Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 06:29 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,473,858 times

Advertisements

I think the biggest resistance is the newly formed group called "Indivisible". There are news articles comparing them to the tea party resistance that occurred a few years back for the Republicans. Anyone remember the Tea party protesters with the tea bags hanging from their hats?

This new Indivisible group is slightly different because it welcomes people of all parties. They aren't as much party centric as they are mesage centric. They also seemed to have formed and spread into red states a lot faster than even the Tea Party spread. It's pure a grassroots movement.

I was surprised to find several local "Indivisible" groups already formed in my area which isa red part of a purple state (Florida). They even have a web site where people can find local groups in their area (by zip code). https://www.indivisibleguide.com/local-action-groups/

I don't think the Tea party was this organized so early in their formation. It will be interesting to watch how the new grass roots movement of Indivisable to see what kind of impact they make. Right now they are forming and organizing and starting to take their message to US Representatives and US Senate. Let's see if they start getting involved in picking candidates like the Tea Party did.

The Tea Party is who propelled Marco Rubio to his first Senate win. I think Paul Ryan was elected as part of the Tea Party revolution too. This gives you an idea how powerful a movement can be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 06:40 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,721,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
I think the biggest resistance is the newly formed group called "Indivisible". There are news articles comparing them to the tea party resistance that occurred a few years back for the Republicans. Anyone remember the Tea party protesters with the tea bags hanging from their hats?

This new Indivisible group is slightly different because it welcomes people of all parties. They aren't as much party centric as they are mesage centric. They also seemed to have formed and spread into red states a lot faster than even the Tea Party spread. It's pure a grassroots movement.

I was surprised to find several local "Indivisible" groups already formed in my area which isa red part of a purple state (Florida). They even have a web site where people can find local groups in their area (by zip code). https://www.indivisibleguide.com/local-action-groups/

I don't think the Tea party was this organized so early in their formation. It will be interesting to watch how the new grass roots movement of Indivisable to see what kind of impact they make. Right now they are forming and organizing and starting to take their message to US Representatives and US Senate. Let's see if they start getting involved in picking candidates like the Tea Party did.

The Tea Party is who propelled Marco Rubio to his first Senate win. I think Paul Ryan was elected as part of the Tea Party revolution too. This gives you an idea how powerful a movement can be.
That's no "resistance" A good resistance group won't have a website and operates with smaller "cells"
Those invisible jack-wagons could learn something about opsec

Old 02-21-2017, 06:44 AM

52,433 posts, read 26,603,454 times
This is the Trump Resistance yesterday in very Blue Charlotte. in the Battleground state of NC.

'Not My Presidents Day' rallies take place across U.S. - Story | WJZY

Old 02-21-2017, 06:47 AM

25,939 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The Atlantic lol. What, are lefties French now- "le resistance"
Darn it, you beat me to it. "The Atlantic"

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Your article even say this is democrats in red states. LoL

Trump has massive support among those that voted for him, they are loving how Trump is delivering on his campaign promises.
Yes, we are very pleased with Trump! I just heard he is going to hire 10,000 new ICE employees!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
Let's face it Trump is a Democrat turned Republican. The Red states weren't all for Trump.
You have to remember Trump is only about big money....
Trump is the President of the United States. He saw, just as his supporters, that the USA was being flushed down the toilet by the globalism being promoted by the Democratic Party and some of the Republicans. Globalism is an enemy to our country and our people.

Old 02-21-2017, 06:56 AM

22,974 posts, read 26,996,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is the Trump Resistance yesterday in very Blue Charlotte. in the Battleground state of NC.

'Not My Presidents Day' rallies take place across U.S. - Story | WJZY
Ohhhhhh myyyyyy...... HUUUUUUUGE protest that'll surely scare people into action...
Quote:
With signs in hand, several dozen people spent their Presidents' Day holiday speaking out against President Trump

Old 02-21-2017, 07:00 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,749,701 times
https://www.facebook.com/theconserva...5989739208406/

Old 02-21-2017, 07:30 AM

15,706 posts, read 11,767,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
The Atlantic lol. What, are lefties French now- "le resistance"
The Atlantic is a well respected publication. What would you prefer, Breitbart for your unbiased news?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies