Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 11:57 AM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
Does the child volunteer to be killed?

I think anyone should be FORCED to deal with the consequences of their actions and their actions should only be restricted when it infringes on the liberty of another (in this case the life in their womb).
you rallied against slavery in another post but see no correlation to making a woman stay pregnant, labor and deliver against her will. amazing.

yes lets make 13 year old incest victims bear children. great idea, nice way to victimize them all over again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2017, 11:57 AM

34,620 posts, read 21,521,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
you do have reading comprehension problems. they are both human as I said several times now. the difference is one is dependent on one woman's womb and unborn. the other has been born and is being neutered by the hospital staff. try not to ignore the science of born and unborn.

answer the question should women be forced to give birth against their own will?
So, you're ok with a mother killing her baby if she feels like it.

I just wanted to make sure that was clear.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:01 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,858,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
What makes a 30 week preemie in the NICU more biologically human than the one at 39 weeks still in the womb?

Try not to ignore science on this one.
Pedro, since you are so hot about this topic, I really hope you are using birth control right? Or, better yet get a vasectomy...

If you aren't impregnating anyone, then no worries right?

I think in this world, we do not have a right to enforce OUR morality on other people--

(this has probably been said, but I reiterate:
i.e. if you don't believe in abortion - then by all means DONT HAVE ONE)

Old 02-22-2017, 12:02 PM

18,341 posts, read 18,953,457 times
Quote:
So, you're ok with a mother killing her baby if she feels like it.

I just wanted to make sure that was clear.
you refuse to answer the question now asked three times?

you assume too much and read things into my posts that are not there. I am ok with a woman's choice, not ok with infanticide or murder of a born individual.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:02 PM

36,160 posts, read 30,636,498 times
Quote:
So, you're saying if a 32 week baby is removed from the womb it will die regardless of medical care?

I'm going to have to say you're wrong if you answer that in the affirmative.
How in the name of all that is holy did you come to that conclusion?
I'm saying there is a difference in a born human's dependency on others be they infants, toddlers, children, mentally deficient, physically handicapped or elderly and a fetus's dependency on the human host. You keep referencing science, look it up.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:04 PM

25,758 posts, read 21,911,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I vote that the mother has the right to abort if it is first or second trimester no matter what. The fetus can't live without her while in the womb or out.
Actually, that isn't true. https://www.verywell.com/worlds-smal...eemies-2748663 and Survival rates for youngest preemies rouse pro-life advocates - Washington Times

So, if it is an "inconvenience" it is "fetus". A "fetus" the unborn offspring of a mammal. Despite what you may call it, "Abortion stops a beating heart."

A baby at 24 weeks: http://www.medicinenet.com/image-col...re/picture.htm

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 02-22-2017 at 12:22 PM..

Old 02-22-2017, 12:05 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,895,826 times
Quote:
you rallied against slavery in another post but see no correlation to making a woman stay pregnant, labor and deliver against her will. amazing.

yes lets make 13 year old incest victims bear children. great idea, nice way to victimize them all over again.
Did we free slaves at the cost of killing others?

You seem to have a convoluted understanding of logical process or reasoned evaluation.

Is a child in a womb a life? Yes or no?

First answer this as it can only be answered with a single correct answer. Your failure and attempt to answer in any other way than that correct answer is an admission of irrational evaluation and all discussion with you then is irrational and pointless.

So, please answer the question so I can gauge whether you are reasonable enough to even attempt a discussion with.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:07 PM

185 posts, read 168,405 times
Quote:
First trimester, no restrictions.

Second trimester, some restrictions.

Third trimester, lots of restrictions.
I think millions of Americans agree with you on this.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
Pedro, since you are so hot about this topic, I really hope you are using birth control right? Or, better yet get a vasectomy...

If you aren't impregnating anyone, then no worries right?

I think in this world, we do not have a right to enforce OUR morality on other people--

(this has probably been said, but I reiterate:
i.e. if you don't believe in abortion - then by all means DONT HAVE ONE)
I had a vasectomy.

Hmm, so you want a society we're we don't force the morality on others and we shouldn't have laws against rape. Ok. I find that horribly wrong.

Quote:
you refuse to answer the question now asked three times?

you assume too much and read things into my posts that are not there. I am ok with a woman's choice, not ok with infanticide or murder of a born individual.
Terminating a late term pregnancy is infanticide - the killing of an infant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
How in the name of all that is holy did you come to that conclusion?
I'm saying there is a difference in a born human's dependency on others be they infants, toddlers, children, mentally deficient, physically handicapped or elderly and a fetus's dependency on the human host. You keep referencing science, look it up.
A baby at 32 weeks in the womb is still a baby.

Old 02-22-2017, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karenw729 View Post
I think millions of Americans agree with you on this.
You can see that there are plenty of radicals that do not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies