Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 11:40 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
it relates to the type of person willing to travel , willing to work hard to get ahead. The Irish used to be the same. They would get to the USA, do bar work, construction, etc., these days not so much. Now they are mostly 3rd level students on a year off , summer work visa. And more interested in fun than money.
In the EU there are workers travelling from Poland and other more eastern countries that work super hard.
Legal aliens ain't the problem. ILLEGAL aliens are big trouble. Period.

Old 02-24-2017, 11:51 AM

3,046 posts, read 2,382,702 times
Donald Trump, the self professed master negotiator, can't even negotiate with our friendliest neighbor and ally. Mexico is supposed to be easy. How is he supposed to deal with other world leaders who don't look on us nearly as favorably?

Old 02-24-2017, 12:00 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Only 2% of illegals are picking crops and for those jobs there are unlimited visas for legal, foreign workers. It's not a career job for Americans (especially if they live in urban areas) and is only seasonal work. All other blue-collared jobs Americans have always done for a fair wage until millions of cheap illegals flooded our border.

Please provide a link that Trump can't find American workers for a fair wage.
Trump will hire foreign workers to staff Mar-a-Lago this winter | TheHill

It was all over the news a couple months ago.

It's a long-standing habit of his - Trump Ripped Off Illegal Polish Immigrants For Work On Construction Of Trump Tower (VIDEO) | RedState

Note - I cherry-picked to refer you to only conservative sites. But this habit of his is pretty well-known, I can only wonder why you don't know it.

Old 02-24-2017, 12:30 PM

17,986 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by westcoastforme View Post
https://www.yahoo.com/news/mexico-sa...172004968.html

You're country, millions of your people(illegals), and drug cartels have **** on the US for decades.

If illegals come through your country from any other country we will deport them back to your country.

The days of getting **** on are over

I do not accept Mexico's immigration policy.

Mexico has nothing to offer us. We don't need them. They need us. We surely don't need what they been sending us.

Old 02-24-2017, 01:55 PM

35,669 posts, read 21,030,020 times
I want to know what the corporations/ companies are saying knowing they will lose their cheap labor - they are the ones who pull the puppet strings in the congress and have lobbied against E-verify.
I want to know when they are all gone or hiding- and not working- how that will affect the rest of us.
You really think your kids are going to work in that hot sun for $10 an hour hammering on the roof or painting 15 story high condos or washing their windows? Pick veggies or whatever else comes out of the ground?
The strawberry man lost 1/2 his business when he was raided. He could NOT get employees and eventually asked anyone wanted to pick just come get it- that happened near Lakeland Fl

Anywhere from half to three-quarters of some 1.6 million field workers in the country are thought to be illegal immigrants. Yet only 35,000 foreigners applied for seasonal agriculture visas last year even though there is no limit on the number of H-2A visas that could be issued. U.S. employers must initiate that process.Businesses, immigrants urge limits on changes - News - Wilmington Star News - Wilmington, NC

Old 02-24-2017, 03:50 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krichton View Post
Donald Trump, the self professed master negotiator, can't even negotiate with our friendliest neighbor and ally. Mexico is supposed to be easy. How is he supposed to deal with other world leaders who don't look on us nearly as favorably?

Mexico is friendly while they take advantage of us. Not the kind of friendship I would want.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:52 PM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Trump will hire foreign workers to staff Mar-a-Lago this winter | TheHill

It was all over the news a couple months ago.

It's a long-standing habit of his - Trump Ripped Off Illegal Polish Immigrants For Work On Construction Of Trump Tower (VIDEO) | RedState

Note - I cherry-picked to refer you to only conservative sites. But this habit of his is pretty well-known, I can only wonder why you don't know it.

I don't believe anything I read nowadays regardless of the source. There are many Republicans who don't like Trump either. New's sources tend to leave out vital details these days.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:57 PM

50,239 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I want to know what the corporations/ companies are saying knowing they will lose their cheap labor - they are the ones who pull the puppet strings in the congress and have lobbied against E-verify.
I want to know when they are all gone or hiding- and not working- how that will affect the rest of us.
You really think your kids are going to work in that hot sun for $10 an hour hammering on the roof or painting 15 story high condos or washing their windows? Pick veggies or whatever else comes out of the ground?
The strawberry man lost 1/2 his business when he was raided. He could NOT get employees and eventually asked anyone wanted to pick just come get it- that happened near Lakeland Fl

Anywhere from half to three-quarters of some 1.6 million field workers in the country are thought to be illegal immigrants. Yet only 35,000 foreigners applied for seasonal agriculture visas last year even though there is no limit on the number of H-2A visas that could be issued. U.S. employers must initiate that process.Businesses, immigrants urge limits on changes - News - Wilmington Star News - Wilmington, NC
Why should anyone be "hammering on the roof" for 10 an hour. That's ridiculous. Do you have some illegal business with illegal workers? If so, YOU are the problem.

Old 02-24-2017, 03:57 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post

10 dollars an hour working on roofs? That needs to pay 20 or more.

Old 02-24-2017, 04:17 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,735,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't believe anything I read nowadays regardless of the source. There are many Republicans who don't like Trump either. New's sources tend to leave out vital details these days.
Um, might I ask then how you know what's going on in the world?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies