Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2017, 08:41 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Here's what appears to be the latest story, a reaction from one of the victims following the sentencing - Douglas hate-crime victim to defendants: 'Why you crying now?'

I am hoping some reporter does an in-depth story on this. What on earth possessed these people??? What was the thought process that lead to approximately 15 theoretically grown-up people spending two days riding around in pickups threatening black people? I've despised a few people in my time, but it would never have occurred to me to waste two days of my life making a public display of it!

"Hey Kayla, I know how we should spend this weekend - riding around in our pickup yelling at people and aiming our shotgun at them. Won't that be fun? Just drop the kids off at your mom's house, we'll have ourselves a good old time!"

Cry away.

I have no sympathy, and I think it's probably a good thing that these losers won't be raising their kids.
Sick, they don't deserve any sympathy in my opinion after yelling this: “‘We’re going to kill some (racial epithet)s today,’” Emadi said, quoting witnesses present during the standoff. “We’ll blow the head off the little bastards. We’ll kill all the little (racial epithet)s.”
I would have in no way thought these people were kidding around. I would have taking it seriously and acted accordingly.

I hope those kids don't grow up to hate all white people after these low life's decided to represent that way. Horrible. This is how it spreads. If we are a civil society we need to put an end to it with harsh punishment. It doesn't matter who does it, it's time to end it.

Luckily there aren't that many left, African American, Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, that feel they need to terrorize. Those small numbers that do, need to be dealt with harshly. We need to send a clear message. That way when they get a long sentence for it there will be no surprises and no out cry.

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 AM

23,766 posts, read 29,058,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steven_h View Post
... They should have been handed 400 hours of community service at a rec center in the area they hounded.

THAT would have been a total wake up call.

what a bunch of nonsense...hope Mr Cowardly Bigoted Dumas enjoys his Bubba delivered wake-up calls for the next 13 years courtesy of the State of Georgia

hopefully their kids haven't been too corrupted yet by their worthless parents and will remember them simply as 2 a** ***** that cared more about a bs cloth of traitors than taking care of their own children

Old 03-01-2017, 08:45 AM

73,012 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Here's what appears to be the latest story, a reaction from one of the victims following the sentencing - Douglas hate-crime victim to defendants: 'Why you crying now?'

I am hoping some reporter does an in-depth story on this. What on earth possessed these people??? What was the thought process that lead to approximately 15 theoretically grown-up people spending two days riding around in pickups threatening black people? I've despised a few people in my time, but it would never have occurred to me to waste two days of my life making a public display of it!

"Hey Kayla, I know how we should spend this weekend - riding around in our pickup yelling at people and aiming our shotgun at them. Won't that be fun? Just drop the kids off at your mom's house, we'll have ourselves a good old time!"

Cry away.

I have no sympathy, and I think it's probably a good thing that these losers won't be raising their kids.
I am familiar with Douglas and Paulding counties. There is a redneck culture in those areas. I'm likely to think that those were just some hateful individuals out there who felt like they could get away with anything.

And in reading the article, this is what I found.

Quote:
The display of the battle flag hadn’t disturbed Alford all that much. She said she grew up seeing it all over the Alabama town where she was raised. She was even used to hearing the type of slurs hurled at her and her guests.

“I wasn’t mad about them flying those flags,” Alford said. “It was when they pulled them guns and said ‘I’m gonna shoot the little bastards.’”
When a person is used to persons in a certain area being bigoted, something is not right. As a side note, the area where that happened, one can reach Alabama within 40 minutes. There is some rural eastern Alabama influence around.

Old 03-01-2017, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
Sick, they don't deserve any sympathy in my opinion after yelling this: “‘We’re going to kill some (racial epithet)s today,’” Emadi said, quoting witnesses present during the standoff. “We’ll blow the head off the little bastards. We’ll kill all the little (racial epithet)s.”
I would have in no way thought these people were kidding around. I would have taking it seriously and acted accordingly.

I hope those kids don't grow up to hate all white people after these low life's decided to represent that way. Horrible. This is how it spreads. If we are a civil society we need to put an end to it with harsh punishment. It doesn't matter who does it, it's time to end it.

Luckily there aren't that many left, African American, Caucasian, Hispanic, Asian, Indian, that feel they need to terrorize. Those small numbers that do, need to be dealt with harshly. We need to send a clear message. That way when they get a long sentence for it there will be no surprises and no out cry.
I grew up dealing with bigots and racists. A few kids I knew threatened to hang me by a noose. I did not grow up to hate White people or any other ethnicity. It's wrong to have that hate. Hopefully those kids who got terrorized will think the same way as I do.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:20 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Not Alabama. Georgia.

The law they were prosecuted under is a street gang terrorism act, not a civil rights law.
Georgia.

Well, then that makes all the difference. I suspect they've been down on this sort of behavior for some time.

Never lived there, so no first hand experience though.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:22 AM

10,355 posts, read 7,988,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I feel sorry for this couple. They both seem sort of witless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I'll confess to feeling some sympathy for the couple in question. It's exactly the sort of sympathy I feel for people seriously injured while doing witless things on Youtube videos. "While I'm sorry you lost your hand, how could you have ever thought that juggling running chainsaws was a good idea?!"

No one with even a double-digit IQ could have imagined for a moment that the conduct Tokinouta outlines in his post wouldn't result in a significant jail sentence (especially since there was not only eyewitness testimony but actual video of the events in question). And yet this couple turned down a plea bargain to go to trial?!

Unfortunately, stupidity hurts. And doubly unfortunately in this case it hurt innocent people, not just the dumba**es in question. I doubt these two will learn anything in jail (because if they were capable of that level of self-reflection they wouldn't have found themselves in this mess to begin with), but there's no doubt that jail is precisely where they belong.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:26 AM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post
I'll confess to feeling some sympathy for the couple in question. It's exactly the sort of sympathy I feel for people seriously injured while doing witless things on Youtube videos. "While I'm sorry you lost your hand, how could you have ever thought that juggling running chainsaws was a good idea?!"

No one with even a double-digit IQ could have imagined for a moment that the conduct Tokinouta outlines in his post wouldn't result in a significant jail sentence (especially since there was not only eyewitness testimony but actual video of the events in question). And yet this couple turned down a plea bargain to go to trial?!

Unfortunately, stupidity hurts. And doubly unfortunately in this case it hurt innocent people, not just the dumba**es in question. I doubt these two will learn anything in jail (because if they were capable of that level of self-reflection they wouldn't have found themselves in this mess to begin with), but there's no doubt that jail is precisely where they belong.
Got to agree with you there.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:30 AM

12,687 posts, read 6,734,867 times
In the ridiculously PC environment that SWJ Progressives have created, everyone gets called a racist just for disagreeing with them. When everybody is a racist ... nobody is. These two idiots are a great example of what we stand to lose by so flippantly tossing out "racist" all the time. These are real racists. They're the scum of the earth. They deserve what they got. But if you're calling everyone a racist, you're going to generate support for these sorts of people -- just because people are sick of being labeled a racist for no reason whatsoever.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:50 AM

46,951 posts, read 25,990,037 times
Quote:
What on earth possessed these people??? What was the thought process that lead to approximately 15 theoretically grown-up people spending two days riding around in pickups threatening black people? I've despised a few people in my time, but it would never have occurred to me to waste two days of my life making a public display of it!
I've been informed on this very thread that this was an understandable, nay, unavoidable reaction to the Confederate flag being made unwelcome on public property.

Old 03-01-2017, 11:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aredhel View Post

I can't muster any sympathy for said persons. They knew what they were doing. The only thing I could feel sorry for is that they have so much hate in their hearts. This is not only stupidity. This is hate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies