Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-26-2017, 11:23 AM

25,803 posts, read 16,451,635 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What's to blame for Republican insanity, then?
Honestly the only rants I see from Republicans on SM are in response to these goofy Democrats who just can't get on with their lives. Trump could possibly be the most moderate Republican Presidents possible. Why all the crazy hatred?

I'll tell you why, because you are being influenced to dislike Trump by the media that is owned by the globalists. Trump is an outsider to them. He's a huge monkey wrench in their plans.

Why didn't Reagan receive all this hate? He was nothing compared to Trump when elected. He was a B list actor. He was more conservative and actively tried to break unions and help corporations raid their pension plans. I had it figured out back then. I voted against him twice. I ripped him in front of all his followers and I did it face to face, we didn't have the Internet back then.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:27 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
How about Obama? A community organizer who spend a few years in the Senate accomplishing nothing wasn't equally as incompetent? We suffered for 8 years of gridlock because President Obama did not have the background, intelligence or both to work with all parties.
Congress was incredibly obstructionist during Obama's tenure. A group of senators, including I believe Orrin Hatch made an agreement that they would block anything he tried to do, even if it was best for the country. That's terrible, ( borders on treason imho ) and I don't want to see a repeat.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:29 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,504,056 times
Last time it was this bad, some serious crap went down at Ford Theater and the Calvary was sent in, no questions asked to shut them up once an for all, those that lost and still wanted to fight.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:29 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,471,341 times
Quote:
Mr. Van Dyk was active over 40 years in Democratic national policy and politics. He is author of “Heroes, Hacks and Fools” (University of Washington Press, 2007). Source: WSJ
Sounds like Mr. Van Dyk has experience writing about people like Donald Trump.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM

2,240 posts, read 1,382,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
To compare Trump to Obama is like comparing a professional athlete to a JV. Obama goes down in history as the 12th best president while Trump will be lucky if he doesn't get impeached or wheeled out the white house in a straight jacket. He isn't fit to be our president nor is he legitimate.

Enough said.
I don't think the term JV is in your best interest.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:31 AM
exm exm started this thread

3,713 posts, read 1,765,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
Congress was incredibly obstructionist during Obama's tenure. A group of senators, including I believe Orrin Hatch made an agreement that they would block anything he tried to do, even if it was best for the country. That's terrible, ( borders on treason imho ) and I don't want to see a repeat.
They blocked him since Obama didn't want to work with them. It takes Presidential leadership, you know.

And if you don't want to see a repeat, you must be disgusted with the Senate Democrats and their obstructionism?

Old 02-26-2017, 11:38 AM
exm exm started this thread

3,713 posts, read 1,765,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kimchee View Post
To compare Trump to Obama is like comparing a professional athlete to a JV. Obama goes down in history as the 12th best president while Trump will be lucky if he doesn't get impeached or wheeled out the white house in a straight jacket. He isn't fit to be our president nor is he legitimate.

Enough said.

That's the funniest thing I read today. Oh, you're referring to these liberals "judging Presidents"?

Obama is rated higher than Bill Clinton. Makes sense?

Did you READ the Survey? You probably didn't. Here it is: http://www.politico.com/f/?id=000001...f-ffff4eae0001

I'm sure you agree with all their ratings and categories. I think it's a joke. But I'm sure it will make people like you feel better.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:38 AM

14,888 posts, read 12,049,150 times
Quote:
How about Obama? A community organizer who spend a few years in the Senate accomplishing nothing wasn't equally as incompetent? We suffered for 8 years of gridlock because President Obama did not have the background, intelligence or both to work with all parties.
To that I would add that Obama did not have the intention or desire to work with all parties. He expected the GOP to capitulate, and for the most part they did.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:43 AM

13,586 posts, read 13,077,256 times
Quote:
They blocked him since Obama didn't want to work with them. It takes Presidential leadership, you know.

And if you don't want to see a repeat, you must be disgusted with the Senate Democrats and their obstructionism?
I actually haven't followed it that closely. I thought the protests were premature. The dude hadn't even done anything wrong yet and people were taking to the streets. I'm unaware of anything the Senate blocked because so far, Trumps done most of his changes by executive order, and his cabinet members have been approved.

I really really wish they'd roll out a Medicare for Everyone solution for healthcare, but it doesn't look like that's on the table. I saw a leaked study, and it's massive cuts. I don't like his cabinet picks so far. I like the focus on jobs, but these cabinet members are scary, and to have Bannon usurping the joint chiefs at the national security meetings is troubling.

His education secretary doesn't like public education ( just what we need. More unskilled labor, right? ) and the EPA guy wanted the agency shut down, as did Ryan with the DOE. These things are disturbing.

Old 02-26-2017, 11:46 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,690,855 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
You're not watching then. There's nothing you can do..

Oh, yes there is ! We are watching Trump self destruct day by day. If you think he is going to stay in there for 4 years, you are sadly mistaken. Too many people are against this mad man right now, his days are numbered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.