Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 06:14 AM

11,318 posts, read 16,634,674 times

Advertisements

What happened to women wanting to be equal.

He = 13 years
She = 6 years.

Old 05-30-2017, 06:30 AM

4,279 posts, read 1,898,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Hmmmm....One got 6 years and the other got 13---where's the 35 years?

I think the pointing of the shotgun probably weighed more heavily than the racial slurs.

Martyrs? Surely not--just not a sympathetic crime or ideological up side.
shhhhh....

You are ruining the narrative!

Old 05-30-2017, 10:56 AM

46,890 posts, read 25,860,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UniqueFreak View Post
They were a group protesting the assault on their southern heritage...
I didn't know driving through predominantly black neighborhoods flying the flag of those who wanted to keep black people as property was an integral part of "southern heritage", but if you say so...

How about the yelling of slurs at black motorists? Still southern heritage? The heroic storming of the bouncy castle at a kid's birthday party? Heritage?

I'm not an expert, but if you want to claim there's anything worth preserving in this southern heritage of yours, you might look into getting some other champions, because these guys don't seem to embody anything worth taking pride in.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:19 AM

3,987 posts, read 2,101,253 times
They deserve every day of it. I imagine that they will do their time in Protective custody for obvious reasons.

Old 05-30-2017, 11:28 AM

158 posts, read 106,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan85 View Post
They deserve every day of it. I imagine that they will do their time in Protective custody for obvious reasons.
Go ahead say what the OBVIOUS reasons are....I know exactly what you mean. I have a cousin who JUST got released from prison in Georgia,I had an ex step father who served 2 stints in prison so I know all about it.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:02 PM

30,030 posts, read 11,623,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
Wow! I hate what this couple did and believe they should pay a price, by the way it was 13 and 6 years, not 35, but this is still not Justice.
There are other links to this that break the time down better. It is 35 years if you include probation:

Superior Court Judge William McClain delivered Torres a sentence to 20 years, with 13 served in prison, and Norton was given 15 years with six to serve in prison, the AJC reported.

There was interview after the altercation from one of the drivers that paints a very different picture:

Woman says men with confederate flags threatened her family | WSB-TV

We're being publicized as the KKK and that's not us,” said Levi Bush, who identified himself as a driver of one of the pickup trucks. Bush told Belanger the group was driving around conducting a fundraiser and the reason they stopped on the grass near the birthday party was because he got a flat tire. Bush said people at the predominately-black birthday party approached his group in a hostile manner and that’s when the situation escalated.
"Do you think this was a giant misunderstanding?” Belanger asked.
“I think it could have been because we had black people with us in our caravan and Mexican people with us," Bush said.
“Officers on scene were given conflicting statements as to what led up to the confrontation,” the police department’s statement said.

I live the the rule to avoid unnecessary conflicts because you never know what might happen. This could have been being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Tempers flared and now they are paying a big price.

Old 05-30-2017, 12:47 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Torres, who had retrieved a shotgun from his vehicle, pointed his shotgun at the group of African American party-goers and stated he was going to kill them while his co-defendants stated that 'the little ones can get one too,' referring to the young children at the party

bold is the main reason why they got what they got. Criminal Threats

Old 05-30-2017, 12:49 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,041,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I didn't know driving through predominantly black neighborhoods flying the flag of those who wanted to keep black people as property was an integral part of "southern heritage", but if you say so...

How about the yelling of slurs at black motorists? Still southern heritage? The heroic storming of the bouncy castle at a kid's birthday party? Heritage?

I'm not an expert, but if you want to claim there's anything worth preserving in this southern heritage of yours, you might look into getting some other champions, because these guys don't seem to embody anything worth taking pride in.
I suspect they are about to experience a whole new kind of "southern heritage" in the Georgia prison system. I hope they enjoy it!

Last edited by JAMS14; 05-30-2017 at 01:38 PM..

Old 05-30-2017, 01:01 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,857,425 times
Well now they're going to get a 13 and 6 year timeout. They had it coming I feel no sympathy or pity for them. For those that hide behind the first amendment to spread racial hate you're disgusting.

Old 05-30-2017, 01:34 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,673,464 times
Read the story, terrorized birthday party with shotgun and at walmart.
Threatened to kill kids etc.
35 years? Maybe 5-10 would have been fine.

Lets not confuse "crimes" with "hate crimes" the hate crime has become the standard over use of jail time.
Many people kill white and black people in chicago everyday and a few racists run around being idiots some how get a story here.

I would love to know how many KKK groups are killing people these days.

More black people are killing each other everyday then the KKK or these type of people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.