Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-22-2017, 09:43 AM

2,181 posts, read 1,627,973 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chance and Change View Post
AVARICE !!!!! The history of their mentality has always been structured around "Avarice" and worshiping the wealthy.... There is no limit to what they will do to feed the gaping hole in their soul, The tool of Avarice is Greed..... nothing means anything to them except the mechanisms they can engage for the sake of self centered Greed, to feed the endless hole of Avarice that drives their very lives.
They don't respect diplomacy, they detest the premise of the Constitutions stand on equality, and they will do anything to anyone at anytime, if it advances their Greed driven Aims.

History has shown this over and over and over, and we are in the 21st Century and nothing has changed in the mechanisms of their Greed motives, and nothing over all the centuries has satisfied any aspect other than the continue drive of Avarice that is like the main reason their hearts beat and they breathe. It's like an evil sickness, that embrace every aspect of the Seven Deadly Sins.....

Review the relation yourself over history and it will not be the Seven Virtues that become apparent, but the Seven Deadly sins that continue to show the process that drives their activities and controls their conduct.

To them, Any lie will suffice if it supports Greed and feeds Avarice.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seven_deadly_sins

pride, greed, lust, envy, gluttony, wrath, and sloth,

I googled the seven deadly sins because I wasn't even sure what they are. It seems to me the far left are showing signs of at least most of the seven sins. I think the only one they may be lacking in is pride.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:43 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,957,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Compression View Post
Conservatives want everybody to have everything, first and foremost.......a functioning brain, capable of critical thought.

Everything else falls in place after that.

CN
Since you say you can think critically, maybe you will understand why a decent minimum wage is essential. If employers can legally continue paying employees $7.25/hour, they still will not be able to support themselves as single people, let alone a family, thus will still need welfare. And guess who pays their bills then? Us. And if you want to go with the next conservative argument "Just go to college," I will remind you that there are a glut of college grads who can't get jobs because everyone has a college degree, so many of those are useless anyway.

And even if the person decided to try it despite the big financial risk, how does a $7.25/hour job pay for that? The person will get Pell Grants, and guess where that money comes from? Us, via taxes. Conservatives believe they can keep every cent they earn. That is complete and utter nonsense. We will pay somehow, whether we like it or not. We might as well pay taxes in a way that gives poor people an incentive to want to keep working, rather than an incentive to quit that crappy paying job, and it also gives them a way to pay most if not all of their bills themselves.

Old 02-22-2017, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Since you say you can think critically, maybe you will understand why a decent minimum wage is essential. If employers can legally continue paying employees $7.25/hour, they still will not be able to support themselves as single people, let alone a family, thus will still need welfare. And guess who pays their bills then? Us. And if you want to go with the next conservative argument "Just go to college," I will remind you that there are a glut of college grads who can't get jobs because everyone has a college degree, so many of those are useless anyway.

And even if the person decided to try it despite the big financial risk, how does a $7.25/hour job pay for that? The person will get Pell Grants, and guess where that money comes from? Us, via taxes. Conservatives believe they can keep every cent they earn. That is complete and utter nonsense. We will pay somehow, whether we like it or not. We might as well pay taxes in a way that gives poor people an incentive to want to keep working, rather than an incentive to quit that crappy paying job, and it also gives them a way to pay most if not all of their bills themselves.
So, you think a 15 year old with a summer job should be paid 15 bucks an hour right out of the gate? You do realize that if this were a law there are some nice things that will likely go away because employers can't afford to stay in business?

Old 02-22-2017, 09:52 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post

Yeah, a person right out high school may get $7.25 an hour, but nothing keeps them there.

If yore 25-years-old and still getting $7.25, the minimum wage law is not your problem.

http://m.imgur.com/GGe0RWq?r

Old 02-22-2017, 09:59 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
redistribution of wealth
Otherwise known as THEFT!

Old 02-22-2017, 10:01 AM

The OP claims to have answered questions that he never did answer.

I asked how the free college thing is suppose to work and never got an answer. So I'll try again. How much free should someone get? As much as it takes to get through it if someone parties their way through it and fails and has to try again? What would be required of those getting this stuff free? Would it be like food stamps where you can buy crap with them and you can make sure you get them for years if you know how to play the system, or does this free college idea have limits on how much or how well you have to do? Would I be paying for someones degree in underwater basket weaving? Can someone go back to school at age 70 and we pay for that?

Old 02-22-2017, 10:12 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado^ View Post
Otherwise known as THEFT!
It's not theft, without taxation, there is no government and would probably result in Somalia like conditions.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
The OP claims to have answered questions that he never did answer.

I asked how the free college thing is suppose to work and never got an answer. So I'll try again. How much free should someone get? As much as it takes to get through it if someone parties their way through it and fails and has to try again? What would be required of those getting this stuff free? Would it be like food stamps where you can buy crap with them and you can make sure you get them for years if you know how to play the system, or does this free college idea have limits on how much or how well you have to do? Would I be paying for someones degree in underwater basket weaving? Can someone go back to school at age 70 and we pay for that?
The "free college" would probably be similar to other countries that have it, where if you get to go, you get steered towards a major you show the most aptitude in. So no, it would not be for liberal arts. But if someone has the intelligence and aptitude to be a doctor for example, and aces the MCATs, they get free med school.

Old 02-22-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
So, you think a 15 year old with a summer job should be paid 15 bucks an hour right out of the gate? You do realize that if this were a law there are some nice things that will likely go away because employers can't afford to stay in business?
It will be law in California by 2022, and in LA County and San Francisco City/County before then

Old 02-22-2017, 10:16 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
I think too many people are operating under the assumption that all people in this country have equal access to all opportunities.

I wish it was the truth, but it is not.

Our access levels depend on our upbringing, our social status, level of education, geographic location in this country, etc.

So, social programs sometimes attempt to correct for these inequalities... that freaks people out.

It's all smoke and mirrors to deflect from the fact that there are some VERY wealthy, VERY privileged people in the US and they are making policy decisions every day (either by holding office or by lobbying or donating to campaigns) that support THEIR interests.

They do NOT care about the average American. At all.

They like it when middle America dumps on poor people.

Distracts everyone enough so that they can get away with filling their bank accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies