Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-09-2017, 01:17 PM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuralNet88 View Post
The emails are misconstrued by anybody who doesn't understand what the scientists were specifically talking about.
BS

They talk about promoting "The Cause" in the face of lacking evidence. They constantly go on about how they are worried about the fact that the OBSERVABLE evidence is not supporting their claims.

It is obvious you either 1) Never read the emails 2) are lying about them.

Quote:
Even if there was any shenanigans going on(which there wasn't), some emails from one university hardly shows that global warming is false and lied about across the board. Quite the opposite, there are bodies upon bodies of evidence supporting it.
Note people the admission they have not read the emails and know nothing about them. This is common of the talking point activists who spread the politics of this message. This is a dismissal and a severe ignorance that the poster has NO CLUE who the emails are about, what their significance is, or how important the agencies they deal with are in the estimation of global temps.

Quote:
Obviously these emails for the uninitiated and uneducated have given them something to cling onto.
Here we go people, and the real point these people are making and the thing I told you they would make over and over.

Their point?

You are too STUPID to understand this... move along!

You are not too stupid, read the emails and see how stupid the activists are in their support.

Enjoy!!!

Complete Climategate Emails and Data

Remember, you are not stupid, only progressives think you are!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2017, 01:27 PM
SFX

1,635 posts, read 889,305 times
It's really quite amazing. I eschew political "debates" because it's about useless for anything other than wasting time. Nothing is going to change anyone's mind, and the facts are the last thing that will persuade anyone. Seriously, it's a scientific fact, that facts don't matter when it comes to altering deeply held beliefs.

The information actually doesn't get through to the rational decision making part of the brain. Instead, people just get angry and stop listening. This probably occurred a couple of sentences before this one.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:32 PM
SFX

Quote:
Our brains serve as gatekeepers for information. They let information in, but they organize and filter it looking for patterns. The patterns they identify match our existing beliefs. We can only understand something new if presented in terms of something we already know. We accept information that supports our beliefs, and reject information that doesn’t. In short, we don’t seek information, we seek confirmation.
3 scientist explain

The ironic part is that the above will not matter to most people. They won't even read it.

Old 03-09-2017, 01:34 PM
SFX

So evidence isn't going to sway anyone, and rhetoric isn't going to change your mind, so pretty much nothing will matter.

Now if the climate actually starts changing, and I mean to a degree where it is impossible to ignore, even that might not matter.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:19 PM

1,640 posts, read 794,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFX View Post
So evidence isn't going to sway anyone, and rhetoric isn't going to change your mind, so pretty much nothing will matter.

Now if the climate actually starts changing, and I mean to a degree where it is impossible to ignore, even that might not matter.
It's like the analogy of a frog in a pot of water that is slowly heating. I don't think it will matter because people will not likely link it to what they understand climate change to be. The impact, the consequences, will come in other ways like disease, bugs, rodents, etc.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
3 scientist explain

The ironic part is that the above will not matter to most people. They won't even read it.
Quote:
Our brains serve as gatekeepers for information. They let information in, but they organize and filter it looking for patterns. The patterns they identify match our existing beliefs. We can only understand something new if presented in terms of something we already know. We accept information that supports our beliefs, and reject information that doesn’t. In short, we don’t seek information, we seek confirmation.
Arg!!!

If this is true then we are doomed.

I know this isn't me, but it worries me because I have seen this "dumb animal" type of behavior and it is the thing that drives society today and what is infuriating is to see educated people (I know many people with multiple MBA/PHDs who act like dumb animals on many political topics).

It just goes to show you that education is merely "knowledge" and it has no sway on the ability of an individual to process information and come to any consistent resolution or logical process, especially when it considers political concepts that are usually not quantifiable.

Fact is, I have met more intelligent people without formal educations than I have those with them. This will no doubt set off those of formal educations into their insecure diatribe of self defense to justify their time spent in educational institutions.

After all, spending 10's if not 100's of thousands of dollars in education has to be justified and one does not want to look like an idiot in the expense of such, one must make that expense seem "worthy", often at all costs! LOL

Old 03-09-2017, 02:32 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
This thread confirms that the posters on this forum:

1. Contains a disproportionate number of people earning a living in fossil fuels who fear for their continued livelihood and will defend it at all cost,

or

2. are bat#### crazy.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:33 PM

18,490 posts, read 9,151,071 times
Quote:
It probably won't matter, especially to the large number of Americans who believe that the Christian God controls the weather and climate.

Old 03-09-2017, 02:34 PM

7,447 posts, read 2,830,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
This thread confirms that the posters on this forum:

1. Contains a disproportionate number of people earning a living in fossil fuels who fear for their continued livelihood and will defend it at all cost,

or

2. are bat#### crazy.
Heh

don't forget:

3. Are trolling

Old 03-09-2017, 02:35 PM

Quote:

but it is, why... if you would just turn on your TV and listen to the experts who tell you that the temperature outside is far hotter, or colder than you see it as, if you can just accept that flooding is everywhere, that drought in the same breath is also a problem you have, on top of the heavy snow you receive, why... you would understand how dire the situation is. I mean, its snowing now, but what if the sun comes out and you have hot temps next? What will you do? HOW CAN YOU SURVIVE!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies