Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM

4,745 posts, read 5,570,868 times

Advertisements

I wonder who he voted for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2017, 10:04 AM

4,677 posts, read 5,766,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
I saw this incident on the news. Apparently he though the Indian men were middle eastern. This is really depressing in so many ways.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thevoicewithin View Post
This Hindu Indian man was confused for a Middle Eastern Muslim. He got told to leave the country and then got shot.
Quote:
Originally Posted by le roi View Post
The man who shot them believed they were "middle eastern."
He knew they were Indian. He had a long argument with them about their H1B visas before he was thrown out of the bar. (Also weird people are jumping to the "he was a trumper/republican" thing. He might well be, but in that area and with that mindset, he is much more likely to be a union democrat than anything else.)

Old 02-25-2017, 10:07 AM

14,481 posts, read 11,278,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Were you there? No? I didn't think so.

I was, and I told the truth, even when it's uncomfortable for some reading here.

Your response is rude and insulting - so much for the "good manners" you brag about having in one of your later posts.
Yeah, sure you were.

But don't worry, there's a lot of lying going on now. When liberals don't have real examples to justify their unhinged lunacy, they simply make them up.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:15 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Yes, that's it. Thanks for expanding my knowledge and vocabulary.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:21 AM

12,003 posts, read 11,894,188 times
[quote=Mr. Joshua;47317868]Yeah, sure you were.

But don't worry, there's a lot of lying going on now. When liberals don't have real examples to justify their unhinged lunacy, they simply make them up.[/QUOTE]

Another example of your "good manners", I suppose. Sorry, I am not in the habit of videoing my daily activities and encounters, so you'll just have to take my word. I could show you a receipt from the store, but that would prove only that I was there and no doubt that would cause you to simply cast more doubt.

Must be awful to be so suspicious and inaccurately judgmental of everyone whose politics differ from yours...which is just what you indicated in the bolded quote above.

Do you have documented proof of your charge?

Old 02-25-2017, 10:16 PM

164 posts, read 138,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
It's true. After 9/11 some Sikhs were shot in Arizona. When my husband and I visited my daughter's best friend whose parents are Sikhs, somehow the dad decided to remove his Turban.
Same deal here in Wisconsin. ‘Domestic Terrorism’ Kills Six in Oak Creek Sikh Temple - The Daily Beast

I remember going to the gas station the night of 9/11, seeing the Indian nephew of the owner scared shtless with the shotgun on the counter, he said that he had people calling him a rag head muslim terrorist and throwing things at the windows. He wanted to just go home but had no car and had to wait for his uncle to come get him.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 PM

164 posts, read 138,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marigolds6 View Post
He knew they were Indian. He had a long argument with them about their H1B visas before he was thrown out of the bar. (Also weird people are jumping to the "he was a trumper/republican" thing. He might well be, but in that area and with that mindset, he is much more likely to be a union democrat than anything else.)
Doubtful, since Trump has been hammering on H1B visas for a long time now as part of "make amerika grate again" shtick.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:22 PM

52,687 posts, read 47,946,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
One 32 year engineer born in India and working for Garmin was murdered; another 32 Indian born engineer and a 24 year old Good Samaritan were wounded. The perp was a 51 year old drunk who was arrested 70 miles away when he told another bartender that he had shot a couple of "Middle Eastern" men.

Whether this belongs on the political board may be debatable, but we regularly have postings of crimes supposedly committed by legal aliens. The vics in this case weren't here illegally. They were watching a Kansas basketball game peacefully in a Olathe, Kansas sports bar when they were attacked, apparently for no other reason than their ethnicity.

There's a lot of bitterness on both sides of the political divide and there's a certain percentage of the population that are unhinged. Words have consequences.

Let's hope that this sad story remains an isolated incident.

Olathe man charged with murder, attempted murder in Olathe bar shooting | fox4kc.com

Well, to answer the question, the perpetrator was drunk. When anyone is drunk, that person usually gets belligerent and would do things they likely would not do if he/she were sober, and a person's senses are usually zonked after a person has had too many. It's sad that labels were even used at all, and because people died at his hand, he should be tried.

Old 02-25-2017, 10:28 PM

20,329 posts, read 19,918,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
Many Trump supporters are very dangerous.
Same can be said about Clinton voters.

What should we do?

Old 02-26-2017, 06:24 AM

6,732 posts, read 5,172,048 times
This story is so upsetting.

If the roles had been reversed, this thread would have 800+ posts and be sticky'd at the top of this forum.

And that ****** me off more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies