Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 11:47 PM

4,660 posts, read 4,119,151 times

Advertisements

[quote=Howest2008;47255432]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post

All of that just means that the Republicans are going to fall flat on theirs faces in about two to four years...
Actually, they are univerally expected to pick up Senate seats in two years, and given that they have owned the House for all but two years of since 94, I would not hold my breath on that one either.

You are facing a real structural shift here, and you don't get it. The Democrat party has really alienated whites at time when minorities are slowly but very legitimately starting to peel off due to intermarraige with whites, differences on key issues, and plain fatigue at constantly having to pretend to a racism that just isn't there. The real story of Donald Trump is that he did better with minorites than Romney or McCain--only slightly so, but in a cycle in which minorities were suppossed to turn out in record numbers to decry and oppose his "racism."

That is a structural shift. Next time out, when 10% of blacks and 39% of Asians and Latinos vote Republican, the Dems are going to come to understand that identity politics is over, and they really haven't got anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 11:51 PM

34,045 posts, read 17,056,322 times
[quote=cachibatches;47255457]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howest2008 View Post

Actually, they are univerally expected to pick up Senate seats in two years, and given that they have owned the House for all but two years of since 94, I would not hold my breath on that one either.

You are facing a real structural shift here, and you don't get it. The Democrat party has really alienated whites at time when minorities are slowly but very legitimately starting to peel off due to intermarraige with whites, differences on key issues, and plain fatigue at constantly having to pretend to a racism that just isn't there. The real story of Donald Trump is that he did better with minorites than Romney or McCain--only slightly so, but in a cycle in which minorities were suppossed to turn out in record numbers to decry and oppose his "racism."

That is a structural shift. Next time out, when 10% of blacks and 39% of Asians and Latinos vote Republican, the Dems are going to come to understand that identity politics is over, and they really haven't got anything else.

Bingo. As minorities do better economically, they move away from the Democratic plantation mentality.

The Democrats today treat them in a condescending manner. I hope that changes.

Old 02-19-2017, 11:53 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,340,890 times
[quote=cachibatches;47255457]
Quote:

Yeah but Trump didn't answer a question about anti-semitism properly so maybe he will lose a lot of votes. And he likes KFC which is unpresidential.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:29 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,374,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. I don't care that Hilary, the candidate I voted for, lost the election. I care that Trump won the election and I care because it is patently obvious that he is totally incompetent. Even he knows he's incompetent. How do I know that he knows it? Because when he should be blocking out the remarks of the naysayers such as us and getting down to the business of running the country, he holds another rally so he can bask in the spotlight and attention of his adoring fans.

It had nothing to do with informing anyone of anything but returning to a tried-and-true tactic that works for him because he doesn't know what to do next. He doesn't have a clue about how to be president and has surrounded himself with a largely inexperienced staff who can't help him figure it out either. And he has fired or is firing the experienced people in his relentless pursuit of hiring only admiring equally clueless Trumpbots who won't help him understand his actual job, but will fawn and bask in the warm orange glow of everything he says.

Trump is doing exactly what he should be doing.

Instead of caving to the pressure brought about by establishment political whores, he is taking his case directly to the voters.

It's really brilliant.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:34 AM

1,438 posts, read 779,113 times
[quote=BobNJ1960;47255474]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cachibatches View Post

Bingo. As minorities do better economically, they move away from the Democratic plantation mentality.

The Democrats today treat them in a condescending manner. I hope that changes.
That's not true at all. Asians used to vote overwhelmingly Republican and now they vote overwhelmingly Democratic. And they're the most the successful ethnic minority group in the US and have the highest IQs. They voted more for Clinton than they did for Obama. Stop the fake news.

http://fusion.net/story/368617/exit-...pported-trump/\

http://www.npr.org/2016/10/09/497292...merican-voters

http://prospect.org/article/how-asia...me-democrats-0

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/asian-am...toward-n684716

Fueled By Young Voters, Asian-Americans Increasingly Identify As Democrats : NPR

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...-americans-and

Last edited by GABESTA535; 02-20-2017 at 12:53 AM..

Old 02-20-2017, 07:00 AM

[quote=GABESTA535;47255587]
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post

That's not true at all. Asians used to vote overwhelmingly Republican and now they vote overwhelmingly Democratic. And they're the most the successful ethnic minority group in the US and have the highest IQs. They voted more for Clinton than they did for Obama. Stop the fake news.

Thanks for proving me correct. I am talking inner city, haven't lived the American dream population. It is easy not to be condescending to the extremely well-educated Asians, who mimic the Upper West Side mindset. No one is condescending towards the successful.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:13 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
This is for everyone information I am a moderate not a liberal or conservative ...

And for everybody information this country the United States of America swing from (Dem) to (Rep) every (8) to (4 ) years ....

What's happening today is not that difference from what had been happening for the last 300 years!!!
I'm a left-leaning moderate and this is exactly what happens.

I have never understood people on far sides of the poles who don't see that this just happens every 4-8 years.

I know people here think I'm a raging liberal because I think Trump is a troglodyte, but I really do not have it out for the Republicans.

I just do not think of him as a Republican, frankly. Just a slimy, opportunistic type.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:14 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
Trump is doing exactly what he should be doing.

Instead of caving to the pressure brought about by establishment political whores, he is taking his case directly to the voters.

It's really brilliant.
While I do not think anything he does is "brilliant," it is effective.

He knows his audience.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
While I do not think anything he does is "brilliant," it is effective.

He knows his audience.

It is brilliant as he understands the media lost credibility nationally, in some polls, seen as less noble an occupation than used car salesmen.

So seizing that moment is brilliant.

Old 02-20-2017, 07:34 AM

6,588 posts, read 17,549,639 times
If you look at the threads in this forum, I see more conservative threads that are condescending and rude.

What liberals keep saying and demonstrating is that this presidency, this situation, is different from any other. It's putting American ideals and the checks and balances of the Constitution in grave danger. I didn't like either one of the Bush presidents, but I just rolled my eyes and accepted their wins, because I knew they still wanted what is best for the country. I have no such assurance that Trump feels the same way. All I see is a bumbling idiot who'd rather still be campaigning than actually be a president.

Last edited by SandyCo; 02-20-2017 at 07:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies