Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 09:58 AM

8,861 posts, read 5,345,554 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Statement #1 is no less true because you don't believe it. Look up the statistics.

5 facts about illegal immigration in the U.S. | Pew Research Center

It appears they like to use the word "estimated" a lot. Why do you suppose that is? I'm betting it's because no one, including them, can know for certain.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:02 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Hillary calling us deplorables. McCain calling us CRAZIES. That is OK. Trump defended us against McCain and Hillary. Trump is no wimp.
McCain said " he's whipping up the crazies". That didn't mean all Trump supporters. It meant the nuthobs like that dude who shot a couple guys for looking "middle eastern". And Clinton said something like half of his supporters are deplorable. She was talking about the KKK types that were Trump supporters. Why did everyone take that stuff so personally?

Old 02-26-2017, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post

The issue would be the same if they were French or Germans or Russians.
I agree. Illegal is illegal.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:06 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,482,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
Both your brother-in-law and his cousin have problems.

I never actually heard President Trump promise he was only going to go after Hispanics. His cousin overstays his visa, does nothing about it and it's now President Trump's fault he's facing deportation?
In my brother in laws opinion it seemed so...

I don't feel bad or any sympathy. Thats his cousins responsibility... Brother in law and his cousin both can go back to Poland for all I care. Don't like it, think rules only apply to some? Leave. That simple. If you have responsibilities to tend to, tend to them. Neglect them who's at fault?

Oh he came here to make money in software programming? Couldn't do that in Poland? Oh thats right, America pays better... Oh thats right land of opportunity I forgot... Rules should bend to you because you and your cousin didn't cross a border fence from Mexico... Nope. Doesn't work that way. GTFO if you are so offended. Hear Poland is nice this time of year.

"You dont get it! You were born here you'll never understand"

I get it. You believe the law shouldn't apply or should be more flexible because....... Go on say it. Y'all aren't Mexican or from south America? Go on say it wimp. Tell me how you really feel... Go on.
Yeah got ugly. Lots of shouting from him. I stay calm and smile the whole time just irritating him more and more and even laughing at him a few times just to make it sting that much more.
Wont be hearing from meathead for a while hes angry hahaha. He's butthurt and probably hung over... Boy was he slugging down those Heinekens...

Old 02-26-2017, 10:10 AM

Quote:

The thing is, elements of the business community have been providing the jobs. It has worked out for them, and they support the Republican party generally. It is very easy to abuse the undocumented, very often employers can ignore labor laws with them, laws which the Republican party has been trying to roll back since their inception.

Well it would seem the voters (myself included) got tired of this. If they hadn't, you might be seeing a different person in the Oval office.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Mr Trump at one time agreed with you. He has since walked that back after gaining the Republican nomination.

Not certain what you mean by this.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:17 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,482,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
You just articulated what I bet many of us have felt for a long time -- and not just on CD. When Trump announced he was running, I heard his speech and just laughed. All I could picture was so many who hated him going absolutely bats*** crazy. I didn't like the man and I still don't. But I've never voted in any election based on who I might like. I don't have to like a candidate to vote for them; I just have to believe that person will do the best job possible. I kept an open mind for as long as I could, even though I thought HRC would be the worst thing for our country. My vote was quickly becoming a decision shifting from "the lesser of two evils" to, "why the f*** do these Hillary supporters feel so superior to everyone else?". The left was so intent on exaggerating Trump's cons while glossing over HRC's cons...with the ever-present message that if you weren't on the Hillary train, you were an inbred racist. The constant chatter use of "misogynist, zenephobe, *** *** ***" just kept reinforcing my growing resentment of the left. I've never registered with any party and almost always vote across the lines. But the false sense of superiority from the left when clearly their candidate was undesirable, just continued to push me towards a Trump vote. It destroyed any trace of swinging to the left. I too would have voted Bernie...still would have thought him to be the lesser of two evils...and I bet he would have won. I will reserve judgment on Trump's performance until he's been around a bit longer. For every unfiltered sentence that makes me shake my head, there's an action that makes me think, better that action than Hillary continuing her destruction.
Yup and they dont see it. They keep up and now coining anyone a racist or Nazi in the spirit of social justice... They're only going to ensure 8 years of Trump. Keep saying it all the time... Keep vilifying conservatives, call us some sort of phobosisticismist and those who were neutral or just plain didnt vote... They aren't going to want to be associated with a bunch of sore losers looking for a boogyman to pin it upon to cry victim...

When theres rioting, not protesting, rioting over an election, assaults, etc going rabid over Trumps presidency... The need to be wearing a pink hat to show your distaste for locker room banter meanwhile HRC down played slick willys victims is more than hypocritical.

The fact she couldn't even protect the lives of Americans at an embassy, really want me to trust her with the security of the country...
Nevermind the countless other damaging things shes had her hands in...

Old 02-26-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post

If people can't get work, then they will not immigrate. Note that in Houston, most of the lawn services and construction builders seem to employ many illegals. I guess our housing boom would go away if we could not get the cheaper workers.
I encourage people not to hire illegals to cut their grass or do construction. Haven't hired them for years.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:21 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
Sadly i rarely post on this site anymore. Too much hatred and i got sick of being name called. I will give this thread a chance though. (I voted for trump)

The real reasons hillary lost (trump didnt win)

For me i was a never hillary and never bush guy so whoever was against those two was getting my vote. Thank god it wasnt those 2 as choices. Yes if it was jeb vs bernie this conservative would have voted Bernie. I believe this belief was HUGE amongst Trump voters.

Blow it all up! We wanted someone to blow up how things are done in DC. Trump is the man for that.

Finally people dont like it when it's assumed someone will win before the vote is in. They will stay home as a protest or vote against just in spite.
Agreed.

I went for Trump cause I liked Hillary LESS.

Old 02-26-2017, 10:25 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The problem here is twofold, #1 - illegal immigration has declined considerably over the past decade. The literal hordes walking across the desert is a thing of the past. And #2 - like it or not the American economy has a strong reliance on illegal immigrants. No American is going to do the jobs they do for $7.25 an hour.

Everyone - up to and including Jeb Bush - wants to protect our borders. What people do not want is mass Gestapo style roundups of anyone and everyone who looks Hispanic.

Trump supporters wonder why they are called racists, well here's why. Because you are if these are the arguments your using, your making it obvious that the only reason you are so up in arms about illegal immigration is solely because most illegals happen to be Hispanic.
3 things here:

1: so wages need to go UP for Americans and legal aliens.

2: 1 "Hispanic" American in 3 voted FOR Trump.

3: ALL Puerto Ricans are US citizens and; illegal alien Hispanics probably hurt PR's the most.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.