Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 07:51 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,443,353 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
if the word "scumbags" offends you, that's pretty pathetic.
It doesn't offend me I just think it shows a lot about the type of person she is .
I fully support the right of freedom of speech for liberals like Maxine Waters and others .
It's great we have them on record acting like this !
Trump and his cabinet will just continue fixing the serious issues affecting this country . Illegal immigration, trade , a return to law and order.

Libs can continue crying and shouting racism blah blah .
Maybe they can come up with some ideas to you know ... help the American people .
They are more focused these days on helping illegal aliens that aren't citizens and aren't Americans.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 07:51 AM

14,292 posts, read 9,673,547 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
It was made in private , he already apologized for it , it was like 12 years ago . He also was not an elected official at the time just a private citizen .

If repeating that line from so many years ago is all the left has that's pretty pathetic.
It's all the left has, they are grabbing at straws, and coming up empty.

Trump did not go on a TV news interview, and make his comments live, like the lib'tard Waters did.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:52 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,106,572 times
In just a month, Trump has offended Mexico, Australia, Muslims, the constitution......and Canada, Europe, and far east Asia are rolling their eyes at us.

I'm more concerned about that than whatever Waters said. But because Trump's first month has been an absolute nightmare, his supporters focus on non-issues like what Maxine Waters said to ignore the bigger issues...like his claims of MILLIONS of illegal votes that he has no proof of, Flynn being forced to resign after lying about what he did, and his biggest executive order yet, Muslim ban, being shot down by the courts.

But yea, let's talk about what Maxine Waters said...because that's so important compared to everything else I just listed.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:53 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,232,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
Maxine Waters on Trump's Cabinet: They're a 'Bunch of Scumbags' | Fox News Insider

Is this an appropriate type of language a U.S. Representative should be using?

Imagine if a republican had said the same thing about Obama's people. It would be headline news for days. There'd be alls for his/her resignation. His/her political career would forever ruined BUT since it was Maxine Waters saying it against Trump, everything is fine.

And where is the mainstream media outrage?

Funny how the left and their media friends are criticizing Trump for his language but stuff like this from them is fine.
Truth hurts.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:54 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Hillary Clinton called half of Trump supporters deplorables. That insulted tens of millions of Americans .
Trump never insulted Hillary voters like that .
Anyone insulted by what she said must've felt the shoe fit.

If someone said "half the people who support Clinton are (something unpleasant)" I would ask myself "am I that?"

If the answer was "nope," I'd just assume that they were not referring to me.

Yet, so many people who I am certain are not "deplorable" got offended. Did I give them too much credit?

Maybe they ARE deplorable?

I was truly baffled by that. If she'd said "all Trump supporters are deplorable," I could understand the outrage.

Eh. I tend not to assume that everything someone says refers to me.

Trump has insulted people who didn't vote for him. We're "enemies." We're "haters." We're "liars." The news we watch is "fake."

Come on. He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

And, this is how he refers to everyone who isn't lockstep with him.

Maxine Waters doesn't have that kind of power. She's referring to fellow members of government, not the US people.

I think this is blown way out of proportion.

Old 02-23-2017, 07:59 AM

Quote:
In just a month, Trump has offended Mexico, Australia, Muslims, the constitution......and Canada, Europe, and far east Asia are rolling their eyes at us.

I'm more concerned about that than whatever Waters said. But because Trump's first month has been an absolute nightmare, his supporters focus on non-issues like what Maxine Waters said to ignore the bigger issues...like his claims of MILLIONS of illegal votes that he has no proof of, Flynn being forced to resign after lying about what he did, and his biggest executive order yet, Muslim ban, being shot down by the courts.

But yea, let's talk about what Maxine Waters said...because that's so important compared to everything else I just listed.
It's not the most important thing .
Are you upset because it's being brought up and makes Maxine look bad ?

Why do you think those countries are "offended "?

It's because they know there is a new sheriff in town and their gig is up .
It's just like the illegal aliens and their supporters acting offended .
They know a change is coming and it won't be like the Obama and Bush years .

Trump is simply making progress on the agenda he campaigned on to fix many large fundamental issues in America.
Issues that were too politically dangerous to touch . Unlike Obama he cares less about political correctness and cares about doing what's right.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:00 AM

4,573 posts, read 6,778,254 times
Quote:
Maxine Waters called people "scumbags." Donald Trump said he likes to "Grab women by the *****."

You tell me which is worse. And yes, I'm aware that Trump made his comment in what he thought was total privacy....which IMO makes it even worse.
Locker room talk. 99% of all men and 75% of all women know this. Step out of the echo chamber every once in a while.....it's nice out here.

Back to Maxine. She's great. She and Pelosi and crybaby Schumer should be trotted out in front of the cameras as much as possible.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:01 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Pot meet kettle. Waters is a low life and always has been. She is a bigot and one also needs to question her sanity.

Old 02-23-2017, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Anyone insulted by what she said must've felt the shoe fit.

If someone said "half the people who support Clinton are (something unpleasant)" I would ask myself "am I that?"

If the answer was "nope," I'd just assume that they were not referring to me.

Yet, so many people who I am certain are not "deplorable" got offended. Did I give them too much credit?

Maybe they ARE deplorable?

I was truly baffled by that. If she'd said "all Trump supporters are deplorable," I could understand the outrage.

Eh. I tend not to assume that everything someone says refers to me.

Trump has insulted people who didn't vote for him. We're "enemies." We're "haters." We're "liars." The news we watch is "fake."

Come on. He's the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

And, this is how he refers to everyone who isn't lockstep with him.

Maxine Waters doesn't have that kind of power. She's referring to fellow members of government, not the US people.

I think this is blown way out of proportion.
Right .

So if someone said half of black people are deplorable or half of gays are deplorable or half of women are *******. Half of men are pigs .
All blacks , gays and women and men wouldn't get disgusted by that comment?

Old 02-23-2017, 08:09 AM

4,504 posts, read 3,028,351 times
Proud to be a supporter of scumbags.

Proud to be deplorable.

What's next with these idiotic democrats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies