Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:31 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Think it had anything to do with losing a couple of million jobs ? That is where the blame lies, and I think it is the result of both parties.

Growing U.S. trade deficit with China cost 2.8 million jobs between 2001 and 2010 | Economic Policy Institute
If you were so concerned about blue-collar jobs in the 80s, 90s and 00s, then I assume you voted for the Party that was aligned with organized labor?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:42 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
It is time to stop the pissing contest about who is to blame and fix it.

Perhaps it was a 25000 a year flight attendant in Atlanta buying a 400K house, or the institution who lent the money.

Perhaps it was the off the books war many cheered for and the intelligence community lied about to get us in it.

Perhaps it was tax cuts.

Perhaps it was all of the above.

I will gladly support a temporary 10% tax increase to pay it down.

If the government will stop stupid chit like giving disability to people who will not work. I know a grown man who is lazy. He gets disability, lives with his parents. They provide for all his needs. He spends his nights
gambling.

Another extended family member joined the service 18 months ago when she graduated from high school. It was the only way to get to college. Two days from the end of basic training was informed they made a mistake and she could not join due to a health reason. A few months ago, she received a letter stating they made a mistake and would be happy for her to join up. The letter contained an $80,000 check for their mistake.

The government needs to stop cheating and wasting money. I hold every federal elected person accountable.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:43 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
How about putting some of that amassed wealth in a remedial course to learn how to spell?
Or a logic and reasoning course.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:44 AM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
The question is was it bush's or clinton's fault?
It was clearly on Bush's watch. Thiis was a full 8 years after Clinton left office.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:50 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,703,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I understand how a man who paid $8.99 for mashed potatoes at a grocery store hot bar would not get it.
Pays it and then complains about it as if buying it wasn't a personal choice!
I cannot wait to see how they spin their remorse after 45 leaves them holding yet another bag.

No, OP, I don't believe that the country is beyond repair now any more than it was after the Civil War or Nixon resigned or any other much more critical event/situation.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:51 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,059,632 times
I didn't care for much of President Obama's policies. But my answer is no and the economy is not in that bad of shape.
Debt while I think it is too high is historically not that bad compared to the size of the economy.
i am cautiously optimistic that things will get even better.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:59 AM

17,468 posts, read 12,937,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Oh yeah, let's return to those wonderful days, 8 years ago, when Obama inherited the ****hole GW left us with ! Those were terrific times.........foreclosed homes all over, zillions of people out of work, the economy on the verge of collapse, and tons of people without healthcare..........Oh, and soldiers on the ground all over the place.

Ah, yes, I long for those wonderful days ! That damn Obama had to come along and make things better ! (Trumpees sure have selective memories, don't they ?)
Seriously dude! President Obama the first president in American history to not have at least 3%+ economic growth.......yeah the man was fixing it alright! I do agree President Bush screwed things up, but that housing crap, is on the left, you can't blame President bush!

Old 02-23-2017, 10:12 AM

32,108 posts, read 34,720,210 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I do agree President Bush screwed things up, but that housing crap, is on the left, you can't blame President bush!
How is "that housing crap" "on the left"?

And why do so many people say "the Left" this and "the Right" that? It sounds like you are talking about sports teams.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:38 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,082,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
Seriously dude! President Obama the first president in American history to not have at least 3%+ economic growth.......yeah the man was fixing it alright! I do agree President Bush screwed things up, but that housing crap, is on the left, you can't blame President bush!
Please tell me why a lender would lend money to someone they knew could not pay it back.

That CRA never told the banks they had to loan to deadbeats. It said if you are going to take deposits, you need to make some loans. Never said loan to deadbeats.

Old 02-23-2017, 10:42 AM

274 posts, read 120,434 times
Well Obama inherited a mess himself,he tried his best(even though his best was not enough to so many) Obama did do some good things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies