Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2017, 06:39 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hey, Obama got a new job on that private island as that billionaire's new cabana boy, more power to him. He's a better fit at that than he ever was as POTUS. Let him alone, forget about him.
Richard Branson is well known for his philanthropy. Barack and Michelle have begun building a charitable foundation. I'm sure those two facts are not at all related to this trip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 06:40 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,292,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Didn't the Obama Labor Department force companies pay overtime to even salaried employees, may be managers?
No, unfortunately, that never came to pass. Yay for forced slave labor!!!

Old 02-21-2017, 06:48 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
I'm wondering why he is taking so many vacations when he has only been in office for a month.

And I do think it is hypocritical on the part of the right wingers.

I personally do feel that it is important to protect the Presidents and their family. They are high profile targets. But I also don't get why Trump needs to go to Florida every weekend. It is unnecessary. He can entertain at the White House and I'm sure they have some decent golf courses in metro DC that he can go to in order to get his practice in.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:51 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,816,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
When he exceeds 100 million in 8 years or 50 million in 4 I'll start bitching.
LOL, he has spent 10 million in a month....

He is on pace to exceed 50 million this year - ONE year!

Yet you are not bitching.

IMO it is just political silliness from the right. You complained about Obama, who spent $10 million a year while in office, but your guy meets Obama's annual budget in a month, and you are fine with it

Old 02-21-2017, 07:07 AM

51,649 posts, read 25,796,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm wondering why he is taking so many vacations when he has only been in office for a month.

And I do think it is hypocritical on the part of the right wingers.

I personally do feel that it is important to protect the Presidents and their family. They are high profile targets. But I also don't get why Trump needs to go to Florida every weekend. It is unnecessary. He can entertain at the White House and I'm sure they have some decent golf courses in metro DC that he can go to in order to get his practice in.
I suspect Trump goes to Mar-a-Lago every weekend for several reasons. Among them:

1) As an ego boost. I doubt WH staff stand and clap every time he enters the room.

2) To market Mar-a-Lago and increase cash flow. Trump just doubled membership fees. I imagine restaurant reservations are up as well. Who wouldn't want to see a national security crisis meeting going on at the next table.

3) To make it easier to meet casually with those that would raise suspicions and bring increased scrutiny in Washington DC and NYC. The only vetting required of members is the $200K fee, and many of the wait staff are foreigners on work visas.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:08 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDnurse View Post
Playing 18 holes of golf is playing golf. Period.

He needs to work at the WH. That's his office. Each trip to Mar a Lago costs 3 million.

Four interviews on a long weekend? Oh booiiii!
What about all his staff members and support? What is the cost of flying them
back and forth every week-end? The cost of housing them?
Can you guys imagine the chaos these employees live with?
They have families that probably live in DC yet have to be on the road every week-end.
Back and froth, back and forth.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:15 AM

6,131 posts, read 7,983,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
If you count your weekends as vacation time, Trump should too. If anything, he should charge the treasury for overtime
Pretty sure the president would be considered an exempt employee, and thus not entitled to overtime.

I certainly don't get any when I work weekends.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:19 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
In 4 weeks Trump has played more golf, taken more vacations, and cost more in vacations, than Obama did in one yer.
Trump is their lord and savior, so it's ok when he does it. These people are sick, cult worshipping hypocrites.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:22 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,769,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Well yeah, send the Trump family to DC.
DC voted against Trump by an enormous margin. 90% of DC voted for Hillary. 4% voted for Trump. Probably part of the reason he's never here. This city absolutely despises him. Unlike Obama and Michelle who went out to dinner, or the local gym, Trump can't walk out the front door without crowds of protesters.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:43 AM

6,205 posts, read 7,457,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
In 4 weeks Trump has played more golf, taken more vacations, and cost more in vacations, than Obama did in one yer.
Yes, but in his case it may be a blessing.
He could have stayed at the White House issuing Exec Orders...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies