Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2017, 11:04 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,108,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
He did leave Trump a convoluted mess and by some accounts intentionally sabotaged him in the last weeks in office which could possibly be criminal.
Trump inherited the best US economy in nearly a decade, after Obama inhereted a financial crisis and two wars.

I swear people type whatever they want to on here and actually believe its factual.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2017, 11:06 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,531,346 times
Talking Will the media ever acknowledge just how inept the Obama Presidency was?

Whutchew talkin' bout Willis?

That's ALL Fox News and hate radio have been doing for months.

Carry on.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
What to make of Trump's choice of Goldman Sachs folks for his administration and cuts in expenses except military then, and let's not get started on all the rest that Trump supporters seem fully willing to accept and/or ignore when it comes to the facts of these matters...
I'm NOT a Trump supporter so this is 100% irrelevant.

Quote:
Look. It's hard to find anyone who is really FOR being in these wars that we are finally learning are pointless.
No, we knew this years ago. The protests under Bush were just for fun?

Quote:
The problem of people getting away with fraud in the financial industry is also fairly universal. Everyone wants to be able to count on -- and afford -- health care. I am very sure that if Obama or Trump could simply wave a magic wand to resolve these issues to the satisfaction of most Americans, they would, and surely if it were that easy given our near 20 some-trillion dollar economy, all those "movers and shakers" in the private sector, also the 535 members of Congress and all that special interest money flowing back-and-forth to insure the status quo that keeps those revenues flowing their way, an ever-more interconnected global economy, and all the rest..., it would have been done already!
For me to vote someone they do not have to appeal to everyone. They have to appeal to me.

Quote:
Really can't blame or credit GW or Obama as much as we would like, not if it is the truth about these challenges we are really interested in considering. Nor can we hope Trump will do much better in many of the most important respects. At a minimum, everyone needs to much better understand the powerful forces at work regardless the POTUS, and only then can anyone be in a position to truly understand what needs to be done to make America BETTER, as should be our ongoing common goal.
Third party, baby!!

Old 02-27-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Trump inherited the best US economy in nearly a decade, after Obama inhereted a financial crisis and two wars.

I swear people type whatever they want to on here and actually believe its factual.
If you think this is a great economy. I do not.

Wealth inequality in the U.S. is 10 times worse than income inequality | Fortune.com

https://economix.blogs.nytimes.com/2...wing-too/?_r=0

During Obama

Old 02-27-2017, 11:11 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,050,932 times
Will the media ever acknowledge just how inept the Obama Presidency was?

Not the liberal-biased MSM. . . not unless the owners became conservative, or new owners are conservative.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:12 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the subject. The fact is Obama has left us in far worse shape security wise than when he took office. The economy is good, but he doubled the debt getting us here.
Based on Trump's grand plans for spending a fortune on walls and tanks, I daresay you're about to see it double.

Come on... you cannot be a fiscal conservative when there's a Democrat in office and become a free-wheeling spender once you have a RINO sitting in there.

It's hypocritical to think that way.

Or, do you think that Trump should also curb spending?

Old 02-27-2017, 11:18 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by soupson1 View Post
A strongly held opinion isn't the same thing as a fact. The Democratic party has 11 fewer Senate seats, 63 fewer House seats, and more than a dozen fewer governorships, than when Obama took office. Democrats lost more than 800 seats in state legislatures, and control both the governor’s mansion and the legislature in just six states.
With results like that - Obama's the best present Republicans have ever had! MsM will not.
If you might notice the ground-swell of fear(s) about Muslim immigration in Europe, and here. The source of Brexit overseas, the angst about Hispanics here, the growing anti-PC sentiments, even Trump's comments utterly disrespectful of women along with all the rest he has done to fuel a sense of empowerment for conservative older white males who feel they have been wronged and left behind...

None of that bodes well for Democrats or liberals who don't see things the same way, and so we see the political tables turned more than just a bit, even if it is NOT a majority of Americans that helped Trump to become POTUS.

No matter...

All to the glee of those who see Bannon's direction, for example, also good for the country. To the absolute disappointment who saw Obama's direction as the far better way, disappointed though most Americans are likely to find themselves after another four years of misguided finger-pointing transpires.

No matter how you look at what is happening in America today, it tends to be complicated...

"Angry White Men talks at length about the “manosphere” on the internet, and the rise of the men’s rights movement. Men’s rights activists have long complained of the ways that government policies penalize men – divorce and alimony laws, for example, or benefits designed for single mothers but not single fathers. Do you think with Trump in office, the MRAs may actually influence change in legislation and policy?

The group that I think has a point is the fathers, or some of the fathers. Some of the fathers’ rights groups who blame women, blame feminism – I don’t have much sympathy for them. But I do think that the courts have not kept pace with changes in society. Fathers have changed. Far more men now are involved in childcare. But our laws were really designed for the Don Draper era, when men were absentee landlords at home. So in some respects, some of these guys really have gotten a bad deal."

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ngry-white-men

Old 02-27-2017, 11:35 AM

29,547 posts, read 9,713,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
I'm NOT a Trump supporter so this is 100% irrelevant.
To you maybe, but there are others reading and commenting in this thread, not just you, and quite frankly, I tend to think of most of the others when I respond to any comment. AKA, the world doesn't revolve around you, but your comments do seem to send others into orbit quite often.

Not that there is anything wrong with that!

Old 02-27-2017, 11:36 AM

13,602 posts, read 4,929,902 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the subject. The fact is Obama has left us in far worse shape security wise than when he took office. The economy is good, but he doubled the debt getting us here.
What is the evidence that we're in far worse shape security-wise?

Yes, the economy is good. Much, much better than what Obama inherited.
And why has the debt grown so much? 1) massive tax cuts enacted under Bush. Obama was only able to roll those back for the top 1% due to Republican resistance 2) stimulus spending and unemployment benefits related to the Great Recession, and 3) Cost of the Iraq War, which didn't end until 2011.

I know, you'll say Obama can't blame everything on Bush. But the increases in federal debt were by far largest from 2008 - 2012, when we were paying the price for all of the above. Deficits in the past 4 years have been in line with historical norms.

Old 02-27-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by learnme View Post
to you maybe, but there are others reading and commenting in this thread, not just you, and quite frankly, i tend to think of most of the others when i respond to any comment. Aka, the world doesn't revolve around you, but your comments do seem to send others into orbit quite often.

Not that there is anything wrong with that!
lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies