Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2017, 02:40 PM

1,200 posts, read 1,604,734 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Wow, people can certainly find some creative ways to explain away things they don't wish to deal with. These are the same people who like to make the claim that "Muslims want the same things you and I want." No. The don't. Their culture is entirely different. They don't want what we have. They don't want freedom, and in fact think that freedom is one of the evils of Western culture. Their values are not our values, and it's time for some of you to come out of your "safe space," and acknowledge the world around you is not Shangri-la. There are evil people in the world that want you dead.
I'm not versed in Swedish law, only stating what I was told by someone who's more familiar with it. I left a question mark for that reason.

It's also funny how you're saying that about me, when Trump supporters seem to do this every single day with any news item they don't agree with, but use the same media they call fake to back up any claims they believe in.

This is what the Swedish Rape law now says:

"A person who by assault or otherwise by violence or by threat of a criminal act forces another person to have sexual intercourse or to undertake or endure another sexual act that, having regard to the nature of the violation and the circumstances in general, is comparable to sexual intercourse, shall be sentenced for rape to imprisonment for at least two and at most six years."

As you can see the definition of rape was expanded, whether or not that has had an effect on number of cases, we don't know, but it should be considered. Considering from what I read in the rest of the article it seems that now simply touching a woman's genitals is Rape.

https://erlinghellenas.wordpress.com...dish-rape-law/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 05:21 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oberon_1 View Post
These are his exact words:

"You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden....Sweden, who would believe this? Sweden"

Yeah, what exactly happend last night in Sweden? Believe what?

Regarding the riots that broke later: US had many more riots. (Don't want to go over the long list). So do other countries. It will probably happen again. As for most Swedish people, these aren't the worst that can happen. It bothers Trump more than the Swedes. Isn't that weird?
If you go back, the accusation was that Trump spoke of a terror attack, one that never happened... Did he in fact do so?

Old 02-23-2017, 12:02 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,249,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canaan-84 View Post
I'm not versed in Swedish law, only stating what I was told by someone who's more familiar with it. I left a question mark for that reason.

It's also funny how you're saying that about me, when Trump supporters seem to do this every single day with any news item they don't agree with, but use the same media they call fake to back up any claims they believe in.

This is what the Swedish Rape law now says:

"A person who by assault or otherwise by violence or by threat of a criminal act forces another person to have sexual intercourse or to undertake or endure another sexual act that, having regard to the nature of the violation and the circumstances in general, is comparable to sexual intercourse, shall be sentenced for rape to imprisonment for at least two and at most six years."

As you can see the definition of rape was expanded, whether or not that has had an effect on number of cases, we don't know, but it should be considered. Considering from what I read in the rest of the article it seems that now simply touching a woman's genitals is Rape.

https://erlinghellenas.wordpress.com...dish-rape-law/
The change in laws had a big impact on rape levels as they changed the law also to count each act individually so a husband raping his wife 30 times in a year would be recorded as 30 separate rapes.

And yes - Trump would get charged with rape if he tried to grab anyone by the p*ssy in Sweden.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:41 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
If you go back, the accusation was that Trump spoke of a terror attack, one that never happened... Did he in fact do so?
Yeah, why don't you go back. You are wrong.

He never said anything about a terror attack. Why don't you go look at the actual quote instead of getting opinion from the corrupt MSM.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:52 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Yeah, why don't you go back. You are wrong.

He never said anything about a terror attack. Why don't you go look at the actual quote instead of getting opinion from the corrupt MSM.
I think you misunderstood my statement as I was in agreement with what you are saying. He never said anything about a terror attack as some on here (the person I was responding to) are accusing him of doing.

Old 02-23-2017, 05:54 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
I think you misunderstood my statement as I was in agreement with what you are saying. He never said anything about a terror attack as some on here are accusing him of doing.
My apologies.

As I said in the OP. Trump was proved right yet again.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:05 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,379,218 times
Quote:

"Here’s the bottom line. We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening. We’ve got to keep our country safe. You look at what’s happening in Germany, you look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden, who would believe this. Sweden. They took in large numbers [of refugees from Muslim-majority countries]. They’re having problems like they never thought possible. You look at what’s happening in Brussels. You look at what’s happening all over the world. Take a look at Nice. Take a look at Paris. We’ve allowed thousands and thousands of people into our country and there was no way to vet those people. There was no documentation. There was no nothing. So we’re going to keep our country safe."

President Trump and 'What's Happening in Sweden Last Night'

...A White House spokeswoman told reporters on Sunday that Trump had been referring generally to rising crime, not a specific incident in the Scandinavian country...

Trump baffles Sweden with crime comment, says it was based on TV report | Reuters

The problem is, at the very least, his imprecise-to-the-point-of-misleading speech. If you are referring to a general situation, you don't use specific terms like "happening last night". He didn't refer to Germany, Belgium or France in the same way that he referred to Sweden in the very same paragraph.

He, and his staff, make enough of these types of "mistakes" to raise questions about whether it is intentional or not.

Old 02-23-2017, 11:56 AM

7,068 posts, read 6,468,049 times
Be "baffled" no more, snowflakes:

Sweden Democrats: Trump was right | Fox News

Old 02-23-2017, 12:11 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,931,918 times
The United States has several times the crime rates, and any one of us could post a dozen headlines from this week's news to prove there have been murders, rapes, burglaries, cop shootings, arson, etc.

The whole idea of this thread is to prove Trump didn't make up an incident when he said to "look at what happened in Sweden last night." There's no 2 ways around it. He said in these exact words:

You look at what’s happening last night in Sweden. Sweden? Who would believe this?"

Unfortunately, rape and other violent crimes is a problem in Sweden, but the U.S. should be looking in its own backyard. Sweden is still a very safe country. There were more people shot to death in Florida alone than in the entire country of Sweden last year.

Old 02-23-2017, 12:42 PM

46,947 posts, read 25,984,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
My apologies.

As I said in the OP. Trump was proved right yet again.
Trumpistas, you are a breed apart, aren't you?

Trump: "Look at what happened last yesterday!"

<Something happens the day after>

Trumpistas: "Look at how right he was!"

Is the idea of time moving in a forward direction fake news now?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies