Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 07:04 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dothetwist View Post
The problem is that TX law requires HS athletes to compete based on the gender listed on their birth certificates.
The other side of that where boys are competing against girls is an even bigger can of worms.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:05 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Cheating indicates breaking the rules. The UIL reviewed Mack Beggs situation and made a ruling that it complies with the regulations thus not breaking rules but required him to compete with the girls league.

Does it give him an unfair advantage over the other girls? Of course!

That's why pretty much everyone, parent's, student's, coaches, and Mack Beggs wanted him to compete with the boys. Many have come forward indicating that their complaints are not targeting Mack Beggs but UIL ruling and regulations that forced him to compete against girls.

This is why the lawsuit named UIL not Mack Beggs.
It's not fair to allow this even wrestling the boys. There are boys that do not develop like other boys also.

Do we allow the 110 lb 16 year old take performance enhancing drugs so they can make the football team?

Do we tell the rest of the kids that you can't actually tackle #37 because he has a medical condition that could harm him if he is hit hard in the head?

People get dealt bad hands. We either make the rules for everyone or no one.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:06 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,023,289 times
Quote:
That's why pretty much everyone, parent's, student's, coaches, and Mack Beggs wanted him to compete with the boys. Many have come forward indicating that their complaints are not targeting Mack Beggs but UIL ruling and regulations that forced him to compete against girls.
And when a biological boy would be allowed to compete against the girls?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:12 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
No one should be competing while using performance enhancing drugs. No one.
I think this is considered an unreasonable stance by most athletic organizations and thus they do make exceptions. Just because a particular drug is label as a performance enhancing drug, it doesn't mean an unfair advantage will result. It the very least dose versus weight is a factor... and also how it is administered.

I take steroids based medication to reduce inflammation in my air ways. I'm not exactly "enhanced"... far from it lol. If an dedicated student athlete training months for competition comes down with an illness and the best treatment is a drug listed as a PED, I think it would be unfair to immediately dismiss them from competition without consideration the end effects of the treatment.... If it were me, I'd rather not get treated and that would actually worse situation for the child's health.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:13 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Nope. The NCAA spells it out explicitly.

A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who has received a medical exception for treatment with testosterone for diagnosed Gender Identity Disorder or gender dysphoria and/or Transsexualism, for purposes of NCAA competition may compete on a men’s team, but is no longer eligible to compete on a women’s team without changing that team status to a mixed team.

A trans male (FTM) student-athlete who is not taking testosterone related to gender transition may participate on a men’s or women’s team.

https://www.transathlete.com/policies-college
Expect that to change after lawsuits are filed. Using testosterone boosters is performance enhancement doping. If transgenders can use performance enhancers based solely on non-discrimination of gender identity, so can cisgenders who identify as their birth gender.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 AM

17,156 posts, read 12,949,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikelee81 View Post
Simply bored at the moment. Yep done with this topic. Time for it to die a natural death instead of repeating the same nonsense over and over again to no avail.

It's a state issue now thankfully to the Trump administration.
Of course. Trump has to deal with an issue of TG people in bathrooms rather than things like taxation, jobs, this enormous crime rate he harped on about during campaign, or healthcare. After all, transgender people going to the bathroom is so much more important Conservatives want it both ways. He is competing according to his biological sex, which is female. So he did. If he had competed as a male, they would have complained that he should not have been allowed to compete as a male because he's fake, mentally ill, and not a boy. But he competed as a female and won, end of story. The only way they would have been happy is if he had been banned from competing or lost the competition.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
I think this is considered an unreasonable stance by most athletic organizations and thus they do make exceptions. Just because a particular drug is label as a performance enhancing drug, it doesn't mean an unfair advantage will result. It the very least dose versus weight is a factor... and also how it is administered.
It doesn't change how one is made up? It doesn't add bulk and muscle?

Why should one be able to add bulk and muscle but not another?

Quote:
I take steroids based medication to reduce inflammation in my air ways. I'm not exactly "enhanced"... far from it lol. If an dedicated student athlete training months for competition comes down with an illness and the best treatment is a drug listed as a PED, I think it would be unfair to immediately dismiss them from competition without consideration the end effects of the treatment.... If it were me, I'd rather not get treated and that would actually worse situation for the child's health.
It doesn't matter. Test positive and you are out. Change it for all or not at all.

You want a school full of athletes on performance enhancing drugs?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 AM

4,437 posts, read 7,670,391 times
What political cover is Texas......?

Old 02-26-2017, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Of course. Trump has to deal with an issue of TG people in bathrooms rather than things like taxation, jobs, this enormous crime rate he harped on about during campaign, or healthcare. After all, transgender people going to the bathroom is so much more important Conservatives want it both ways. He is competing according to his biological sex, which is female. So he did. If he had competed as a male, they would have complained that he should not have been allowed to compete as a male because he's fake, mentally ill, and not a boy. But he competed as a female and won, end of story. The only way they would have been happy is if he had been banned from competing or lost the competition.
There are girls wrestling on boys team all over the country. I've seen no riots over it.

Old 02-26-2017, 07:18 AM

15,070 posts, read 10,089,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxtGen View Post
That is not a problem. It is insanity as the girl is a girl, not a boy. The problem is that due to idiocy of the people making decisions today, they see nothing wrong with allowing a girl to call themselves a boy, then use a performance enhancing drug to compete against other girls.

In a society that isn't ran by idiots, the girl would have never been pandered to for her mental illness of wanting to be a boy and she would have never been enabled by giving her steroids.

The problem isn't the TX law, it is the fact that people are completely stupid.
I understand you don't like the notion of transgender.. however, it is just your opinion. Rules can be placed that doesn't allow a boy to simply say "I'm a girl" just to compete unfairly. NCAA for example wouldn't have allowed Mack Beggs to compete in the girls league. Transgender itself isn't considered a mental illness.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies