Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-20-2017, 08:20 PM

20,094 posts, read 8,995,406 times

Advertisements

I wonder if Hillary will run again in 2024?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2017, 08:20 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
Republicans blame rich coastal elites for all that is wrong with this country.........so they elect a rich, coastal elite as President to fix that.
This^

Donald Trump doesnt know their struggle-in fact, he's made the struggle worse for lots of people over the years.

What irony.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:21 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
Even more true in the South than the heartland. Of the Southern states, the ONLY one the Democrats have flipped is Virginia, and that is only due to Yankee transplants and illegal aliens in the DC area, and why they promote illegal immigration so much. But the Virginia state legislature is actually controlled by Republicans because of the rural areas, including the rural southwest part that depends on coal, which Obama has promised to destroy, and Hillary too.

Georgia, NC, Florida ALL voted for Trump. West Virginia is now permanently a Red State on the national level and while the governor is a Democrat, both houses of our state legislature are controlled by the Republicans and a simple majority is enough to override the governor. For this reason we passed more pro-life laws and more right to work laws last year. We are finding a way to finally force Planned Parenthood out and to close the last few abortion clinics in the state and to undo the damage of Obamacare, and to support our coal miners and natural gas workers.

However while the Democrats have few inroads in the South, Trump has been able to take Pennsylvania, the only state north of the Mason Dixon Line to go Republican in generations. Wisconsin too.

in the west, Nevada and Colorado are only Democrat because of California transplants and illegal immigration. Everyone I know who is a native Nevadan or Coloradan resents these changes in their states. My friend who lives in the Las Vegas Valley tells me illegal alien crime is now rampant with gangs everywhere, making their way over from LA. A majority of the crime there is committed by illegal aliens. Colorado has also seen a tremendous surge in illegal alien gangs.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:23 PM

10,206 posts, read 15,910,503 times
And Trump HAS helped us. Even in working class major cities, Americans have lost their jobs to illegal aliens, and I'm glad more of them are being deported. My parents are LEGAL immigrants and if someone is illegal they need to be sent out of our nation and never allowed back. I also would NOT like to see Muslim refugees come here.

Trump has helped West Virginia already by getting the EPA to back off and new coal mining operations are starting up again, creating jobs and tax revenue. Trump also helped save many American jobs like at GM, Ford and Carrier.

All Obama has done is keep our border unsecured so illegals and drugs come, and send American jobs overseas through free trade agreements. Same with Bill Clinton. Obama and Bill are the two worst presidents in my lifetime.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:25 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
I wonder if Hillary will run again in 2024?
I doubt she will be alive.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
And Trump HAS helped us. Even in working class major cities, Americans have lost their jobs to illegal aliens, and I'm glad more of them are being deported. My parents are LEGAL immigrants and if someone is illegal they need to be sent out of our nation and never allowed back. I also would NOT like to see Muslim refugees come here.

Trump has helped West Virginia already by getting the EPA to back off and new coal mining operations are starting up again, creating jobs and tax revenue. Trump also helped save many American jobs like at GM, Ford and Carrier.

All Obama has done is keep our border unsecured so illegals and drugs come, and send American jobs overseas through free trade agreements. Same with Bill Clinton. Obama and Bill are the two worst presidents in my lifetime.
What new coal mining operations are starting up again in West Virginia? Already West Virginia has almost 10% of the state on Disability and Medicare and we pay for that. What coal mining has "started up" again exactly?

Old 02-20-2017, 08:34 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,859,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Whatever Trump does or doesn't do, I don't care. I just love that with Trump, flyover country has no one to blame for their unemployment, etc. He better find a way to give them jobs because they seem to consider education "elitist". The coasts will just keep moving forward and ignoring them. If anything, the election of Trump will serve to divide the country further because there is absolutely no motivation to work with him or the middle of the country and both sides feel equally about the other.
I just love how the liberals pretend that middle-America has no jobs, is poverty-ridden and every one lives in a trailer.

I have lived in middle-America and been to California many, many times. Middle-class Middle-America lives much, much better then people in California live at the same income level.

They won't visit Middle America and they stereotype based on fake news stories about the economically depressed cities the liberal media can find.

People in the heartland live much better then people in California live.

I was in Norwalk, California and the city was mainly tiny apartments and homes that were very outdated and it has a median house income of $60,000. The liberals living there pay $500,000 or more to live in a 1,000 square foot home in a run-down industrial area.

Compare that people to people in Bellevue, Nebraska or Utah County, Utah who live in nice, huge McMansions with spotless streets for $300,000 with incredibly low taxes.

Besides looks like many flyover metro areas have plenty of jobs.

Sioux Falls has 2.4% unemployment rate, Provo, Utah has 2.5% unemployment rate, Fargo has 2.7% unemployment rate.

Old 02-20-2017, 08:37 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,702,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
I just love how the liberals pretend that middle-America has no jobs, is poverty-ridden and every one lives in a trailer.

They won't visit Middle America and they stereotype based on fake news stories about the economically depressed cities the liberal media can find.

If California is so rich why such tiny homes there compare to the heartland, no wonder everyone is sneezing and coughing in California.

I was in Norwalk, California and the city was mainly tiny apartments and homes that were very outdated and it has a median house income of $60,000. The liberals living there pay $500,000 or more to live in a 1,000 square foot home in a run-down industrial area.

Compare that people to people in Bellevue, Nebraska or Utah County, Utah who live in nice, huge McMansions with spotless streets for $300,000 with incredibly low taxes.

Sioux Falls has 2.4% unemployment rate, Provo, Utah has 2.5% unemployment rate, Fargo has 2.7% unemployment rate.
And Seattle has 3.1%, but also has Puget Sound, whales and incredible beauty. Why would I want to go to Iowa when I have that???

Old 02-20-2017, 08:37 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post

If California is so rich why such tiny homes there compare to the heartland, no wonder everyone is sneezing and coughing in California.

Give it a rest, if you like flyover country so much, move there and stop creating these dumb threads. I mean, are you a travel agent or something? And you just can't resist bashing California. What did California ever do to you to have such an obsessive hatred for it?

Old 02-20-2017, 08:39 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
No Middle America for Dems = No More Dems as POTUS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies