Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2017, 07:47 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 17 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Wait, if it's on Breitbart it's legit - but, if it's on the MSM it's "fake news". So did these riots happen or not? I'm so confused!
The links I posted are CNBC, The Washington Post and the Daily Express (UK) and are nothing to do with Breitbart.

Overnight riots in predominately immigrant Stockholm suburb - CNBC

Riots erupt in Sweden’s capital just days after Trump comments - Washington Post

Sweden crisis: Police shoot rioters as violence erupts in 'no-go zone' | World | News | Express.co.uk

Donald Trump's claims about Sweden might be exaggerated but they aren't all lies - Telegraph

How Sweden became an example of how not to handle immigration - The Spectator
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2017, 07:48 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,603 times
Six cars were burned. No one injured. "Huge violent riots." Fearmongers.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 AM

12,372 posts, read 9,310,667 times
So basically, Trump got his timing wrong and announced the violence before his thugs could cause the riots in Sweden.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:54 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
I bet Trump never tires of being right, nor should he.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:55 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,376,689 times

Yes, I know. I was poking fun at the interesting logical issues some folks (not you) get themselves in when they start discounting entire organizations as "fake news".

Old 02-21-2017, 07:57 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Wait, if it's on Breitbart it's legit - but, if it's on the MSM it's "fake news". So did these riots happen or not? I'm so confused!
Use google to take your confusion into your own hands and clear it up

Bootstraps, so to speak.

Old 02-21-2017, 07:59 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,301,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southeasttexas View Post
Trump was 100% right! Sweden and much of Europe officially HIDE the news of the Muslim immigrant violence and crime wave that has infected their nations recently. Only fools would believe its not happening.
Much of the U.S. so-called "news" hides it as well, and refuses to call what is obviously "terrorism," terrorism. But this is what we can expect here if we continue to let people in whom we know nothing about, and who come from terrorist infested countries. Indeed, we have already had too many terrorist attacks here as a result. The Left hides behind statements like, "they aren't all bad." But why should we take the risk that even ONE is a jihadist?

Old 02-21-2017, 08:06 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 17 hours ago)

27,163 posts, read 13,449,232 times
Quote:
Yes, I know. I was poking fun at the interesting logical issues some folks (not you) get themselves in when they start discounting entire organizations as "fake news".

Trump seems to think that CNN and the BBC are entirely fake.

I think Trump is confusing fake with biased, both are probably biased towards the liberal left rather than being fake, whilst Fox and Breibart are blatently biased to the right.

Being slightly political biased is different to completley fake news, as in the type of news that sites like facebook have been subject to.

Old 02-21-2017, 08:07 AM

18,491 posts, read 9,157,203 times
WoW!!!

Old 02-21-2017, 08:08 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
Six cars were burned. No one injured. "Huge violent riots." Fearmongers.
so much wrong in so few words. nice job

Quote:
A photographer from Dagens Nyheter said he had been assaulted by a group of around 15 people when arriving in Rinkeby to report on the unrest.

"I was hit with a lot of punches and kicks both to my body and my head. I have spent the night in hospital," he told the newspaper.

At around 10.20pm police said that there had been a second violent riot, with seven to eight cars set on fire. An hour later they said that some stores in the area had been looted, although there were no reports on the extent of the looting.

Reports have been filed on three violent riots, violence against a police officer, two assaults, vandalism and aggravated thefts, according to an update on the police's website.
Swedish press photographer assaulted in Rinkeby riots - The Local
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies