Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 11:57 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,456,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
If Trump is not a Republican how can he be right? You just proved my point. I am a centralist. I was raised in a two party family and I really do not fit into any party platform. I am registered Republican because I live in a county where when the primary is over so is the election. And as for the election, what choice did we have. I don't vote for traitors and criminals.

So you didn't vote for the guy with a cornucopia of ethics issues, who settled wrong doing for his "university", who openly asked for foreign leaders to hack his opponent, who bragged about assaulting women, who attacked the free press and the independent judiciary, who's campaign manager had close ties to Russian and Ukrainian criminals, and is currently being investigated for his campaigns contact with a nation we have under sanctions and who's NSA just resigned for similar actions?

Old 02-21-2017, 12:01 PM

29,433 posts, read 14,623,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
I don't see any plumber or electrician jobs going out to Vietnam anytime soon....
When an American company builds a plant overseas in a low cost country , who do you think does the wiring and plumbing ? Just curious. Need a hint, it's isn't American electricians and plumbers...

Old 02-21-2017, 12:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
When an American company builds a plant overseas in a low cost country , who do you think does the wiring and plumbing ? Just curious. Need a hint, it's isn't American electricians and plumbers...

the plumbers and electricians I know tend to be pretty busy these days here in America....so it's not like their jobs are dying out....takes three days to get either out here for a non-emergency call...

Old 02-21-2017, 12:20 PM

Quote:
the plumbers and electricians I know tend to be pretty busy these days here in America....so it's not like their jobs are dying out....takes three days to get either out here for a non-emergency call...

And ? I know plenty of designers, engineers and machinists that are currently working as well. So that makes it okay then ? It's obvious you and I won't ever see eye to eye on this topic.
It is fact that millions of high paying , highly skilled jobs have been lost. And the majority of people believe the BS that they hear, that it is only low skilled low pay jobs, or that these are jobs that will be lost to automation anyway or that they are jobs Americans don't want to do. SMH...

Old 02-21-2017, 03:57 PM

Quote:
And ? I know plenty of designers, engineers and machinists that are currently working as well. So that makes it okay then ? It's obvious you and I won't ever see eye to eye on this topic.
It is fact that millions of high paying , highly skilled jobs have been lost. And the majority of people believe the BS that they hear, that it is only low skilled low pay jobs, or that these are jobs that will be lost to automation anyway or that they are jobs Americans don't want to do. SMH...

my point is that I didn't see a ton of plumbers and electricians being promised jobs by a huckster for votes, the majority of skilled trades like plumbers can't be outsourced...low skilled manufacturing and coal jobs are not coming back to the US, period. There is nothing Trump can do about, if he even tries to address it at all...but he lied his a$$ off during the election and a number of gullible people who deem it their birthright to have these jobs bought his bill of goods and swung an election.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:02 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,882,876 times
Liberals think they smart than everyone else and dismiss any who does not agree with them. We are seeing companies stay and new investments around the country.

I would take a word of a Redneck over some who wear too tight of pants and school boy glasses.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Liberals think they smart than everyone else and dismiss any who does not agree with them. We are seeing companies stay and new investments around the country.

I would take a word of a Redneck over some who wear too tight of pants and school boy glasses.

yes b/c nobody on the right here dismisses liberals here....no posts here of conservatives calling names or dismissing education or learning, etc....

Old 02-21-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
my point is that I didn't see a ton of plumbers and electricians being promised jobs by a huckster for votes, the majority of skilled trades like plumbers can't be outsourced...low skilled manufacturing and coal jobs are not coming back to the US, period. There is nothing Trump can do about, if he even tries to address it at all...but he lied his a$$ off during the election and a number of gullible people who deem it their birthright to have these jobs bought his bill of goods and swung an election.
Here is the thing, you can't have one without the other. If it really was just low skilled , assembly line jobs lost you wouldn't see so many people fighting to keep them. Manufacturing encompasses so much more then this. And yes, many skilled trades have been lost. So when i have to vote between someone that stands for nothing i believe in, calls me deplorable or someone that calls me an American, and talks about bringing jobs back , well why wouldn't i roll the dice with him ? Not too mention the SCOTUS nominations, which was the most important thing.

Old 02-21-2017, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Here is the thing, you can't have one without the other. If it really was just low skilled , assembly line jobs lost you wouldn't see so many people fighting to keep them. Manufacturing encompasses so much more then this. And yes, many skilled trades have been lost. So when i have to vote between someone that stands for nothing i believe in, calls me deplorable or someone that calls me an American, and talks about bringing jobs back , well why wouldn't i roll the dice with him ? Not too mention the SCOTUS nominations, which was the most important thing.

well there you go- many low skilled manufacturers and coal miners who feel it is their birthright to keep this job for life felt that instead of retraining or moving to where jobs are put that concern above all else to elect a corrupt, grossly unqualified, huckster who will line his pockets while exploiting the very people who voted him in. Why is a bygone job that aint coming back worth putting this ****** into office? The one you seemed to hate was for keeping the safety net- making sure there was money to retrain those out of work, that there was healthcare so these people out of work or struggling could keep from losing their house if they got sick, had unemployment insurance to help get by for a while....the one you voted for is working to strip away each and every one of those items...but yeah- the guy who puts his name of tall buildings and everyone in NYC knows is a ****** will be able to stem the tide of globalization and turn back economic progress to benefit a few all with his fancy hat and catchy slogan....

Old 02-21-2017, 05:36 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,453,778 times
Quote:
well there you go- many low skilled manufacturers and coal miners who feel it is their birthright to keep this job for life felt that instead of retraining or moving to where jobs are put that concern above all else to elect a corrupt, grossly unqualified, huckster who will line his pockets while exploiting the very people who voted him in. Why is a bygone job that aint coming back worth putting this ****** into office? The one you seemed to hate was for keeping the safety net- making sure there was money to retrain those out of work, that there was healthcare so these people out of work or struggling could keep from losing their house if they got sick, had unemployment insurance to help get by for a while....the one you voted for is working to strip away each and every one of those items...but yeah- the guy who puts his name of tall buildings and everyone in NYC knows is a ****** will be able to stem the tide of globalization and turn back economic progress to benefit a few all with his fancy hat and catchy slogan....
Bygone jobs huh? Plumbing, Electric, Construction, are those jobs you think will be gone? These people get tested, licensed, bonded, and it takes years of experience to get licensed. They work on your house, your businesses and if it's a crappy job or gas lines blow up they get popped for it as they should.

Illegals with no accountability do this work for half the price yes, it's a bargain, but there are no bonds, no insurance, and no way to recoup your loss if anything happens or anyone gets injured. Is that the direction you want America to go in? Illegal slave labor taking over the trades. That will come at a big cost in the long run. Not to mention no labor laws for those illegal workers, and they get treated like crap. How moral is that?

Those securities you think Hilary was going to give are a joke for the working class. They've been a joke because they only serve those who don't work and are on welfare or coming out of jail. She wasn't going to save the working class. Most Americans make an average of 50,000 a year. They can't afford to pay for anyone else, that's just a fact. They can't afford to move around the country for work either. They can't afford to take time off to train in another field. They can't afford those health premiums either.

If telling yourself that only stupid people voted for Trump makes you feel more secure then that's your lie. Here in reality there was a clear reason Trump won, if you'd take time to listen then you'd understand. Then you could encourage your party to stop ignoring half the country, stop calling them stupid and maybe have a chance next time. If Trump does half of what he says though, you won't have a chance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies