Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2017, 07:14 AM

62,866 posts, read 29,103,656 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
I didn't say all conservatives; I said most. My opinion is based on endless articles, threads, posts, and some conversations with conservative people and their viewpoint is basically the same: "God forbid anyone ask me to part with MY money, especially not to help lazy people on welfare. Because people on welfare are usually lazy and should get a better job and earn more money for themselves."

Saying "most" is stereotyping. I don't know of a singe conservative that doesn't want to help the truly poor and needy. It's the lazy ones on welfare we don't want to support and not all on welfare are lazy. See the difference?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2017, 07:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I went shopping today in the same area as our social services. It was depressing to see their parking lot full of what looked like Hispanics. It made me angry to see so many of our overtaxed taxpayers being oppressed and our government catering to those who are taking advantage of us. What is wrong with our citizens that they don't support our old, military, and overworked citizens? People on Medicare and Social Security who have paid in for years are called entitled. Some in congress cannot wait to take that away and steal from the American citizen again while they generously shell out to Hispanics. They are a total drain on the American citizen while companies are reaping the reward. We know what is going on and congress better get off their bottoms and start supporting Trump. They are a bunch of lazy good-for-nothings. Republicans have the votes to do what should be done. No more excuses. DO YOUR JOBS.

Saw a post on Facebook about the difference between Mexico and their immigrants and the USA and our welfare state for the Hispanics. 25% of people in this country are Hispanic. 1% of Mexico is immigrants. Difference? They jail illegal immigrants. We feed, clothe, house, educate, and provide free medical care for them in this country.

Problem is we are destroying our country while providing for their citizens and then they are marching and bad mouthing us for it. No appreciation whatsoever.

Before the news that "dreamers" will not be deported our exercise center was no longer Hispanic City. Now all you hear is !@#$%^ again. No one in this country illegally should be comfortable enough to go around speaking anything but English. At the very least learn our language.

I totally agree with you.

Old 02-28-2017, 07:36 AM

10,832 posts, read 14,927,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
No, no a thousand times no. It's not an investment. It's giving money from those who are working, to those who are NOT working. The money is p*ssed away.

It's also teaching them how to rig the system so they continue to take from the government. Those percentages are breathtaking. 87% of these people are on the Dole.

It's time to take a Time Out and turn off the spigot.
It is changing our political landscape and soon enough we will lose the country our forefathers fought for.

For example take the far left blue state of California. Do you realize that 27 percent of the population of California were born outside the United States and somehow we are supposed to celebrate this garbage?

Old 02-28-2017, 08:43 AM

33,547 posts, read 18,143,148 times
The reason American blue collar workers voted Trump is ,they don't want welfare!!They want jobs. Illegals come for services and a paycheck. They cheat and rob our country. They have no sense of what is right. They sneak here to get services and welfare.

Old 02-28-2017, 08:52 AM

2,013 posts, read 1,428,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hispanics seem to be the only ones who can't be bothered to learn the language of their adopted country.

Why is that?

My grandparents spoke German.....they DID NOT teach their children German because they wanted them to speak ENGLISH. My mother only knew one phrase in German...."Shut the door!" LOL

If an immigrant wants to be accepted in this country the first thing they need to do is learn English!

If you do not want to assimilate, stay in your own country.
My parents came over from Czechoslovakia, I was born here. My folks were entirely capable of speaking either language but I spoke Czech a couple of years before I learned English because that was my parent's native language and we used it at home and with their friends.

Learning one does not exclude the other and I feel my life is richer because I know both languages. It's not necessary to ignore your cultural background and heritage.

It sure as heck didn't stop me from assimilating in any way, shape or form.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unihills View Post
My parents came over from Czechoslovakia, I was born here. My folks were entirely capable of speaking either language but I spoke Czech a couple of years before I learned English because that was my parent's native language and we used it at home and with their friends.

Learning one does not exclude the other and I feel my life is richer because I know both languages. It's not necessary to ignore your cultural background and heritage.

It sure as heck didn't stop me from assimilating in any way, shape or form.

Linguistic assimilation is about speaking English in public most of the time or whenever possible. I don't care what language one chooses to speak at home.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:07 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Democrats creating a strong voting block.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:09 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,902,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
Question: How wealthy were your ancestors when they came here ? Did all of them have jobs immediately waiting ? I bet not. These people need a hand, are we too good now to help our fellow man?
None of my ancestors went on social services and in fact actually worked hard and made something of themselves.

Many of these "immigrants" are coming over here and getting on social services.

Sorry, these people aren't asking for a hand, they are asking for a hand out.

Old 02-28-2017, 09:22 AM

8,103 posts, read 6,745,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hispanics seem to be the only ones who can't be bothered to learn the language of their adopted country.

Why is that?

My grandparents spoke German.....they DID NOT teach their children German because they wanted them to speak ENGLISH. My mother only knew one phrase in German...."Shut the door!" LOL

If an immigrant wants to be accepted in this country the first thing they need to do is learn English!

If you do not want to assimilate, stay in your own country.
This was also true in my family. My Grandfather came from Germany and my mother and her siblings were only permitted to speak English at home.

I grew up in NYC and very few of the immigrants that I interacted with, and there were many in my job as a LEO, spoke English.

Old 02-28-2017, 03:20 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
The reason American blue collar workers voted Trump is ,they don't want welfare!!They want jobs. Illegals come for services and a paycheck. They cheat and rob our country. They have no sense of what is right. They sneak here to get services and welfare.
This is pure unadulterated horse hockey. They come to work while native borns would rather sit on their tush. That's why there was an opening for foreign workers in the first place. There wasn't an "invasion". There were fewer entry level young workers due to declining birth rates and many of those young workers we had weren't interested in back breaking low pay work. It was a case of supply and demand. If illegals had such a crappy work ethic as you suggest, no employer would hire them.

Last edited by Bureaucat; 02-28-2017 at 03:29 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies