Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 11:58 PM

1,188 posts, read 958,757 times

Advertisements

As a Trump supporter, that is my critique of his presidency so far. He's creating a flurry of activity, Tweets, pictures of meetings with foreign leaders, etc., but there are no actionable items he is actually determined to complete. It's not unreasonable to suspect that Trump is still watching Celebrity Apprentice re-runs for 6 hrs per day and the idea that he's getting so many things done is just a well-crafted facade.

I think he should focus on his vision of lowering the corporate income tax rate to 20%. Wasn't he supposed to be a great negotiator? He should negotiate with Congress a plan that gets the corporate tax rate to 20%. Then he has a real accomplishment he can point to, and Americans will see/feel the positive effects of it when business starts booming. Sure, the stock market has already surged to record levels, but remember that the stock market is forward thinking. It's already had priced into it the assumption that we're going to have massive tax reduction and deregulation under Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 12:07 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,414,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
As a Trump supporter, that is my critique of his presidency so far. He's creating a flurry of activity, Tweets, pictures of meetings with foreign leaders, etc., but there are no actionable items he is actually determined to complete. It's not unreasonable to suspect that Trump is still watching Celebrity Apprentice re-runs for 6 hrs per day and the idea that he's getting so many things done is just a well-crafted facade.

I think he should focus on his vision of lowering the corporate income tax rate to 20%. Wasn't he supposed to be a great negotiator? He should negotiate with Congress a plan that gets the corporate tax rate to 20%. Then he has a real accomplishment he can point to, and Americans will see/feel the positive effects of it when business starts booming. Sure, the stock market has already surged to record levels, but remember that the stock market is forward thinking. It's already had priced into it the assumption that we're going to have massive tax reduction and deregulation under Trump.
Yeah, placing a greater tax burden on the working/middle class will totally get the economy booming.

The boom will be felt in the Cayman Islands. That's pretty much it.

As for Trump focusing, lol. A 3rd grader who just drank a 2 liter of Coke has a better attention span than that nitwit.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:06 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,481,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
As a Trump supporter....I think he should focus
Trump is incapable of focusing on anything except his ego.

Get used to it because it's not going to change.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:09 AM

351 posts, read 320,989 times
He is a fake, a fraud.

Day by day his lying promises are exposed.

Other than signing his name on meaningless EO's, he's gotten NOTHING done in Congress.

He is becoming toxic to R's in Congress. They no longer want to be associated with him. They will not risk their necks for him, they never liked him.

The only solution is for Pence to take over...at least for now, the R's in Congress WILL support Pence.

But the longer this fool is in the WH, the more likely even Pence is tainted.

Time for his supporters to pivot to Pence.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:10 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,107,325 times
I don't think we should expect Trump to tell "all" like Obama did. What is going on behind the Walls of the WH doesn't need to be shown or broadcast to the world thus giving everyone a heads up when it comes to combating it including those that would do us harm.

Having voted for Trump because I trusted that he had the best interest of our country at heart, I don't sweat the small stuff. I understand where he is coming from and where he will go with it.

Trump is a patriotic American citizen, like myself, and we are tired of being the doormat to the rest of the world. Anyone or any country that is a doormat, isn't the best they can be. Just let him do his thing, and we'll be fine.

Sad that so many refuse to give him a chance and throw their terrible twos tantrums, must be burning up excess funding from the failed Clinton campaign. Watching the Democratic party self-destruct just like their failed candidate!

Trump hasn't even been POTUS for 2 months of the 8 years that he will serve, plenty of time to get it all covered and Pence can continue to do the repairs after Trump serves his 8 years! Getting it done, making America great again!!! I remember what we were and I have watched what we have become.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Obama left him such a mess it's hard to figure out where to start .

He seems to be making pretty good progress far considering he has been in office just one month .

Old 02-20-2017, 08:11 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,484 times
I have respect for OP that he can admit Trump needs to get it together. We need more Trump supporters who can do that so the Dump is held accountable because their voice matters more than the Liberals voice at this point. We certainly don't need a bunch of ignorant cheerleaders who still live in Lala land. Those people are the Dump enablers and must wake up before things get worse.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:12 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,451,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by franniejacks View Post
He is a fake, a fraud.

Day by day his lying promises are exposed.

Other than signing his name on meaningless EO's, he's gotten NOTHING done in Congress.

He is becoming toxic to R's in Congress. They no longer want to be associated with him. They will not risk their necks for him, they never liked him.

The only solution is for Pence to take over...at least for now, the R's in Congress WILL support Pence.

But the longer this fool is in the WH, the more likely even Pence is tainted.

Time for his supporters to pivot to Pence.
Time for his supporters to pivot to Pence .. that's funny .

Old 02-20-2017, 08:13 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
The 20% corp rate tax needs to be accompanied by equal reductions in corporate subsidies.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:16 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Trump needs to FOCUS

The ONLY thing he focuses on is tRump.

"I won! Biggest electoral victory since Reagan!" LIE

"I won! Biggest inauguration crowd in history. Period!" LIE

"I won! I got the popular vote, too. Well, if you don't count the 5 million illegal votes." LIE

Most Americans can see the developing pattern here.

Poor ol' Donny...

He's like the dog that caught the ambulance.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies