Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 06:01 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
I'm so happy the lying MSM is held accountable by our great President.....liars (CNN, NYT, NPR, etc) aren't worthy to sit in the same room with President Trump.
breathtaking...

I think a huge portion of this country wants a propaganda ministry.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:02 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Yeah, because the BBC is also fake news. What kind of paranoid chamber do you Trumpites live in and where in the hell did you find it?

More like Trump is afraid of being challenged and embarassed by reporters on the national stage, which comes with the territory of I dunno, BEING THE PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES.

And secondly, I'd love you to explain WH interference with the FBI.
Park your paranoia.

Every administration has tried to influence the various different agencies.

Sheesh.

But what I like best is watching liberals writh in virtual pain and horror and shock over every perceived outrage coming from Trump.

I would pay to see this daily occurrence.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:03 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,930,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Funny how in other countries, England, for instance, there are many major news outlets that range from liberal to conservative and I don't think any of them are banned from news conferences, are they?

I would probably ban something stupid like the Enquirer that we all know makes up fantasy stories but to ban mainstream media? Just because they don't agree with Trump? Doesn't seem right.

Exactly. Sure, allow in Briebart and whoever. They're allowed. At the same time you still have to allow CNN/NYT/BBC etc. Unless of course you're trying to be an autocrat.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Would you care if they got a pass/blessing but other news organizations didn't?
Still wouldn't care. Different strokes for different folks.

I am in it for the entertainment value.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:05 PM

30,370 posts, read 19,162,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
breathtaking...

I think a huge portion of this country wants a propaganda ministry.
We've already got one, the MSM. We need a propaganda ministry to counter the lying MSM to allow Americans to hear honest news.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:06 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
So Putin's useful idiot puppet--Mr. Tiny Hands Emperor Trump--has now banned the free press from simply asking him questions, and furthermore, this administration has started to pressure the FBI in order to prevent it from simply doing its job, like investigating the connection between this administration and its Russian influence. You can not write a novel better than this epic fiasco. I'd never thought I'd see the day when the United States, who purportedly stands for freedom and democracy, has been turned into a state like Venezuela, North Korea, or the like. Ironic, considering the fact that Americans themselves love to point to those kinds of states as being 'failed' examples of authoritarian regimes.
Just out of curiosity, have you even been out of the country? Have you ever experienced an actual dictatorship? Have you ever been warned your hotel room is probably bugged? Have you ever been warned to be careful what you say or who you say it to? Have you waited hours at the airport, both arriving and leaving while either customs or the security services at the airport tear your luggage to shreds looking for smuggled contraband or confiscating any reading materials.? Have you ever walked into a market and people are afraid to talk to you?

Dictatorship. You people are so ignorant.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:08 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,630,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
We've already got one, the MSM. We need a propaganda ministry to counter the lying MSM to allow Americans to hear honest news.
And there it is.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
There's one nose planter. Didn't take long.

Once fox news gets banned his hair will be on fire.
Doubt it.

I am in it for the entertainment value. Liberals pulling out handfuls of hair is comedy gold.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:15 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,097,165 times
Quote:
So Putin's useful idiot puppet--Mr. Tiny Hands Emperor Trump--has now banned the free press from simply asking him questions, and furthermore, this administration has started to pressure the FBI in order to prevent it from simply doing its job, like investigating the connection between this administration and its Russian influence. You can not write a novel better than this epic fiasco. I'd never thought I'd see the day when the United States, who purportedly stands for freedom and democracy, has been turned into a state like Venezuela, North Korea, or the like. Ironic, considering the fact that Americans themselves love to point to those kinds of states as being 'failed' examples of authoritarian regimes.
This is what happens when people believe the fake news.

People that are so out of touch with reality are truly are scary.

Old 02-24-2017, 06:24 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,330,890 times
Why should the President continue to support failing old media institutions who attack him constantly and are basically a propaganda arm of the Democrat party. Fox just crushes cnn and mscnb all the time, the new york times is just in total decline, I have had NYT stock since 2000 when it was around 40 -50 a share, its probably heading back to single digits, their numbers are terrible.

La times owners ,tribune media, are in a free fall as well , technological changes , loss of circulation to new media ,declining revenues. Why should the president help these losers, I would ban them for good.

Breitbart is one of the most most trafficked pure news websites in America, beats out Washington post , LA times. I just wish drudge report would stop sending traffic to NY times, CNN,etc. They deserve their decline, we need a new media to replace this old media mediocrity . Drudge report is my home page, I could care less if they ever linked to CNN again unless its something major cnn breaks, which is very rare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies