Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2017, 01:19 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Same way you call for a pizza and it ends up at your door 30 minutes later. The market delivers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
But the pizza guy drove on State roads!!!

Well he did and because of government regulations you're most likely getting a pizza with topping delivered in a box that won't endanger your health.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-06-2017, 01:20 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Can't say I agree. Costs go down when competition is introduced, and when customers can negotiate with the people providing the services.

I don't see it as a superior option to have one agency that's allowed to give you services you may have never asked for, outlaw all competition, then send you a bill and lock you in a cage if you don't comply.

That's not even bringing in the issue of when they tax us and spend it on wars, bailouts, and all kinds of other garbage we would never pay for voluntarily.
Then why haven't we seen this work with the privatization of prisons?

Old 04-06-2017, 01:57 PM

5,301 posts, read 2,354,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Then why haven't we seen this work with the privatization of prisons?
Probably sums it up better than I could...

Quote:
A truly private organization is characterized by competition in a free marketplace. A private organization does not enjoy any monopoly powers conferred by the state. Nor are the taxpayers forced to pay for the services of any private organization through their tax dollars. “Private” prisons, on the other hand, are nothing like a truly private organization.
https://mises.org/blog/dont-confuse-...market-prisons

Old 04-06-2017, 03:54 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
The assertion that many people pay over $100,000 per year in taxes. I'd like to see the stats on that statement. And no, I won't google it because you said it.
Firstly, I never said "many" please show me where I did.

Secondly, you don't have to google anything, it's a simple math problem.

Old 04-06-2017, 03:58 PM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,781 times
Quote:
Well he did and because of government regulations you're most likely getting a pizza with topping delivered in a box that won't endanger your health.
And if they didn't have to pay insane amounts of tax, they wouldn't have to eat crappy soggy pizza in the first place. They could afford to buy a healthy three course meal.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:06 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T0103E View Post
Probably sums it up better than I could...

https://mises.org/blog/dont-confuse-...market-prisons
We read the same articles. I just linked that in here a month or two ago.

Theoretically speaking a free market is an all-or-nothing proposition. In short, a free market cannot exist in an involuntary statist society because the State regulates, taxes, and arbitrarily decides winners and losers based on principles outside of a free market.

Plus the State has a monopoly on force. You can't function freely in a paradigm such as this.

Old 04-06-2017, 04:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
True. Pizza Hut would love to sell you pies in ricin-laced boxes if there was no government watching them.

It would increases their sales by billions.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies