Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:33 PM

2,544 posts, read 2,737,099 times

Advertisements

Just showing who they really are.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 07:41 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,011,473 times
Well they use the politics of ridicule. It always backfires because no one wants to be talked down or made to look like a fool even if they're wrong. They could just be misinformed but the younger more identity politics oriented left seems to revel in lecturing old people to use proper pronouns.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:44 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Well they use the politics of ridicule. It always backfires because no one wants to be talked down or made to look like a fool even if they're wrong. They could just be misinformed but the younger more identity politics oriented left seems to revel in lecturing old people to use proper pronouns.
Yes, never refer to a transgender as an "it".

Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,947,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. I don't care that Hilary, the candidate I voted for, lost the election. I care that Trump won the election and I care because it is patently obvious that he is totally incompetent. Even he knows he's incompetent. How do I know that he knows it? Because when he should be blocking out the remarks of the naysayers such as us and getting down to the business of running the country, he holds another rally so he can bask in the spotlight and attention of his adoring fans.

It had nothing to do with informing anyone of anything but returning to a tried-and-true tactic that works for him because he doesn't know what to do next. He doesn't have a clue about how to be president and has surrounded himself with a largely inexperienced staff who can't help him figure it out either. And he has fired or is firing the experienced people in his relentless pursuit of hiring only admiring equally clueless Trumpbots who won't help him understand his actual job, but will fawn and bask in the warm orange glow of everything he says.
Wow.....have you been living under a rock? Trump has BEEN running the country. He has accomplished more in the one month he has been in office than his predecessors have done in a year. Of course, if you listen to the negative media, he is in constant turmoil, with nothing getting done. I'm not going to list all the things he has accomplished, because I know it would fall upon deaf ears.

I'd much rather a president who surrounds himself with successful people than one who surrounded himself with "Obamabots" whose only qualification was that they were minorities, LGBTQRST or something in between male or female, or suckups who donated a pile of money during his campaign.

I'm glad he held that rally. With all the hateful negative lies that have been spewed by the left, it was important that his supporters could be there for him, and vice versa.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:02 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I have noticed that liberals are pretending that they were the winners of the latest elections.

I guess they are denial, because look who won. Republicans, Republicans, Republicans and more Republicans.

They are bashing whites who didn't graduate from universities with lots of debt and work in cyclical sectors.

I can't wait till the liberals denial turns to shock for them when they find that this still a country of overwhelmingly conservative values unlike what the leftists think.

Many of them are pretending that they won the elections with their smug elitest mentality of cable networks.

They are really bashing the heartland, Appalachia, southerners and people on the plains like never before.

I love the stories bashing people from middle-America when the quality of life in much of middle-America is much better for the average worker then the big cities on the liberal coasts.

Everyday the liberal media floods their websites with garbage trashing people who live in the Midwest and South just because they are sour that the Midwest and South have far more electoral votes then the coasts.

The Trump America which is middle-America has a massive-middle class and is not overwhelmed with people crowded like sardines like certain liberal cities.
And yet we crushed Trump's Big Tough man Muslim ban in no time at all. So much so, that Trump ran off and did not carry on his "see you in court".. (what a loser trump is, he talks big and folds fast, first china kicked his sorry butt and then WA and MI)

If you guys think we have no power, ask yourself what happened to Trump's instant ACA repeal... hmmm, no answer? trump claimed he would have it repealed day one! ... well we are a month in and now he says he no longer knows....

So far all trump has done is screw over the poor fly over voters who tipped him over the scales... FCC rolled back to let v T ATT Comcast rip you off all over again ...FTC now owned by Goldman Sachs, another win. Fiduciary rule buried . Consumer owned cablebox DOA, rural subsidy for broadband GONE. (they actually targeted you guys on that one) de vos about to voucher your schools to death. Defended by voucher , ouch that is going to hurt.

All the tax breaks are going to us wealthy coasters, you fly kids will get nothing , he even told you up front, yet still you voted for him. Oh and if you doubt me, why not look it up , trump very nicely laid out his plan tax plan and it is pretty bleak unless you make a lot of money...

Are you loving it OP? You voted for it and you are getting it, only "it" is not what you thought it would be...

Old 02-21-2017, 08:03 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,120,116 times
We are just going to watch the world burn. You so-called conservatives elected a billionaire with narcissistic personality disorder. Putin will own him, or we will have WWIII. Unless he is impeached for mental defects. He has a personality disorder that renders him an emotional two-year-old.

And he thinks it's a good idea to let his club members take pictures with the nuke box. You people. I guess you really are this stupid. I guess you don't care about your children. They would like clear skies and clean streams. But you just want to be serfs to the royalty. Go ahead and suck down poison to make sure master drinks from a golden cup.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I'll go you one further. I voted for both Bush presidents (well, not Jr for the 2nd term because I was dissatisfied with what I saw the first term).

I am in independent.

I did roll my eyes a great deal at Jr. He disappointed me in a variety of ways. But, I didn't ever doubt that he WANTED to be a good president and to represent all Americans.

He never referred to the press as the "enemy" or to those who didn't approve of him as "the enemy" or "haters."

Good grief, where are the manners in the office now?
Snap I too voted bush the first time but not the second, although my voted does not matter as live in WA which has not gone red since Reagan ...

Old 02-21-2017, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
We are just going to watch the world burn. You so-called conservatives elected a billionaire with narcissistic personality disorder. Putin will own him, or we will have WWIII. Unless he is impeached for mental defects. He has a personality disorder that renders him an emotional two-year-old.

And he thinks it's a good idea to let his club members take pictures with the nuke box. You people. I guess you really are this stupid. I guess you don't care about your children. They would like clear skies and clean streams. But you just want to be serfs to the royalty. Go ahead and suck down poison to make sure master drinks from a golden cup.
It is crazy to see the right wingers cheering on Trump's disgusting attack on the environment. And what is worse they don't seem to grasp that none of it will be allowed in the solid blue states. Our state laws supersede federal and thus the rivers that are fouled, the water tables that are filled with toxins they will mostly be found in poor red states that are struggling as it is. Here in WA we will continue to protect our endless forests, rivers and wildlife. Trump lacks the power , state law comes first for many of the nations laws.

Old 02-21-2017, 10:10 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,889,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
It is crazy to see the right wingers cheering on Trump's disgusting attack on the environment. And what is worse they don't seem to grasp that none of it will be allowed in the solid blue states. Our state laws supersede federal and thus the rivers that are fouled, the water tables that are filled with toxins they will mostly be found in poor red states that are struggling as it is. Here in WA we will continue to protect our endless forests, rivers and wildlife. Trump lacks the power , state law comes first for many of the nations laws.
Hell, even us red staters will protect our waterways without need of the heavy arm of the federal government.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:54 AM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
What you're seeing is the death-throws of an ideology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies