Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 12:20 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,642,048 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
Haven't seen any, we'll all as happy as larks, we have a real man, a real leader in office now...
Uh... on what planet??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy ol' Man View Post
30 days in office and he has already done amazing things.. Telling
falsehoods may make you feel better, but it isn't true...
It's nice having delusions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Damn happy every day. It's a true blessing to have a real American in the White House. With American values and fighting for American Rights. And not afraid to tell the rest of the world to go to hell.

Please describe what a real American is. What are American values and rights, in your mind?

I guess some think that it is appropriate having a supposed "leader" be condescending, rude, childish, uninformed, unpleasant, self-involved, unknowledgeable, tactless and non-presidential, blurting out non-facts with nothing positive to offer those in the country or elsewhere.

Others appreciate and desire real leadership in a President - knowledge, trust, warmth, intelligence, honesty, fairness, equality, sanity, a sense of security and care for all.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:21 AM

37,056 posts, read 42,015,227 times
Every POTUS learns on the job, the difference is that Trump is learning how to politic as well as President. He may never master the politic part since that seems to be a career path set by people at a younger age, but he may master the President part.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:23 AM

51,580 posts, read 25,554,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
Every POTUS learns on the job, the difference is that Trump is learning how to politic as well as President. He may never master the politic part since that seems to be a career path set by people at a younger age, but he may master the President part.
He better get right on it. There's no time to tarry.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:19 AM

10,719 posts, read 20,228,272 times
Because Republicans didn't seek to Destroy Obama when he was in the White House...great point OP

Old 02-27-2017, 02:43 AM

2,914 posts, read 2,673,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
I said it once and I'll say it again, I do not want a president in the white house who is learning as he goes just as I won't want to be operated on by a surgeon who has never performed surgery.

I gave him a chance and one month of incompetence is all I need.... our democracy and lives are at stake here.
Democrat Jimmy Carter was a peanut farmer. Ronald Reagan was an actor.
incompetence???? Trump is doing everything he said he would do.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:49 AM

26,860 posts, read 15,085,917 times
Quote:
I said it once and I'll say it again, I do not want a president in the white house who is learning as he goes just as I won't want to be operated on by a surgeon who has never performed surgery.

I gave him a chance and one month of incompetence is all I need.... our democracy and lives are at stake here.

I can't believe this.

Old 02-27-2017, 02:51 AM

26,860 posts, read 15,085,917 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Congress was incredibly obstructionist during Obama's tenure. A group of senators, including I believe Orrin Hatch made an agreement that they would block anything he tried to do, even if it was best for the country. That's terrible, ( borders on treason imho ) and I don't want to see a repeat.

Never heard or read this anywhere.

Where are you pulling it out from?

The point was they offered no support for anything that was not good for the country.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:11 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,448,431 times
Perhaps the thread should have read, "Fellow Democrats, Your efforts to destroy the Abnormal President is much appreciated! Keep up the good work!

Old 02-27-2017, 03:21 AM

33,507 posts, read 18,016,900 times
Quote:

Well , Obama was no experienced guy. Did you forget that? Obama was a slick lawyer and knew to cover his tracks , watched every word so he could mislead everyone. And even on occasion Obama blatantly lied about Obamacare, Benghazi and hid the fact he worked with the IRS to tamper with those who supported a Republican candidate. Obama the snake lawyer who crafted his sentences to hide his agenda.

On the other hand we have a man who is so honest, he just says it like it is..no PC, puts in his opinion and the news runs with it saying Trump is lying. So get real. Trump is real and tells us what we don't want to hear , the huge problems we have because the democrats have sugar coated it all for years and did nothing about drugs pouring over our borders, illegals feel so free here some of them rape , steal, murder, lie and bring drugs . Americans are tired of the slap on the wrist and released ..

Since when do we get away with anything illegal? No , we have to make sure we have a drivers license, insurance, permit to do anything here. We have to follow the codes of the town, do not break any traffic laws and if we do we are fined and penalized. We have to tow the line and we are told , ignorance is no excuse. We must know the law and follow it.

Last edited by Taratova; 02-27-2017 at 03:46 AM..

Old 02-27-2017, 04:58 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,470,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In2itive_1 View Post
Uh... on what planet??

It's nice having delusions.

Please describe what a real American is. What are American values and rights, in your mind?

I guess some think that it is appropriate having a supposed "leader" be condescending, rude, childish, uninformed, unpleasant, self-involved, unknowledgeable, tactless and non-presidential, blurting out non-facts with nothing positive to offer those in the country or elsewhere.

Others appreciate and desire real leadership in a President - knowledge, trust, warmth, intelligence, honesty, fairness, equality, sanity, a sense of security and care for all.
A real American to the Reich is a straight, non Jewish/Muslim/athiest Joe Six Pack from flyover country or the south. Where if you are LGBT, Jewish/Muslim/athiest or from the coasts or the 1% (except Chester Cheetah for some reason) you are not a real American or are a communist/zionist
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies