Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 02:13 AM

9,908 posts, read 9,579,736 times

Advertisements

Of course everyone wants to come to America to have a better life? coz life IS better in America than these countries they are coming from. Of course everyone wants the freebies and entitlements and food stamps and healthcare when coming to america that they didn't pay for. But does that make it fair or right? No. We taxpayers cannot care for the world. Its just not reasonable. One day the well is going to run dry because too many takers and not enough givers. Law of averages will happen. Then the taxpayers wont even have enough for themselves, because the ones who have not given will take it all. so everyone starves. but you liberals should be happy to starve because you felt sorry for those who JUST WANTED TO COME HERE FOR A BETTER LIFE.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 02:51 AM

7,654 posts, read 5,110,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by l1995 View Post
To conservatives, wiping out the native peoples of the US and immigrating "legally" based on laws they made for themselves is totally okay. But if a nonwhite immigrant overstays their work visa in 2017, they think it's super terrible.
Thats becasue alot of other peoples are not smart or competent enough to build a war machine that enables them to re-write the rules.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:35 AM

35,679 posts, read 21,030,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
So if you don't think we should have unrestricted immigration, then how do you justify not enforcing immigration laws for even the "law abiding" illegal immigrants?

Either you want to enforce our laws....or you don't.

Why is the law less valid for those who are "just seeking a better life"?

Where do you draw the line at what's acceptable in the name of seeking a better life?

Say for instance, a computer hacker writes a program that skims pennies out of millions of bank accounts.
Now, what he's doing doesn't really hurt anyone...after all, it's only a few cents from your account....you'll never even notice it's gone.

Is what he's doing acceptable?

I mean he's just "seeking a better life".....right?

So....if it's justifiable for him....why not for everyone?

why not for employers?? the main reason for this problem--- why do you refuse to even acknowledge it?

Old 02-21-2017, 10:43 AM

4,828 posts, read 7,450,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Yeah, it's called being wiped out by unfamiliar diseases - same way many NAs in the US died. Most natives were killed off by disease, not war.
That's just a tiny part of the whole story.
Read your history.

Old 02-22-2017, 06:57 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,976,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdxMIKEpdx View Post
That's just a tiny part of the whole story.
Read your history.
It is a fact that most native Americans were killed by disease.

I was a history major in college focusing on American history, mostly pre-Civil War. I know my history and don't need that condescending remark.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:04 PM

21,461 posts, read 10,562,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorado0359 View Post
- Native Americans are the indigenous people and were already in the United States.

- African Americans were hoarded to Americaon spaceships, against their own free will.

- Mexicans inhabited the West and Southwestern parts of the Unites States prior to the American expansion into the West.

Based upon the definition of the word "immigrant", how did either of these groups "Immigrate" to the United States? And why do people continue to make the false canned statement that "Every American is an immigrant"?
Do you think Mexicans were indigenous peoples too? They are descended from the original colonialists. Even the indigenous people immigrated from Asia.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:20 PM

296 posts, read 232,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
If you didn't immigrate here then you aren' an immigrant.

It's very simple, isn't it?
But yet, people continue to bicker over this.

I come from an old New England line, whom have been in the US for a few hundred years; and believe it or not, on a Facebook news page in the comments section, I had someone tell me that I'm an illegal alien and I need to GO BACK to Europe.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I will give you that they broke the law, but you say nothing of the corrupt employers who keep them coming. They are the main reason for being here and the huge numbers of them . 2 reason they come is drugs... Who consumed them? Work in that... -3rd reason- human trafficking , go deal with your deviants...
E-verify would stop soooooo much, yet forgotten to be mentioned . Do we really want to fix the problem, or say we kept a promise
The only people who "forget to mention it" is our government. Every person who wants our immigration laws enforced say we should enforce that too.

Old 02-22-2017, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed by diseases offing the Indians.

Many of those SAME diseases killed millions of Europeans IN Europe before 1492. Word was the Great Plagues helped out the serfs who lived on by forcing the lords to start treating their help a whole lot better.

It is what it is and means nada today except for history.
This is true, and was accomplished because there was a labor shortage. Imagine what people's wages here would be if there wasn't too many people competing for jobs.

Last edited by katygirl68; 02-22-2017 at 07:36 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 07:25 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sapphire1 View Post
It's very simple, isn't it?
But yet, people continue to bicker over this.

I come from an old New England line, whom have been in the US for a few hundred years; and believe it or not, on a Facebook news page in the comments section, I had someone tell me that I'm an illegal alien and I need to GO BACK to Europe.
I def put a LOT of those fools in their place when I remind then of what many American Indian tribes did to each other. But those "you're an illegal alien cause you come from Europe" bit HATE the truth. Especially since most of those haters are part white themselves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies