Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:33 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times

Advertisements

Wow,

Even the Mexican owned blog & tabloid, the New York Times says that leftists have gone too far with their violent riots, complete derangement, name calling, you name it. It's actually helping Trump's popularity.
“The name calling from the left is crazy,” said Bryce Youngquist, 34, who works in sales for a tech start-up in Mountain View, Calif., a liberal enclave where admitting you voted for Mr. Trump is a little like saying in the 1950s that you were gay. “They are complaining that Trump calls people names, but they turned into some mean people.”
What say you?

Are Liberals Helping Trump?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:41 AM

10,724 posts, read 4,333,152 times
There is no doubt about it, 2020 will be a brilliant election for Trump, because the people who voted for him in 2016 are becoming more motivated every time the media comes up with a new fake scandal.
So Trump won't lose his 2016 supporters.
And he'll gain even more support as job growth flows.
The media are too emotionally unhinged to stop themselves from playing right into President Trump's hands.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:09 AM

14,479 posts, read 11,272,235 times
Yes, time for some introspection Dems.

It was particularly interesting that a mere 20 years ago Bill Clinton (on the floor of the Congress) railed about illegal immigration, how damaging it was and how it needed to be stopped. Now, Trump is Beelzebub for having the same platform.

You've lost the middle and it'll get worse the more you put pu--y hats on and beat people for attending speeches.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:12 AM

45,542 posts, read 27,146,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

It was particularly interesting that a mere 20 years ago Bill Clinton (on the floor of the Congress) railed about illegal immigration, how damaging it was and how it needed to be stopped. Now, Trump is Beelzebub for having the same platform.

You've lost the middle and it'll get worse the more you put pu--y hats on and beat people for attending speeches.
Add in Sen. Obama from 2005...

Old 02-20-2017, 11:52 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,600,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post

It's gonna take them getting routed completely from any power in the US Senate in 2018 for them to wake up and realize they are distancing themselves from large swaths of America.

If the GOP wins control of just one more state government, they can call for a Constitutional Convention to start changing the US Constitution. This hasn't happened in a very long time.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:04 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,224,014 times
Why do so many people just uncritically accept that the NYT is a liberal propaganda machine just because Trump says it is? How much of his life was devoted to studying media and politics? They lean liberal, sure, but but aside from the mishandled election, something that bothered the "leftists" voting for the other Democratic candidate, how unfair is the NYT really? Yeah, they're critical of Trump. It's their job. Really, they should have been critical of Obama and should be tearing a hole into Paul Ryan. Media's flawed, but not in the way Trump and his cattle seem to "think."

As for the article, it's claim is entirely reasonable. People don't know how to do politics anymore. Many people intuitively no that something about Trump is unsettling but are wholly unprepared to really delve into why, let alone explain it to others. So forget having a conversation about it. Naturally, the current state of the Democratic party is no more unhealthy than that of the Republican party. The Republican party just wields more power so it's scarier.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:07 PM

5,847 posts, read 6,178,314 times
Yup. Completely agree with the sentiment expressed in the article. I am a Republican (but did not vote for Trump). All day, every day, my social media feed is full of name calling and angry comments from Liberal friends trying to goad people into arguments. I'm sick and tired of everyone trying to paint all Republicans (not just those who voted for Trump) as racist, homophobic bigots (and Republican women getting it worst of all).

The day before the election, I would have described myself as a progressive Republican (what some might call a RINO). Now, I consider myself a moderate Republican, and if all this inability to find common ground goes on, I might continue to move towards the Right.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:11 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,553,800 times
Democrats have 98.4% of chance winning the White House in 2020.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:15 PM

17,002 posts, read 12,582,011 times
Was a republican. Changed to Ind because of the Tea Party mentality. I have sympathy for that Walmart worker they look down on.

It did not make me a Democrat. I still dont have much sympathy for the couch potato.

Old 02-20-2017, 12:17 PM

4,902 posts, read 4,212,326 times
I would like to be old fashioned Middle of the Road. Unfortunately with the constant hate being spewed from the leftists and their media I am being turned against them. The nightly network news has been turned into a half hour political rant. I find myself changing channels and watching show I would not have considered before just to get away from the hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies