Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 09:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,460,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Here's the whole mental illness that stems from the left...

You were born with an inboard or outboard system. That makes you a boy/girl.
However in a screwed up mind... You can identify as a woman even though twig and berries dangle between your legs...

Well if that's the case. I'm a 29 year old who identifies as a 65 year old. Give me that social security and give me the senior discounts now. It's what I identify as and you must cater to me for what I identify as... Otherwise your a Phobocisticismist.

Gender neutral bathroom...Tranny friendly sports... Why would anyone cater to this crap?
Boy, I just love strawman arguments. It's so easy to just compare something you don't like to something stupid rather than actually having an adult conversation with actual merits. And I notice it is usually those on the right who prefer strawmen or ad hominem to real debates
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 09:47 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,463,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Boy, I just love strawman arguments. It's so easy to just compare something you don't like to something stupid rather than actually having an adult conversation with actual merits. And I notice it is usually those on the right who prefer strawmen or ad hominem to real debates
And what merits does one need to express something they don't agree with? Hmm? You seem to be the expert enlighten me.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:50 PM

Quote:
And what merits does one need to express something they don't agree with? Hmm? You seem to be the expert enlighten me.
You can simply say you don't like it. Much more honest than strawmanning

Old 02-20-2017, 09:52 PM

2,294 posts, read 2,646,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
There have been no reported incidents of a trans person attacking a woman in a bathroom.
They just don't want men who identify as a woman to be able to go into a bathroom with females, even though the odds of that person assaulting a female in that situation is essentially nil.

Not only that, but men who are sexual predators are statistically more likely to prey on young boys, and these "bathroom bill" proponents have NO PROBLEM with grown men going into the same bathroom as young boys.

Why is that?

Why is it OK for us to let men who are much more likely to be "sexual predators" of young boys into bathrooms with young boys?

Old 02-20-2017, 09:56 PM

Quote:
You can simply say you don't like it. Much more honest than strawmanning
No it's really quite the same...
You were born male or female. That's what you are. Identifying as something else... Again would be me saying I identify as a 65 year old. Give me social security and senior discounts. It really is the same thing. I am identifying as something I'm not, correct? But it's ok if I were to claim I'm a chick and dress like one and that's not the same? Ahh I get it... Social Justice Warrior triggered...

It becomes "strawman" when you can't combat it.
It'll be okay I'm sure Target has a gender neutral bathroom you can wipe your tears away in.

Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 PM

45,311 posts, read 26,823,113 times
Quote:
What is a "true" Trans-person?

And let's be real, most people like to go to the bathroom to do their business and get out. If someone hypothetically wanted to attack women in bathrooms, a little sign with a woman isn't going to stop them from going in.
In other words, someone faking it just to be a perv and cause trouble.

Or someone who does this... Quarryville man accused of using phone to look at 10-year-old girl in Sheetz restroom

Old 02-20-2017, 09:57 PM

18,516 posts, read 7,271,095 times
Quote:
There have been no reported incidents of a trans person attacking a woman in a bathroom.
No one is concerned about "trans persons" attacking women in bathrooms. People are concerned about women and girls feeling uncomfortable and threatened, and they are concerned about fake "trans persons" attacking women in bathrooms. You know, men who are not transgender entering the women's bathroom with the knowledge that they can just claim to be transgender if anyone complains.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:01 PM

Quote:
No it's really quite the same...
You were born male or female. That's what you are. Identifying as something else... Again would be me saying I identify as a 65 year old. Give me social security and senior discounts. It really is the same thing. I am identifying as something I'm not, correct? But it's ok if I were to claim I'm a chick and dress like one and that's not the same? Ahh I get it... Social Justice Warrior triggered...

It becomes "strawman" when you can't combat it.
It'll be okay I'm sure Target has a gender neutral bathroom you can wipe your tears away in.
It's not the same. If you ever asked a psychiatrist, you would know that. :I

And your comparison is a strawman. A strawman argument is where you compare something you are debating to something totally different that is easy to poke holes in, and use that to then try to poke holes in what you are debating.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:08 PM

Quote:
It's not the same. If you ever asked a psychiatrist, you would know that. :I

And your comparison is a strawman. A strawman argument is where you compare something you are debating to something totally different that is easy to poke holes in, and use that to then try to poke holes in what you are debating.
Oh I'm so oppressed you won't let me identify as a senior citizen but will let me identify as a chick...
I'm going to go write Shillary Clinton and donate some bail money to represent me... Because you and others like you are oppressive and won't let me identify as what I want to

Old 02-20-2017, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Oh I'm so oppressed you won't let me identify as a senior citizen but will let me identify as a chick...
I'm going to go write Shillary Clinton and donate some bail money to represent me... Because you and others like you are oppressive and won't let me identify as what I want to

Whatever floats your boat 🤔
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies