Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are Democrats right to be so confident?
yes 25 27.78%
no 65 72.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,154,780 times

Advertisements

It is getting so tired. The marchers , the rioters, the criers, the snowflakes, the safe rooms, the crayola crowd, the screamers, the out of controllers, the babies, weirdos, they are destroying themselves with their hate and bigotry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2017, 05:13 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
I voted YES.

Democrats Are Legends in their own Minds

Next thing you know, they will be reviving that "come back kid" thing.

Old 02-26-2017, 05:14 AM

59,029 posts, read 27,290,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Trump is fraying fast - I am looking forward to his state of the union address with a sort of schaedenfreude.

Trump is something of an ignoramus who sees things in very limited ways. He has no depth or subtlety, and encountering either in others seems to irritate him to the point that he angrily tunes out any thoughtful suggestions or ideas from others.

Bannon, on the other hand, is much scarier than Trump. He is highly intelligent, but also extremely devious. His views of history and how to bring about what he perceives as needed change are quite peculiar. He also appears to be a white supremacist who thinks autocracy will bring about his version of an ideal society. Do a little research about his background and mind-set. Trump never will see it.

I think Trump has no real intent to do any permanent harm to our country and government and way of life, but he is so extremely limited and lacks the qualities which are needed in the Presidency. He is vulnerable - way too vulnerable - to those who praise him regardless of whether or not it's deserved, and he has little background knowledge of American history and government and no experience. Combine this with a short attention span, arrogance, impulsiveness, and narcissism, and it's a potentially lethal brew.

Bannon knows all this and is using Trump for his own purposes. He is not only intelligent, he is clever. Trump is neither, though he has a sort of shrewdness which went far in his business affairs. His willingness to cut corners - financially and ethically - also helped him make his fortune, of course.

At this point, I hope Ivanka and her husband can exert some stabilizing influence in ways that her father will accept. I cannot imagine that they would countenance Bannon, if they are aware of his very real darkness and intentions, but I am not sure just how much counterbalance they can provide, or if they would be too intimidated by him to even try.

Very, very troubling times. I find myself waking up each morning thinking, "How did this occur in our land? How did things come to this pass so swiftly, and what can I do to bring back what once was taken for granted?"

Then I find out what's going on - it changes so swiftly, and each day seems to bring a new crisis from the Oval Office - and try to do what I can for good. For democracy. For freedom of speech and assembly. For the environment.

For the sake of our country.
"Trump is fraying fast"

And the same people saying this are the SAME one who "predicted" a Hillary "landslide" and Trump's campaign was in turmoil and not having a snowballs chance in hell of getting to 270.

How'd did THAT work out for ya'?

Old 02-28-2017, 12:47 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,095,846 times
the fact that Democrats have to use a picture of Kellyanne Conway on a sofa to attack the Trump administration now makes me surprised they are so confident

Old 02-28-2017, 01:05 PM

18,058 posts, read 10,344,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
the fact that Democrats have to use a picture of Kellyanne Conway on a sofa to attack the Trump administration now makes me surprised they are so confident

Where is the "Democrat" attack. I see a whole mess of people on twitter and elsewhere finding fault with Conway for feet on the coach. But I don't see anything particularly democrat about them. And the Fix on WaPo pointed out the whole finding fault thing was flat out stupid. So at least part of the MSM was on Conway's side.

Old 02-28-2017, 01:07 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,353,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
They are saying many times that Trump is guaranteed to be a disaster and everyone will be flocking back to them
In no time. They also say that the public supports all their policies and views by far
Well, that of course isn't enough by itself - it takes energy, mobilization, organization and persistence. But the Democrats know that.

Old 03-16-2017, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Well, that of course isn't enough by itself - it takes energy, mobilization, organization and persistence. But the Democrats know that.

And does it look like they are doing that? Don't think so

Old 03-16-2017, 09:15 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Which national Democrat can now do what Trump did yesterday? i.e. Hold two rallies and fill them beyond capacity.

This is why the Poll is as it is.

Old 03-16-2017, 11:02 AM

21,989 posts, read 15,708,683 times
I don't know that Democrats are necessarily more confident at all. I think Democrats are more...enjoying the spectacle. Trump and the GOP are increasing the costs of health coverage for those 50 and up dramatically. Next, Trump is going after federal taxes, which is going to work out GREAT for me. And less federal taxes means less blue state money going to poorer red states. Awesome.

There was a column a couple of days ago calling for Blue States to exit. In response, another column called it cruel that blue states are so eager to abandon the country. I think it's more of preferring to create an environment that works for blue states and letting Trump do what he wants to red states.

BLUEXIT
A Modest Proposal For Separating Blue States From Red

https://newrepublic.com/article/1409...mp-red-america

Blue-State Secession Is Dumb and Cruel
https://www.thenation.com/article/bl...umb-and-cruel/

Old 04-20-2017, 09:54 AM

I see many libs feel already that 2020 is guaranteed to them and they can nominate anyone and they will beat Trump since Trump is so hated
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies