Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2017, 09:15 PM

7,819 posts, read 4,540,941 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
If you don't know the facts, best hold your tongue, you are wrong, the kids are thugs looking for trouble...
So I take it you were there?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2017, 09:15 PM

15,802 posts, read 6,249,249 times
Quote:
If you don't know the facts, best hold your tongue, you are wrong, the kids are thugs looking for trouble...
Well I at least watched the video before I posted.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:17 PM

29,460 posts, read 16,412,459 times
Quote:
Cop was the good guy here, he was confronted by a bunch of punks with no proper upbringing. The little brats went out of their way to harass the guy, walking across his lawn, destroying his landscaping, just trying to provoke a confrontation so they could gang up on him.
Their parents need to be horse whipped for not raising their kids correctly.
there are several versions of this story, and none of them sound like what you just typed.

the most consistent one is that a group of kids cut across his yard, he yelled at them, they yelled back. He claims one of the kids threatened to shoot him, he then admits to grabbing the kid and holding him till the police came.

The other kids involved only harassed him in the context of trying to free their friend. We can disagree about whether they should have attempted to do so in the first place, but you are trying to argue that they were harassing the man for no reason what so ever.

The officer is the one who escalated the situation by grabbing the kid and then dragging him across 2 other families' yards and then through his bushes.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,173,414 times
This is one of those mutually assured destruction scenarios where both parties don't know how to behave, aren't willing to back down and it never ends well. Happens from time to time when the right two people knock heads.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:18 PM

16,061 posts, read 26,682,551 times
How you can even say the cop was in the right here is beyond me. We have no idea what happened before. From what was said, the kids were walking across his yard and he was tired of it. He called one girl a ****.

The kid defending the girl is grabbed and physically intimidated by the cop. Assault pure and simple. He dragged the kid around for a good gen minutes, THEN pulls out a gun and fires.

How anyone is defending the guy is beyond me.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:19 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,183,320 times
Quote:
Take a piece of your own "advice".

Old 02-23-2017, 09:20 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,913,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
This is one of those mutually assured destruction scenarios where both parties don't know how to behave, aren't willing to back down and it never ends well. Happens from time to time when the right two people knock heads.
I think you nailed it.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:21 PM

2,762 posts, read 3,173,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
there are several versions of this story, and none of them sound like what you just typed.

the most consistent one is that a group of kids cut across his yard, he yelled at them, they yelled back. He claims one of the kids threatened to shoot him, he then admits to grabbing the kid and holding him till the police came.

The other kids involved only harassed him in the context of trying to free their friend. We can disagree about whether they should have attempted to do so in the first place, but you are trying to argue that they were harassing the man for no reason what so ever.

The officer is the one who escalated the situation by grabbing the kid and then dragging him across 2 other families' yards and then through his bushes.
Well, when you are disrespectful to people's property and then tell them you are going to shoot them, bad things happen to you. I am not saying he got what he deserved, or it was legal, but when you do that kind of stuff it is only a matter of time before you run across someone as stupid as you.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:22 PM

15,802 posts, read 6,249,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
Yeah, except one was a 13 year old and one was an armed adult. An adult should be able to out maneuver a child intellectually.

Old 02-23-2017, 09:23 PM

32,816 posts, read 19,415,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
How you can even say the cop was in the right here is beyond me. We have no idea what happened before. From what was said, the kids were walking across his yard and he was tired of it. He called one girl a ****.

The kid defending the girl is grabbed and physically intimidated by the cop. Assault pure and simple. He dragged the kid around for a good gen minutes, THEN pulls out a gun and fires.

How anyone is defending the guy is beyond me.
how can you defend TRESPASSING??

how can you defend punks destroying other peoples PRIVATE property??

I wouldn't have used a gun...but my baseball bat certainly will defend my property... but if I need my guns...I have then too

too many punks/gangs/ and criminals think its ok to cross lawns, break into house...and they think they can get away with it

how can you defend punks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies