Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Trump's order on transgender bathrooms hurt him or lose him supporters?
yes 26 10.20%
no 229 89.80%
Voters: 255. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 09:26 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
I believe schools that have openly trans students are finding was to accommodate. Some have single use bathrooms, some allow the use of faculty restrooms. Schools have partitioned off sections of locker-rooms and some will allow the usage of non partitioned locker-rooms under supervision once they are deemed empty.
That's what they used to do, until transgender students starting refusing to use the individual accommodations provided and started suing to use the facilities of their choice regardless of their actual anatomical sex.

Case in point, this Missouri High School:

Hillsboro High students walk out over transgender locker/shower room use dispute | Education | stltoday.com

And the same thing happened in Illinois. The Illinois case was what prompted Obama's DoJ's "Dear Colleague" letter to every K-12 and Collegiate school in the US which demanded, in part...
Quote:
"Under Title IX, there is no medical diagnosis or treatment requirement that students must meet as a prerequisite to being treated consistent with their gender identity.

...Under title IX, a school must treat students consistent with their gender identity even if their education records or identification documents indicate a different sex."
And regarding bathroom/locker/shower room use:
Quote:
"Restrooms and Locker Rooms... A school may not require transgender students to use facilities inconsistent with their gender identity or to use individual-user facilities when other students are not required to do so."
https://www2.ed.gov/about/offices/li...ransgender.pdf

Schools that didn't comply were threatened with loss of federal funding.

Note that NONE of this requires any kind of proof of transgender status whatsoever. It's all just based on a student saying "I feel like I'm a girl" or "I feel like I'm a boy" regardless of their actual anatomical sex.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 09:29 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
You act like they wave their genitalia at the women and that it is some deviant behavior, it's a mental condition of being born in the wrong physical body based on the way the brain is wired. We aren't talking costume parties here.
In response to the post you are responding to, I never enjoyed having to see other guys "genetalia" in the locker room (I'm a guy), but I didn't consider that harassment. As I also wouldn't have considered a girl in our locker room to be harassment. This whole thing is much ado about nothing

Old 03-01-2017, 09:30 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,368,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
Whether or not this is a state, not federal, issue is a genuine question.
This is exactly the kind of thing that is best left to the states. Different states having different rules means different people with different preferences can find a place that does things the way they like. And then we use the Commerce Clause the way it was intended -- to guarantee free trade among the states that don't necessarily agree with one another on other issues.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:32 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,596,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
This is exactly the kind of thing that is best left to the states. Different states with different rules = different people with different opinions can find a place that does things the way they prefer.
But what happens to that trans kid who lives in Arkansas or Mississippi who's parents refuse to move?

Old 03-01-2017, 10:03 AM

11,337 posts, read 11,037,875 times
Quote:
How about we just get rid of sexed bathrooms and have individual rooms? Everyone wins.
Too expensive. Why should we cater to delusion anyway? It doesn't help anyone. TGs should stay the sex they are, the one that cannot be changed, get counselling and simply ENDURE. Everyone has some limitations and exclusions. It's completely narcissistic. Make friends, do productive work, enjoy hobbies, help some people, get old, and die. The formula is pretty simple. And the bottom line is you CANNOT change your sex. One sex is male. One sex is female. One sex provides sperm. One sex has babies. The sex that has sperm CANNOT have babies or carry new life, regardless of delusion, amputation, mutilation, or wishing wishing wishing.

Assuming the straight world here and not talking the gay world. A mutilated TG MTF is NEVER going to be attractive or desired by any decent normal mentally stable heterosexual male. NEVER! So why bother? It's irrational and insane. You can't carry life, and you can't get it on with a real guy, so just stay what you are. A guy. Don't self-mutilate and don't impose your craziness on the rest of society. It's selfish to a fault.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,732,744 times
More fun with Executive Orders. Trump isn't enacting a new one. He's rescinding ones that Obama enacted in order to meddle in local and state politics and policies. So essentially, all Trump is doing here is giving the power back to the people. CA and NY are welcome to continue forcing girls to shower and change with other "girls" with testicles and a penis hanging between their legs. UT and NC are now welcome to run the opposite direction on the issue.

One of the big downsides of EO's is that they're way too easy to enact. One of the big upsides is that they die fast and hard the instant that a new president takes office -- if that new president disagrees of course.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:27 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,903,525 times
Quote:
No. But I think they should get a life and stop caring who uses the bathroom because 90% of those using women's rooms aren't going to use it to rape them. Most identify as a woman pre-op or post-op. Get over it.
I am sure you are quite comfortable with the 10% (your number) who will use it to rape. I mean, lets all get on our PC wagon and pat ourselves on the back about how "progressive" we are in our acceptance of trans genders and hey... even though such a concept is "crazy, ridiculous, stupid, insane..." it's ok because only 10% (your claim) might be there to abuse such and actually rape or sexually assault someone.

We should all trust in the fact that completely insane and irrational individuals with SERIOUS psychological issues are simply interested in just "identifying" as another sex.. and have no ill intentions, no ulterior motives.

No thanks. Would rather we go to war over this to be honest. Stupid has no place in society as it concerns policies.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:56 AM

8,061 posts, read 4,884,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
What does that have to do with girls and women not wanting to see, nor be viewed when naked by, naked anatomical males in the women's locker/shower room?

Absolutely nothing. Why don't girls and women have the right to not be sexually intimidated/harassed anymore?

Answer the question...

A female employee in the women's locker/shower room is unwillingly exposed to the male genitalia of a self-declared trans in the women's locker/shower room. She files a workplace sexual intimidation/harassment charge. The anatomically male trans claims not being able to shower in the women's facilities is discrimination.

Whose rights prevail?
Its never the end perspective. That is why it should be male/female /family bathroom.

Lawyers would have a field day with this!

Old 03-01-2017, 11:17 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,889,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
I am sure you are quite comfortable with the 10% (your number) who will use it to rape. I mean, lets all get on our PC wagon and pat ourselves on the back about how "progressive" we are in our acceptance of trans genders and hey... even though such a concept is "crazy, ridiculous, stupid, insane..." it's ok because only 10% (your claim) might be there to abuse such and actually rape or sexually assault someone.

We should all trust in the fact that completely insane and irrational individuals with SERIOUS psychological issues are simply interested in just "identifying" as another sex.. and have no ill intentions, no ulterior motives.

No thanks. Would rather we go to war over this to be honest. Stupid has no place in society as it concerns policies.
No but the reality is those that do is likely lower than 10%. I'm just shoot spitballing a number to prove how small a minority it is. It really isn't worth considering other than partisan strawman arguments to use rather than "I'm offended" because you will get the "Well put on your big boy/girl pants" comments your like say anytime us "snowflakes" are offended.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:57 AM

88,989 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
No but the reality is those that do is likely lower than 10%. I'm just shoot spitballing a number to prove how small a minority it is. It really isn't worth considering other than partisan strawman arguments to use rather than "I'm offended" because you will get the "Well put on your big boy/girl pants" comments your like say anytime us "snowflakes" are offended.
Tell it to these NYC liberals. They disagree with you:
Quote:
"Girls from a swim team in New York City's Upper West Side are too scared to use the women's locker room at a Parks Department swimming pool. In March, a sign appeared noting that everyone has the the right to use the restroom or locker room consistent with their "gender identity or gender expression." Around the same time, the girls, who range in age from about seven to 18, became concerned after they saw a "bearded individual" in the women's changing room.

...An employee at the center who spoke on condition of anonymity says the individual using the locker room appears to present as a man—wearing swim shorts or trunks to swim, with sideburns going down into a beard—which is partly what alarms the girls and their parents. Staff members have also been warned that asking individuals to prove their gender identity would be discriminatory. "Our hands are tied," the worker said. "We can't say anything about it."
Transgender Bathroom Laws: Parents Balk And Ask, Locker/Shower Rooms Too? | Time.com

What is described above is without a doubt sexual intimidation. Slam dunk in any court in the land.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies