Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2017, 11:18 AM

29,526 posts, read 9,700,562 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Great news, I'd rather get Russian tourists than Syrian and Somalian.
I prefer tourists who look and sound like I do, speak English, Christian, regardless where they are from...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2017, 11:23 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,477,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Right. Comprehension is a problem only for people who are not conservative.

If that sort of notion doesn't more clearly demonstrate who has the comprehension problem(s) here more specifically, I don't know what could...

The eight day period is compared to the same period last year.

Seems the reaction from the better reasoned, informed and conservative pro-Trump folks in this forum either a) dismiss the data as a falsehood without any further explanation and/or b) can't understand or explain what these reports and numbers mean and/or c) don't want to understand or explain what these reports and numbers mean.

There's d) and e) as well, but I'll leave it at this to keep it civil...
All the way though the alphabet to "P" for Pavlovian. They've self trained to a conditioned response to anything even slightly critical of Trump.

Old 03-01-2017, 05:10 PM

50,334 posts, read 63,906,560 times
If tourists are really voting with their feet, then this is the American way. Fine and dandy. I am also voting with my feet. I have not traveled out of the US in years, because there is a perception of unsafety.
If a traveler is worried about getting a hassle, stay home. I am the least likely person to be hassled, yet I really need to want to get somewhere before I will fly anywhere.
Hassles are a part of traveling anywhere these days. The bad people ruin it for the good people.

Old 03-02-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
If tourists are really voting with their feet, then this is the American way. Fine and dandy. I am also voting with my feet. I have not traveled out of the US in years, because there is a perception of unsafety.
If a traveler is worried about getting a hassle, stay home. I am the least likely person to be hassled, yet I really need to want to get somewhere before I will fly anywhere.
Hassles are a part of traveling anywhere these days. The bad people ruin it for the good people.
Just back from Thailand not too long ago. Europe not too long before that. Mexico many times and hoping to return again soon...

All making for some of the most memorable good times for me, my wife and children for many years now. Also for business.

That's about all the want needed for me to travel, "fly anywhere."

Just hoping the hassles don't get much worse, because waiting for TSA to do their thing these days is a lot of time wasted waiting in line, meaning you have to get to the airport a lot earlier than once upon a time. Would be sad too if foreigners stopped visiting America for the same reasons, but either way we let the terrorists win when fear begins to prevent us from going and coming and living the way we should be able.

Oh HELL no!

Old 03-02-2017, 03:56 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,898,350 times
Quote:
I prefer tourists who look and sound like I do, speak English, Christian, regardless where they are from...
Wow! Xenophonia strikes again! I take it you dislike Chinese, Japanese and Indian tourists despite the fact that they spend a lot of money when they visit.

I guess if you were visiting France, you would speak French? Or if you visited Spain, you would speak Castilian Spanish?

Americans expect others to speak English regardless of where they are and what they are doing. We are so provincial.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Wow! Xenophonia strikes again! I take it you dislike Chinese, Japanese and Indian tourists despite the fact that they spend a lot of money when they visit.

I guess if you were visiting France, you would speak French? Or if you visited Spain, you would speak Castilian Spanish?

Americans expect others to speak English regardless of where they are and what they are doing. We are so provincial.
I was kidding! Sarcasm! Kidding!!! Too funny...

I'm bi-lingual and enjoy speaking Spanish when I go to Mexico, but usually it is people in foreign countries who speak English for my benefit. Here in America on the other hand, any foreigner need anyone to speak their language instead of English and it's as if that's cause to make them unwelcome.

My mother couldn't speak a word of English when I was born in Chicago...

Old 03-03-2017, 11:11 AM

1,362 posts, read 873,058 times
Quote:
With that attitude, I'd wager you live somewhere where you don't really have to worry about tourism.

Edit: Sorry... did not catch that it was a joke. That's the level around here. A post like that seems perfectly normal in this setting.

Old 03-03-2017, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bohemka View Post
With that attitude, I'd wager you live somewhere where you don't really have to worry about tourism.

Edit: Sorry... did not catch that it was a joke. That's the level around here. A post like that seems perfectly normal in this setting.
Right. No worries, and also funny since I do live in a tourist town where I hear foreign languages around me all the time, pictures being taken in all directions and mostly smiling faces...

Sometimes a nuisance in some ways, but mostly a good thing I'd hate for Trump to muck up...

Old 03-07-2017, 07:15 AM

6,721 posts, read 6,474,525 times
old thread, but just like we were warned that the stock market would crash if we elected Trump, so goes tourism, lol.

Watters' World: Tourism edition | On Air Videos | Fox News

Liberals, enjoy the fetal position!

Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,951,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
So they are that scared that somehow the president would ruin their vacation? Wow what a bunch of *******
Of course they are. They are scared they won't be able to get in or out of the US, and with good reason. Not being able to actually vacation or return home would ruin anyone's party.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies