Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 AM

1,728 posts, read 3,125,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
How about Obama ? He was a salesman too .

"If you like your health insurance .. you can Keep it"

"We're going to make health care affordable "

He was like a used car salesman saying how great the car is and then it turns out to be a lemon .

Obama used fear mongering .. remember his "if Trump wins the KKK will be tolerated in America!!" Fear mongering lie he told ?

If he wanted to just line his pockets you don't think he could make more working on the business he built ?
Why is he turning down the salary if he wants to line his pockets ?
The 400k/yr is nothing compared to the 500k/day that is spent protecting Melania and Bannon at the Trump Tower. Did they have to stay there so the SS is using hardworking American taxpaying money to protect them? Or 3M that is spent so he can take his weekly Mar-a-lago weekend breaks?

Trump has alot of money and could also decline some of these expensive presidential perks, but did he? No, he's milking the presidency for all its worth while his sons go ahead and expand the business. Trump already said he won't do any more new deals but actions speak louder than words...

The irony in all this is that after all this is over and Trump is removed from office, his brand will be a liability rather than an asset. Wait and watch.... I will have my popcorn ready.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:33 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Talking Did the really think Trump ran to promote the Trump brand ?

It's obvious. tRump is a marketeer, not a manager.

His big bold BS is followed up by stiffing who ever works with him.

Trumplings are still in the denial stage.

I won't even bring up "tRump University." That wouldn't be fair.

Tired of winning yet?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:37 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,458,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It's obvious. tRump is a marketeer, not a manager.

His big bold BS is followed up by stiffing who ever works with him.

Trumplings are still in the denial stage.

I won't even bring up "tRump University." That wouldn't be fair.

Tired of winning yet?

If he's not doing anything towards fulfilling his campaign promises why is the left losing their minds over him and protesting?

He's no threat to their leftist ways right?...because he's just sitting on his butt and tweeting right?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:38 AM

6,262 posts, read 5,070,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post

He's a salesman. I don't fall for sales speeches. They're very obvious. Trump loves to use fear mongering to sell himself. That turns me off.

So yeah, I think Trumps's number 1 priority is to line his pockets. There is no doubt in my mind.
All politicians are salesmen. All spend their campaigns refining and defining their brand, and trying to persuade voters to buy into them instead of the other guy. It's a major part of the job description and that makes Trump no different than anyone else running for office. And he happens to be very good at it.

Many politicians use fear mongering to sell themselves, their higher candidates, and their party. "They're gonna ya'll back in chains".

Having said that, I don't know for certain "why" Trump took the step of running for the presidency. I can't get inside his head. But he appears to be working towards many of his promises related to the SC, illegals, refugees, job creation, Obamacare and the tax code. As long as he continues to work towards doing many of the things he said he would do in the campaign, the "why" doesn't matter to me.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:45 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,898,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
The 400k/yr is nothing compared to the 500k/day that is spent protecting Melania and Bannon at the Trump Tower. Did they have to stay there so the SS is using hardworking American taxpaying money to protect them? Or 3M that is spent so he can take his weekly Mar-a-lago weekend breaks?

Trump has alot of money and could also decline some of these expensive presidential perks, but did he? No, he's milking the presidency for all its worth while his sons go ahead and expand the business. Trump already said he won't do any more new deals but actions speak louder than words...

The irony in all this is that after all this is over and Trump is removed from office, his brand will be a liability rather than an asset. Wait and watch.... I will have my popcorn ready.
Understandable typo above - but it's Barron, age ten, Trump's youngest and apparently invisible-since-the-inauguration child, who lives with Melania, his mother, in NYC's Trump Tower.

I wonder if Barron has even seen his father in person since January 20. Does he get to go to Mar-a-Lago on weekends, too? If so, how does he get off the plane - we always see his parents emerging, but then it's just crew or officials. Does Barron take a separate plane?? Or does he wear a cloak of invisibility?

Invisibility must run in the family, as younger daughter Tiffany Trump has also been invisible recently. Or maybe she also has a cloak. Trump brand, of course.

(Steve) Bannon, Trump's Alt-Right "national security advisor", lives in the Oval Office, evidently.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,303,040 times
Quote:
If he's not doing anything towards fulfilling his campaign promises why is the left losing their minds over him and protesting?

He's no threat to their leftist ways right?...because he's just sitting on his butt and tweeting right?
Typical Trump supporter response:

"He is not doing XXXX, so you have no argument"

That is BS because:
1. He IS fullfilling many of his campaign promises, and people who didn't vote for him were outspoken before, and remain so after the election
2. He's doing a lot of stuff he said he wouldn't do
3. And mostly, when the currency of the POTUS is lies and fraud, it really has nothing to do with whether he is fullfilling his promises or not. Lies and fraud are an automatic disqualifier for POTUS, or at least they should be...

Old 02-20-2017, 10:01 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:

If you had something he wanted, he would cheat and ********* just as he has others, in fact he's screwing you now by placing a Wall Street Bankster in charge of the treasury and that is going back on campaign promises. Why do you defend such a failure of a human being?

Old 02-20-2017, 10:05 AM

35,699 posts, read 21,054,375 times
they are all bubble heads and smell, eat, drink, and wee- money - that simple-- they have NO idea what else to do-- this is how they were born--

Old 02-20-2017, 10:24 AM

17,077 posts, read 13,369,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
I think he ran to feed his insatiable hunger for attention.
^ This. Donald Trump has spent his life slapping his name on real estate in big gold letters, first in New York and then all over the world. And what better way to feed his giant ego than to have his name plastered on the history of the United States. Forevermore, American school children will be required to memorize his name and the dates he served in office. Honestly, just the thought of it makes me want to vomit.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:31 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times
Obviously not. He clearly said he'd give it all up and you can clearly see they've lost their brand. If he cared about that I'd think you wouldn't be hearing from him at all. He'd be busy playing ball like all the other presidents.

I think what you have, and why it's so noticeable, is a regular person and his family giving up everything to try and do something for the working class. I know, it's upsetting isn't it. That's because you've never seen it. You'll get use to it eventually.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies