Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2017, 07:27 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times

Advertisements

I think a country that still allows boys to be mutilated should just mind its business.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2017, 07:35 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXNative2Houston View Post
Affected *or* at risk. The rates are probably so low in the US that I'm not going to fear it nor believe that this will somehow be adopted...most likely a cultural practice that will drop off drastically over a generation.

Further...you do know that Europeans point to male circumcision as a barbaric and mutilating practice? That's much more widely practiced here.
Has anyone noticed that guys in p o r n stuff these days have had their things worked on (added to) - male mutilation to support.....what? Making a few bucks? Well, I guess that's American religion for you.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:37 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
When I was in college, I was the only one in my large college class who spoke up and said this female genital mutilation butchery was a feminist issue and cruel. Everyone else in this class disagreed with me. Cutting off a girl's clitoral hood, inner and sometimes outer labia, and sewing a girl's vulva together is horrific, but the Leftists, everyone in the class, called me culturally insensitive. Shocking.
Its a horrific act.

So is MGM but most Americans don't care about that.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:37 AM

25,847 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunion Powder View Post
I think a country that still allows boys to be mutilated should just mind its business.
I think someone mutilated your mind .

Old 04-25-2017, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
WOW.

::standing ovation::

You have TOTALLY changed my mind about MGM with such a coherent, well argued counterpoint. Well done PMF, well done.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:42 AM

5,287 posts, read 5,788,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Go on...

Old 04-25-2017, 07:45 AM

23,856 posts, read 13,746,928 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
I do not attend protests but hardcore feminists do and they don't seem to care much about FGM. The big march with the kitty hats would have been a great time to bring public attention to the issue but they talked about blowing up the white house and being naaaasty women.
You are wrong about feminists not caring about FGM. If you actually knew anything about the history of anti-FGM laws in this country, and internationally, you'd know better. It seems to me that anyone who actually cared about this issue would know who it was that has been pushing anti-FGM laws and policies for the past two decades.

Be that as it may, if you don't approve of the fact that there aren't more protests about it, what on earth is stopping you from starting your own group and protesting? It seems you'd rather whine that someone else is obligated to do your protesting for you.

Get off your butt and do something. Or quit whining.

You could start by joining this group - Equality Now

Old 04-25-2017, 07:55 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, male circumcision in US is not a religious thing.
Male circumcision is compulsory for Jews and is commonly practiced among Muslims. Why others jumped on their bandwagon and started doing it in America is beyond me. They didn't do that in Europe. Strange how that just became a fashionable thing to do to little boys.

Old 04-25-2017, 07:56 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Its a horrific act.

So is MGM but most Americans don't care about that.
This is a breathtakingly stupid position to take on the issue, and it makes me wonder about the psychology behind it. Who do you think will be impressed to hear that you equate circumcision with clitoridectomy?

Old 04-25-2017, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This is a breathtakingly stupid position to take on the issue, and it makes me wonder about the psychology behind it. Who do you think will be impressed to hear that you equate circumcision with clitoridectomy?
What is breathtakingly stupid is anyone who is obviously not educated on exactly what MGM does to men being so flippant about it.

I don't give a crap who is impressed and who is not.

MGM is no better than FGM.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies