Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-27-2017, 04:20 PM

27,141 posts, read 15,318,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by upgrader View Post
You'll never get agreement on what sites are questionable or reputable.

I like "mediabiasfactcheck" that rates websites from extreme-left, to extreme-right, and several other categories.

"TD Newswire" is rated questionable with an "extreme right" bias.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/td-newswire/

Another way to gauge a website is just looking at the headlines on its homepage. https://tdnewswire.com/

Who checks media fact check?

Old 02-27-2017, 04:24 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Seriously? Now we're getting entire press releases?

How about the OP describe his interpretation of the wonderful things President Snowflake has done, in his own words rather than copying and pasting an entire press release. Kind of makes it look like you work for Spicy.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:35 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Did you read the regulations in question?
I did. Trump got rid of a reasonable rule that would have, well you can read it yourself.

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/in...es-coal-mining

Old 02-27-2017, 04:39 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Is drinking polluted water a good thing? Because that regulation was to help clean up the streams. Now coal companies can dump their waste easier into everyone's drinking and agricultural water supply. How is this a good thing?
The Left always argues that Republican want to poison the water and the air. It's nothing but propaganda. Has the water been proven to be polluted? Has it been tested? Of course, the coal companies can't wait to dump toxins into the streams. Their evil capitalists. Right?

If Leftists had their way, we'd still be riding in buggies pulled by horses, like the Amish. And we'd be riding bicycles too. We wouldn't have computers, and we'd be growing pest infested crops without pesticides, and producing far less food as a result. Then you would have a real reason to complain about "over population" because we wouldn't be able to produce enough food.

Forget meat. We wouldn't be allowed to raise animals for meat, because slaughtering animals is cruel. Besides, cattle farts are contributing to "global warming."

And we'd be relying on a fireplace for heat, because we don't want to burn heating oil. But we'd be using trees, so wood would be rationed.

We would have to find a substitute for wood in construction (using trees, again). And we would have to go back to candles for lighting (electricity depends largely on those bad fossil fuels. Can't have hydro power, because we can't dam the streams ...fish migration.

We might have to return to living in mud huts.

Nothing humans do pleases the Left. We should all commit suicide so that the animals and plants can have their world back.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:41 PM

11,782 posts, read 5,795,007 times
Quote:
My question is, do you consider toxic water to be an achievement?
And where are the facts that point to that exactly? It's been 30 days - the regulations have just been repealed and already the water is toxic? Don't think so - but there is something toxic going around here!

Old 02-27-2017, 04:42 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
So you want to drink polluted water from coal waste?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Staggerlee666 View Post
I think he/she already has drank that water and it is showing in this thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
That Trump Kool-Aid is a potent intoxicant.
Wow. You guys really aren't taking Trump's yuge successes very well. It's addled your ability to discuss it with logic or fact.

The OP posts facts that demonstrate that President Trump's WH is running as a smooth machine despite the constant commentary like this from the small minority. No wonder his press secretary has better ratings than CNN by 2X. The people are excited at what new news the Trump administration is bringing.

Old 02-27-2017, 04:46 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
The Left always argues that Republican want to poison the water and the air. It's nothing but propaganda. Has the water been proven to be polluted? Has it been tested? Of course, the coal companies can't wait to dump toxins into the streams. Their evil capitalists. Right?

If Leftists had their way, we'd still be riding in buggies pulled by horses, like the Amish. And we'd be riding bicycles too. We wouldn't have computers, and we'd be growing pest infested crops without pesticides, and producing far less food as a result. Then you would have a real reason to complain about "over population" because we wouldn't be able to produce enough food.

Forget meat. We wouldn't be allowed to raise animals for meat, because slaughtering animals is cruel. Besides, cattle farts are contributing to "global warming."

And we'd be relying on a fireplace for heat, because we don't want to burn heating oil. But we'd be using trees, so wood would be rationed.

We would have to find a substitute for wood in construction (using trees, again). And we would have to go back to candles for lighting (electricity depends largely on those bad fossil fuels. Can't have hydro power, because we can't dam the streams ...fish migration.

We might have to return to living in mud huts.

Nothing humans do pleases the Left. We should all commit suicide so that the animals and plants can have their world back.
Lol, thanks for the laugh

Old 02-27-2017, 04:59 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Jump starting Job Creation: President Trump is looking out for American workers that Washington has left behind.
  • Signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering the United States to withdraw from the Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations and agreement
  • Hosted the CEO of Intel to announce Intel’s plan to invest $7 billion in a United States factory that will create 10,000 American jobs
  • Signed a Presidential Memorandum to clear roadblocks to construction of the Keystone XL Pipeline Signed a Presidential Memorandum declaring that the Dakota Access Pipeline serves the national interest and initiating the process to complete construction
  • Signed a Presidential Memorandum ordering that all new pipeline construction and repair work use materials and equipment from the United States
  • Signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 38, to block the burdensome Stream Protection Rule from causing further harm to the coal industry
  • Signed legislation, House Joint Resolution 41, to eliminate a costly regulation that threatened to put domestic extraction companies and their employees at an unfair disadvantage
Saving Taxpayers Money: President Trump is fighting to save Americans’ hard-earned tax dollars.
  • Saved Americans $700 million on a new batch of F-35 fighters
  • Capped the cost of Boeing’s next-generation Air Force One fleet at millions below that which was agreed to by the Obama administration
Restoring Public Safety: President Trump will work to reduce the threats of crime and illegal immigration to public safety.
  • Signed an Executive Order to enhance the safety and security of the United States by, among other things, constructing a wall on the southern border
  • Signed an Executive Order to make sure Federal immigration laws are faithfully enforced throughout the country and that Americans’ tax dollars do not go to jurisdictions that obstruct the enforcement of immigration laws
  • Signed an Executive Order that directs the Attorney General to develop a strategy to more effectively prosecute people who engage in crimes against law enforcement officers
  • Signed an Executive Order that establishes a task force, led by the new Attorney General, to reduce crime and restore public safety in communities across America
  • Signed an Executive Order that re-focuses the Federal Government’s energy and resources on dismantling transnational criminal organizations, such as drug cartels
Getting Government Out of the Way: President Trump understands that excessive regulations stifle job-creation and harm our businesses.
  • Signed an Executive Order instructing Federal agencies “to minimize the burden” of the Affordable Care Act Required that for every new Federal regulation, two existing regulations be eliminated
  • Directed the Commerce Department to streamline Federal permitting processes for domestic manufacturing and to reduce regulatory burdens on domestic manufacturers
  • Signed an Executive Order expediting the environmental review and approval processes for domestic infrastructure projects
An America First Foreign Policy: The President’s first priority is the safety and security of the American people
  • Department of the Treasury sanctioned 25 entities and individuals involved in Iran’s ballistic missile program
  • Signed a Presidential Memorandum directing the Secretary of Defense to work with other Cabinet members to develop a plan to defeat ISIS
  • Called or met with more than 30 foreign leaders
Draining the Swamp: President Trump has taken action to ensure that all members of his Administration are working for the American people.
  • Signed an Executive Order establishing new ethics commitments for all Executive branch appointees, putting in place a five-year lobbying ban and a permanent ban on lobbying for foreign governments, so appointees serve the American people instead of their own interests
  • Put in place a hiring freeze for Federal civilian employees to stop the growth of a bloated government
And more.....

https://tdnewswire.com/call-guinness...and-amaze-you/

a lot of typing but weak on facts.

F35 was scheduled we have the proof that the "new" pricing is almost exactly inline with the predicted prices as listed in 2014 before Trump even decided to run..

airforce one you provide no Numbers because none exist. Trump was just talking and saying things, there is nothing to suggest there were any real changes, plus pretty much every American is fine spending an extra few hundred million to protect our POTUS whoever he is.

intel plant has been announced more times than Trump has bragged about his electoral win... Plenty of thread here with links to earlier builds of the infamous fab 42... maybe they are ready maybe not, Trump has less to do with it than my buddy from Applied.

TPP was a long term project that was not about new jobs so much as it was about slowing our fall to 2nd place.

The Muslim ban is bs, and did nothing to change any vetting procedures todate. Not one new change, and if I am wrong point it out , show us the link.

All they are doing is hassling people and turning people back if they can find any excuse. That does nothing, never has. Obama on the other hand put in place the most rigorous process to vet Refugees the USA has ever had. If you think this type of security matters, send Obama a thank you note.

Frankly what I see in your big list is just Trumpy hype. No meat, no real deal jobs. Just hype and look at me nonsense.

Old 02-27-2017, 05:08 PM

59,059 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
So you want to drink polluted water from coal waste?
And some can't understand how they lost 1,000 political seats since 2009!

Old 02-27-2017, 05:09 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
I did. Trump got rid of a reasonable rule that would have, well you can read it yourself.

https://www.doi.gov/pressreleases/in...es-coal-mining
Um, no, this is the rule...

https://www.federalregister.gov/docu...rotection-rule

SUPPLEMENTARY INFORMATION:

Table of Contents

I. Executive Summary
II. Why are we revising our regulations?
III. What opportunity did we provide for public comment on the proposed rule and supporting documents?
IV. What general comments did we receive on the proposed rule?
V. Tabular Summaries of Revisions and Organizational Changes
VI. How do our final regulations differ from our proposed regulations?
A. Section 700.11(d): Termination and Reassertion of Jurisdiction
B. Section 701.5: Definitions
C. Section 701.16: How will the stream protection rule apply to existing and future permits and permit applications?
D. Part 773: Requirements for Permits and Permit Processing
1. Section 773.5: How must the regulatory authority coordinate the permitting process with requirements under other laws?
2. Section 773.7: How and when will the regulatory authority review and make a decision on a permit application?
3. Section 773.15: What findings must the regulatory authority make before approving a permit application?
4. Section 773.17: What conditions must the regulatory authority place on each permit issued?
5. Section 773.20: What actions must the regulatory authority take when a permit is issued on the basis of inaccurate information?
E. Part 774: Revision; Renewal; Transfer, Assignment, or Sale of Permit Rights; Post-Permit Issuance Requirements
1. Section 774.10: When must the regulatory authority review a permit?
2. Section 774.15: How may I renew a permit?
F. Part 777: General Content Requirements for Permit Applications
1. Section 777.11: What are the format and content requirements for permit applications?
2. Section 777.13: What requirements apply to the collection, analysis, and reporting of technical data and to the use of models?
3. Section 777.14: What general requirements apply to maps and plans?
4. Section 777.15: What information must my application include to be administratively complete?
G. Part 779: Surface Mining Permit Applications—Minimum Requirements for Information on Environmental Resources and Conditions
1. Section 779.1: What does this part do?
2. Section 779.2: What is the objective of this part?
3. Why are we removing 30 CFR 779.11 and 779.12?
4. Section 779.19: What information on vegetation must I include in my permit application?
5. Section 779.20: What information on fish and wildlife resources must I include in my permit application?
6. Section 779.21: What information on soils must I include in my permit application?
7. Section 779.22: What information on land use and productivity must I include in my permit application?
8. Section 779.24: What maps, plans, and cross-sections must I submit with my permit application?
H. Part 780: Surface Mining Permit Applications—Minimum Requirements for Reclamation and Operation Plans
1. Section 780.1: What does this part do?
2. Section 780.2: What is the objective of this part?
3. Section 780.12: What information must the reclamation plan include?
4. Section 780.13: What additional maps and plans must I include in the reclamation plan?
5. Why are we removing the provisions for air pollution control plans in previous 30 CFR 780.15?
6. Section 780.16: What must I include in the fish and wildlife protection and enhancement plan?
7. Section 780.19: What baseline information on hydrology, geology, and aquatic biology must I provide?
8. Section 780.20: How must I prepare the determination of the probable hydrologic consequences of my proposed operation (PHC determination)?Start Printed Page 93067
9. Section 780.21: What requirements apply to preparation and review of the cumulative hydrologic impact assessment (CHIA)?
10. Section 780.22: What information must I include in the hydrologic reclamation plan and what information must I provide on alternative water resources?
11. Section 780.23: What information must I include in plans for the monitoring of groundwater, surface water, and the biological condition of streams during and after mining?
12. Section 780.24: What requirements apply to the postmining land use?
13. Section 780.25: What information must I provide for siltation structures, impoundments, and refuse piles?
14. Section 780.26: What special requirements apply to surface mining near underground mining?
15. Section 780.27: What additional permitting requirements apply to activities in or through an ephemeral stream?
16. Section 780.28: What additional permitting requirements apply to activities in, through, or adjacent to a perennial or intermittent stream?
17. Section 780.29: What information must I include in the surface-water runoff control plan?
18. Section 780.35: What information must I provide concerning the minimization and disposal of excess spoil?
19. Section 780.37: What information must I provide concerning access and haul roads?
I. Part 783: Underground Mining Permit Applications—Minimum Requirements for Information on Environmental Resources and Conditions
1. Section 783.24: What maps, plans, and cross-sections must I submit with my permit application?
2. Section 783.26: May I submit permit application information in increments as mining progresses?
J. Part 784: Underground Mining Permit Applications—Minimum Requirements for Reclamation and Operation Plans
1. Section 784.11: What must I include in the general description of my proposed operation?
2. Section 784.13: What additional maps and plans must I include in the reclamation plan?
3. Section 784.19: What baseline information on hydrology, geology, and aquatic biology must I provide?
4. Section 784.20: How must I prepare the determination of the probable hydrologic consequences of my proposed operation (PHC determination)?
5. Section 784.21: What requirements apply to preparation and review of the cumulative hydrologic impact assessment (CHIA)?
6. Section 784.22: What information must I include in the hydrologic reclamation plan and what information must I provide on alternative water resources?
7. Section 784.23: What information must I include in my plans for the monitoring of groundwater, surface water, and the biological condition of streams during and after mining?
8. Section 784.24: What requirements apply to the postmining land use?
9. Why are we removing the provisions for air pollution plans in previous 30 CFR 784.26?
10. Section 784.26: What information must I provide if I plan to return coal processing waste to abandoned underground workings?
11. Section 780.27: What additional permitting requirements apply to activities in or through an ephemeral stream?
12. Section 784.28: What additional permitting requirements apply to activities in, through, or adjacent to a perennial or intermittent stream?
13. Section 784.30: When must I prepare a subsidence control plan and what information must that plan include?
14. Section 784.35: What information must I provide concerning the minimization and disposal of excess spoil?
15. Section 784.40: May I submit permit application information in increments as mining progresses?
16. Why are we removing 30 CFR 784.200?
K. Part 785: Requirements for Permits for Special Categories of Mining
1. Section 785.14: What special provisions apply to proposed mountaintop removal mining operations?
2. Section 785.16: What special requirements apply to proposed variances from approximate original contour restoration requirements for steep-slope mining?
3. Section 785.25: What special provisions apply to proposed operations on lands eligible for remining?
L. Part 800: Bond, Financial Assurance, and Liability Insurance Requirements for Surface Coal Mining and Reclamation Operations
1. How have we revised the definitions in 30 CFR 800.5?
2. Section 800.9: What requirements apply to alternative bonding systems?
3. Section 800.11: When and how must I file a performance bond?
4. Section 800.12: What types of performance bond are acceptable?
5. Section 800.13: What is the liability period for a performance bond?
6. Section 800.14: How will the regulatory authority determine the amount of performance bond required?
7. Section 800.15: When must the regulatory authority adjust the bond amount and when may I request adjustment of the bond amount?
8. Section 800.16: What are the general terms and conditions of the performance bond?
9. Why are we removing 30 CFR 800.17?
10. Section 800.18: What special provisions apply to financial guarantees for treatment of long-term discharges?
11. Section 800.21: What additional requirements apply to collateral bonds?
12. Section 800.23: What additional requirements apply to self-bonds?
13. Section 800.30: When may I replace a performance bond or financial assurance instrument and when must I do so?
14. Section 800.40: How do I apply for release of all or part of a performance bond?
15. Section 800.41: How will the regulatory authority process my application for bond release?
16. Section 800.42: What are the criteria for bond release?
17. Section 800.43: When and how must the regulatory authority provide notification of its decision on a bond release application?
18. Section 800.44: Who may file an objection to a bond release application and how must the regulatory authority respond to an objection?
19. Section 800.50: When and how will a performance bond be forfeited?
20. Section 800.60: What liability insurance must I carry?
21. Section 800.70: What special bonding provisions apply to anthracite operations in Pennsylvania?
M. Part 816: Permanent Program Performance Standards—Surface Mining Activities
1. Section 816.1: What does this part do?
2. Section 816.2: What is the objective of this part?
3. Section 816.11: What signs and markers must I post?
4. Section 816.22: How must I handle topsoil, subsoil, and other plant growth media?
5. Section 816.34: How must I protect the hydrologic balance?
6. Section 816.35: How must I monitor groundwater?
7. Section 816.36: How must I monitor surface water?
8. Section 816.37: How must I monitor the biological condition of streams?
9. Section 816.38: How must I handle acid-forming and toxic-forming materials?
10. Section 816.40: What responsibility do I have to replace water supplies?
11. Section 816.41: Under what conditions may I discharge to an underground mine?
12. Section 816.42: What Clean Water Act requirements apply to discharges from my operation?
13. Section 816.43: How must I construct and maintain diversions and other channels to convey water?
14. Section 816.45: What sediment control measures must I use?
15. Section 816.46: What requirements apply to siltation structures?
16. Section 816.47: What requirements apply to discharge structures for impoundments?
17. Section 816.49: What requirements apply to impoundments?
18. Section 816.55: What must I do with sedimentation ponds, diversions, impoundments, and treatment facilities after I no longer need them?
19. Section 816.56: What additional performance standards apply to activities in or through an ephemeral stream?
20. Section 816.57: What additional performance standards apply to activities in, through, or adjacent to a perennial or intermittent stream?
21. Section 816.59: How must I maximize coal recovery?Start Printed Page 93068
22. Section 816.61: Use of Explosives: General Requirements
23. Section 816.62: Use of Explosives: Preblasting Survey
24. Section 816.64: Use of Explosives: Blasting Schedule
25. Section 816.66: Use of Explosives: Blasting Signs, Warnings, and Access Control
26. Section 816.67: Use of Explosives: Control of Adverse Effects
27. Section 816.68: Use of Explosives: Records of Blasting Operations
28. Section 816.71: How must I dispose of excess spoil?
29. Why are we removing the provisions for rock-core chimney drains in 30 CFR 816.72?
30. Why are we removing the provisions for durable rock fills in 30 CFR 816.73?
31. Section 816.74: What special requirements apply to the disposal of excess spoil on a preexisting bench?
32. Section 816.79: What measures must I take to protect underground mines in the vicinity of my surface mine?
33. Section 816.81: How must I dispose of coal mine waste?
34. Section 816.83: What special requirements apply to coal mine waste refuse piles?
35. Section 816.84: What special requirements apply to coal mine waste impounding structures?
36. Section 816.87: What special requirements apply to burning and burned coal mine waste?
37. Section 816.89: How must I dispose of noncoal mine wastes?
38. Section 816.95: How must I protect surface areas from wind and water erosion?
39. Section 816.97: How must I protect and enhance fish, wildlife, and related environmental values?
40. Section 816.99: What measures must I take to prevent and remediate landslides?
41. Section 816.100: What are the standards for keeping reclamation contemporaneous with mining?
42. Why are we removing 30 CFR 816.101?
43. Section 816.102: How must I backfill the mined area and configure the land surface?
44. Section 816.104: What special provisions for backfilling, grading, and surface configuration apply to sites with thin overburden?
45. Section 816.105: What special provisions for backfilling, grading, and surface configuration apply to sites with thick overburden?
46. Section 816.106: What special provisions for backfilling, grading, and surface configuration apply to previously mined areas with a preexisting highwall?
47. Section 816.107: What special provisions for backfilling, grading, and surface configuration apply to steep slopes?
48. Section 816.111: How must I revegetate areas disturbed by mining activities?
49. Why are we removing 30 CFR 816.113 and 816.114?
50. Section 816.115: How long am I responsible for revegetation after planting?
51. Section 816.116: What are the standards for determining the success of revegetation?
52. Section 816.131: What actions must I take when I temporarily cease mining operations?
53. Section 816.132: What actions must I take when I permanently cease mining operations?
54. Section 816.133: What provisions concerning the postmining land use apply to my operation?
55. Section 816.150: What are the general requirements for haul and access roads?
56. Section 816.151: What additional requirements apply to primary roads?
57. Section 816.180: To what extent must I protect utility installations?
58. Section 816.181: What requirements apply to support facilities?
59. Why are we removing interpretive rule in 30 CFR 816.200?
N. Part 817: Permanent Program Performance Standards—Underground Mining Activities
1. Section 817.11: What signs and markers must I post?
2. Section 817.34: How must I protect the hydrologic balance?
3. Section 817.40: What responsibility do I have to replace water supplies?
4. Section 817.44: What restrictions apply to gravity discharges from underground mines?
5. Section 817.57: What additional performance standards apply to activities conducted in, through, or adjacent to a perennial or intermittent stream?
6. Section 817.71: How must I dispose of excess spoil?
7. Section 817.102: How must I backfill surface excavations and grade and configure the land surface?
8. Section 817.121: What measures must I take to prevent, control, or correct damage resulting from subsidence?
9. Why are we removing the interpretive rules in 30 CFR 817.200?
O. Part 824: Special Permanent Program Performance Standards—Mountaintop Removal Mining Operations
P. Part 827: Special Permanent Program Performance Standards—Coal Preparation Plants Not Located Within the Permit Area of a Mine
XVII. What effect will this rule have in federal program states and on Indian lands?
XVIII. How will this rule affect state regulatory programs?
IX. Procedural Matters and Required Determinations
A. Regulatory Planning and Review (Executive Orders 12866 and 13563)
B. Regulatory Flexibility Act
C. Small Business Regulatory Enforcement Fairness Act
D. Unfunded Mandates
E. Executive Order 12630—Takings
F. Executive Order 13132—Federalism
G. Executive Order 12988—Civil Justice Reform
H. Executive Order 13175—Consultation and Coordination With Indian Tribal Governments
I. Executive Order 13211—Actions Concerning Regulations That Significantly Affect Energy Supply, Distribution, or Use
J. Paperwork Reduction Act
K. National Environmental Policy Act
L. Data Quality Act
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies