He has some non-PC opinions that he expresses to achieve these goals. Apparently, he's also making some pretty good money from his notoriety.

Last edited by hbdwihdh378y9; 02-20-2017 at 07:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies